Page updated on 12-12-2017

Today's Shipping (Fujimi R33 Nismo etc.)

hirofkd
01-31-2003, 05:54 AM
Just got back from shopping, and I picked up Fujimi R33, Car Modeling Manual vol.10 and Hasegawa Crusader.
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/733870p1310016.JPG
Fujimi just released R33 GT-R and ER24 with Nismo stripe decal. Both look pretty good, but I already have an ER34 nismo kit, so I skipped it, but just got the R33.
I replayed to this thread with photos of the content.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t84489.html

As you know, you can open and check the content of kits freely in Japan, and I found the following.
Defend Racing R33 box says that the front bumper and rear wing is different, so be careful. It's a std R33 with extra decals. The wheel is TE37.
Advan GAB RX-7 is std RX-7 with new decals and Advan RG wheels.

Car Modeling Manual vol.10 has F2001 -> F2002 conversion article with good step by step photos. Also, it has an incomplete 1/4 scale F2002 scratchbuilding project, and it's using actual carbon fiber. Very interesting article, but it's also very expensive project.
Also, it has a nice built up of Revell FW23, and Studio27's EJ12.
Other examples are Heller Evo VII + Studio27 decal, Revell Dodge Intrepid #9, Yamaha YZR500 etc.

Lastly, all new Crusader kit put me back to aircraft modeling after more than a decade.

[Edit: Forgot to put a picture, didn't I?]

Jay!
01-31-2003, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the report! :wave:

joecwlaw
01-31-2003, 02:11 PM
thanks hirofkd. I think I will go for the Fujimi R33.......thanks for your info.

cph81
01-31-2003, 03:18 PM
HA!! You really got that nismo R33 kit!! That's a big rip off from fujimi. The new one is the same as the old one. They only add the junk decal(1000+ yen for that piece of $hit).

hirofkd
01-31-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by cph81
HA!! You really got that nismo R33 kit!! That's a big rip off from fujimi. The new one is the same as the old one. They only add the junk decal(1000+ yen for that piece of $hit).
I can get it at 30% off, but I chose to pay that much, because I had to fill my member ship card at a store, which don't frequently go, and I needed to buy at least 2000 yen.
Also, I can scan and print the Nismo stripe myself, or use Fujimi customer service and buy another for 350yen.

InTeGrAbOy18
02-01-2003, 03:27 AM
which kit is that silver r33 i like it how much is it? and where can i get it?

Re037
02-01-2003, 04:16 AM
do you ahve any more pics of the fujimi r33, im trying to see the settle differences with the tamiya. i also notice that the nismo body seems a bit "fat," cant really desribe it but i think the front bumper drops down too low.

hirofkd
02-01-2003, 09:22 AM
>InTeGrAbOy18
It's Fujimi R33 GT-R Nismo, which just came out. It's Millennium Inch Up series MN-31, and it has the nismo stripe decal. Price is 2200 yen, and it's available at usual places such as HHR (i.e. Hobby Search, Hobby Link Japan, Rainbow Ten) Check FAQ for more. The R33 Nismo "without" nismo stripe is only 1200 yen, so if the budget is tight, look for that one instead. It's inch up disk series ID-74.

>Re037
Did you check the link above? Which part of comparison photo do you want?

Fujimi's front section is indeed thicker by 1.5 mm or so. The lip spoiler is noticeably thicker, and the rest is almost the same. Problem of Fujimi is that the top edge of the bumper is dull and rounded, unlike tamiya, which creates a sharp highlight along the edge. A strip of plastic sheet and some filing will take care of the problem, but the two inlet surrounding has to be sanded off, and new one has to be attached. Probably 2 - 3 hour work.

Another noticeable flaw is the side skirt. The lower part has to be much thicker. 1.0 or 1.2mm plastic sheet, gap filling super glue, and some filing work will fix that easily. 30 min work.

The bath tub type interior will make you speechless, and I just recommend to paint it in dark color. :) The seats are fine.
Tamiya's interior isn't detailed either, so I give a thumb down to both kits on this.

And the wheel arch is unexpectedly large on both kits, so 18in or 19 in wheel is almost mandatory. Lowering the Fujimi is easy, since both are using a metal axis, while Tamiya needs more work, because it represents accurate multi link suspension details.

Add your comment to this topic!