Page updated on 10-19-2017

Flat or Matt Black?

clatescivicr
01-28-2003, 10:10 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to buy some Tamiya Paint to do a black interior. Should I get Matt or Flat black?

Also I can't remember if this is correct, but should I only use Tamiya Primer with Tamiya paints? For some reason that sticks in my mind. My only other primer is normal automotive primer. Thanks inadvance

Veyron
01-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Matt is Flat, but Tamiya only makes Semi Gloss Black and Matt Black in their TS paints. You can use Tamiya primer with all kinds of paints.:)

Integra14
01-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to buy some Tamiya Paint to do a black interior. Should I get Matt or Flat black?
I used Tamiya Matte Black on my 300ZX interior.. it looks great to me!

Also I can't remember if this is correct, but should I only use Tamiya Primer with Tamiya paints? For some reason that sticks in my mind. My only other primer is normal automotive primer. Thanks inadvance

I use Plasticote Primer, and it works very well for Tamiay paint

clatescivicr
01-28-2003, 10:19 PM
I thought Matt was flat, but Matt (TS-6) is in the Gloss section at one of the places I'm looking at buying it from.

Sorry My question was, is automotive primer fine for Tamiya paints? I know it "should" be fine, but I just have it stuck in my mind that someone had posted multiple times only use Tamiya primer when using Tamiya paints.

Originally posted by Veyron
Matt is Flat, but Tamiya only makes Semi Gloss Black and Matt Black in their TS paints. You can use Tamiya primer with all kinds of paints.:)

64 Chevy
01-28-2003, 10:34 PM
i have always used flat colors as it gives the look of vinal

Add your comment to this topic!