Page updated on 12-13-2017

help with painting bodies and more!!!!!(newb thread)

Re037
01-30-2003, 10:04 PM
ive been reading many things online, and yes i an a newb. take pride in what you are right? well, i was wondering how you experts get such a smooth finish. generally, ive tried to do thwe many coats deal, and it just looks to "blobby." the paint comes on too thick. ive tried the several coats of light overspray deal too, but it comes out sandy (or as how ive read, orange peel). ive heard of using car polishing compund, meguiars gold bar and real autobody finishing stuff. do any you guys know if that stuff work?

also, do any of you guys know if the tamiya kit of the r34 GTR vspec II has nismo rims? i heard it from somewhere but wasnt quite sure. i have the first vspec and lost the rear wing so im trying to make new one. i added nismo bumper ducts but thats it so far. trying to see if i can paint the nismo logo on the intercooler, so itll show up thru the mesh.

im currently working on a gc8 impreza from tamiya (updated the nose to 2002 spec (not the uplift with the lights and new hood but the grill surround), and a rps13 180sx from fujimi in which i plan to turn into a drifter.

Suislide
01-30-2003, 11:11 PM
F----A-----Q!!!!:D :D for all your painting needs.

and yes the VSpec II comes with Nismo wheels.

Re037
01-30-2003, 11:36 PM
sweet, thanks. all i need to know in one simple corner. im gonna like it here.:)

ShOrtyOC714
01-31-2003, 12:35 AM
Hey heres some advice for u. Use Meguires Car Wax It works really good. Another tip, when u paint spray from 12in. away and move from right to left slowly with light coats, then keep doin light coats till the body is completely covered. Tell me if this works. It should cuz thats whut i did.:D

primera man
01-31-2003, 12:51 AM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=547069&t=9066#post547069 Read:cool:

Toksin
01-31-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by S13_Iketani
F----A-----Q!!!!

That wasn't very nice, FAQ too buddy! :D

Add your comment to this topic!