Page updated on 12-11-2017

Mt first fujimi kit / fujimi R32 report [no pics]

integra818
01-31-2003, 11:07 PM
I built my first fujimi kit, a tohge skyline R32 gt-r, I build it from January28-6:00pm <>january29-10:00. I enjoyed the kiot but it had many problems...

Pros: didnt need to paint it, the color was already cool. It took me less than 2 days to build it. It looks hella cool! It was cheap: $8.44. It came with a cool mesh grill for the airdam.

cons: It came with a custom exaust but it doesnt fit under the chassis and it does'nt have tips. The gauges were pink. Side by side comparison with a tamiya R32 shows how badly fujimi sucks compared to tamiya, the bumper on the fujimi one is way lower than the tamiya one, and the rear valance on the fujimi skyline is shorter than the tamiya one. Mirrors did'nt fit and had to be modified to fit. Windshield wipers suck. Side mirror housings don't have the mirror, niether does the rear-view mirror.

Lessons learned: if you're gonna buy a fujimi kit, make sure it has a body kit, fujimi has bad body proportions for stock body cars. If the price is cheap, the quality is probably cheap too.

ONLY BUILD IF YOU REALLY LOVE THE R32 SKYLINE !!!!

Just my suggestions :)

ChopinPorkChop
01-31-2003, 11:10 PM
the point of this thread? i didnt even bother to read bcuz all i wanna see is pics then find out wats in the pics

integra818
01-31-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by ChopinPorkChop
the point of this thread? i didnt even bother to read bcuz all i wanna see is pics then find out wats in the pics

>>>>> [no pics]

That's why I put that. :D

Vyacheslav
01-31-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by integra818

>>>>> [no pics]

That's why I put that. :D
You should know that there would be less interest without pictures.

tonioseven
02-01-2003, 12:02 AM
ONLY BUILD IF YOU REALLY LOVE THE R32 SKYLINE !!!! I do and I am! I'll have it completed later next week; the only problem I had with mine so far is what rims to put on it!:p

integra818
02-01-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Vyacheslav

You should know that there would be less interest without pictures.

Yes, I understand that clearly, but if there was information like this about this kit when I wanted to buy it, It would be very interesting to me, and this thread might just be very helpful for someone thinking or planing on buying this kit. :)

integra818
02-01-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by tonioseven
I do and I am! I'll have it completed later next week; the only problem I had with mine so far is what rims to put on it!:p

The bronze ones that come with the kit are very nice i.m.o, which rims are you thinking of putting on yours?

tonioseven
02-01-2003, 12:23 AM
18" BBS LM or Works Rezax II (identical to Konig Imagines)

integra818
02-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by tonioseven
18" BBS LM or Works Rezax II (identical to Konig Imagines)

I love bbs rims on old-school cars, it's kinda my style, I
ve never heard of rezax II, do you have a pic?

tonioseven
02-01-2003, 12:31 AM
Here they are on this Jetta (http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=218306)

integra818
02-01-2003, 12:35 AM
You have very nice taste in wheels tonioseven. I love those rims.

Did'nt I P.M you about that skyline? I think it was about 2 or 3 months ago! Hav'nt you built it yet??? taking too long!!! :rolleyes: j/k;)

Add your comment to this topic!