Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Jeep lift

italy888
02-01-2003, 03:11 PM
What is the maximum lift I can put on my 2002 Jeep TJ, without voiding my warranty?
Also, Any recommendations on lift setups...i.e. body lift or coil lift, tire size/brand, and wheel size.

Thanks!!!

Seneb
03-06-2003, 10:47 AM
a lift should not void your warranty. check out www.skyjacker.com for their huge lifts. good stuff.

read about aftermarket parts and warranty issues at www.sema.org

lots of questions
03-09-2003, 03:14 PM
in my experience with lifts, i have found Skyjacker to be way to costly. i would go with rubicon express or BDS, those lifts are very complete and not very expensive. i would go with 33's no bigger, if you go bigger then a 33 and up to a 35 you will have to regear and get a Slip Yoke Eliminator. and if you are willing to do all that you might as well keep going up. i would not pay for a skyjacker, yeah its a nice name and all but i absolulty love the flex you can get out of a 4" rubicon express. any lift is going to terminate your warrenty, because you are going to have to change out your clutch linkagan and your stock springs. but hey... who needs that thing anyways!!!

lots of questions
03-09-2003, 03:16 PM
i would not go with the body lift either. yeah there cheap but they give you to much top end sway overall.

YJalltheWay
03-11-2003, 01:57 PM
i agree, dont go with a body lift. it also allows for a higher chance of the body tub tearing off the frame in a severe accident. as far as lifts go, you cant beat old man emu, but if you're looking for something less $$$ go with bds. they have a lifetime warranty on all parts.

Add your comment to this topic!