Page updated on 12-12-2017

Anyone used this ?

Vric
01-29-2003, 08:52 PM
Anyone used this before ?

http://www.bare-metal.com/ex-c_decal_film.htm

if so do you really need the Microscale Liquid Decal Film ? I would use them with Lazer color printer

thanks

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-29-2003, 08:57 PM
I have used something similar, and you must use a clear decal film over the laser copy, otherwise the pigment will break apart into a million pieces.

Look at a regular decal sheet up close and you'll see a clear carrier film over each decal. That's what the superfilm is, except you'll have to trim your decals as closely as possible to the image because they aren't printed on like on kit decals. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Vric
01-29-2003, 09:02 PM
ok and the result is great ? the price is quite good.. for the price of 1 after market sheet of decal, you can have 3 sheets of 8 / 11

it's stupid.. my store have the sheets, but not the clear decal film :confused: :D

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-29-2003, 09:12 PM
I made some color copies of Krispy Kreme logos from a donut box, and also some woodgrain decals that I created w/ artist markers and technical pens. The decals worked out very nicely from the color copier. You can check/adjust color on a test sheet before running the decal paper through it.

The Micro Super Film is very common in most hobby shops, and is relatively cheap. You can apply it with a cotton swab. You can substitute clear paint, but you run the risk of it being not as flexible as the super film and perhaps the decal will crack when you are transfering it. You might want to test a small sample of clear acrylic or enamel paint on part of the decal sheet to see if it comes off in one piece when you put it in water. If it holds up, you should be okay.

COZMO6476
01-29-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Vric
Anyone used this before ?

http://www.bare-metal.com/ex-c_decal_film.htm

if so do you really need the Microscale Liquid Decal Film ? I would use them with Lazer color printer

thanks

I used paper from BMF on my supra! its pretty good but you have to play around with it alot to understand what you can and cant do with it. the white paper is quite thick... much thicker than your typical tamiya water slide decal. thats what i used on the supra. i also used the ink jet version, and not the laser color printer version. but it is imperative to use the decal film over the print since dipping it into water will wash away the graphics if you dont. the liquid decal film serves to fix the image onto the decal sheet so that it will not bleed or disolve into the water you wet it with. I used a cheapo single action airbrush to do it since the liquid decal film is a pain to clean out of an double action airbrush. i tried brush painting it but it is very easy to ruin what you've printed out on the decal sheet by doing so. Hope that is helpful

Vric
01-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by COZMO6476

I used paper from BMF on my supra! its pretty good but you have to play around with it alot to understand what you can and cant do with it. the white paper is quite thick... much thicker than your typical tamiya water slide decal. thats what i used on the supra. i also used the ink jet version, and not the laser color printer version. but it is imperative to use the decal film over the print since dipping it into water will wash away the graphics if you dont. the liquid decal film serves to fix the image onto the decal sheet so that it will not bleed or disolve into the water you wet it with. I used a cheapo single action airbrush to do it since the liquid decal film is a pain to clean out of an double action airbrush. i tried brush painting it but it is very easy to ruin what you've printed out on the decal sheet by doing so. Hope that is helpful
thanks.. I have a Dual Action Airbrush and I need a new Nozel.. so "maybe" I can try it and buy a new Nozzel.. the rest is easy to clean...

humm maybe I will try them.. look like the only way to get decals I want

Add your comment to this topic!