Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Blown V10

lewkskywalker
01-27-2003, 09:48 PM
What would happen if you put a blower (supercharger) on a Viper GTS?

Scott 02
01-29-2003, 10:32 AM
Increased Horse Power if you add a supercharger. I know you can add a Turbocharger on it as well.

Viper 10
01-31-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by lewkskywalker
What would happen if you put a blower (supercharger) on a Viper GTS?

There are only a bunch of tuners who already do it...

- Doug Levin
- Sean Roe
- Jason Tarnutzer
- Jason Heffner
- Dan Cragin

Almost all of them lack intercoolers, which means they are typically set up for 1/4 mile racing. many also are running big shots of NOS.

The problem that none of these tuners realize is that the HP and torque generated by these engine exceeds the chassis and suspension spec's of the car. On top of that, the transmission and differential are only rated up to a maximum of 600 hp. The rear suspension doesn't transfer weight well, because it is set up for road racing and keeping the car flat in high speed turns. Thiese issues also apply to the twin turbo cars.

The bottom line is that these cars have some serious traction issues, and are pretty disappointing. There is a 1,000 rwhp blown and NOS RT/10 that can barely break 10 secounds... that about says it all. There are better ways to make the Viper go, and HP/torque are the least of the worries.

That's my $.02.

Brad

TexasVipers
02-17-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Viper 10

Almost all of them lack intercoolers, which means they are typically set up for 1/4 mile racing. many also are running big shots of NOS

The Vipers dont lack intercoolers, they dont need them to make high horsepower. Vipers can make enormous power without them. Also Hennessey and Levin have intercooled Vipers.

The problem that none of these tuners realize is that the HP and torque generated by these engine exceeds the chassis and suspension spec's of the car. On top of that, the transmission and differential are only rated up to a maximum of 600 hp. The rear suspension doesn't transfer weight well, because it is set up for road racing and keeping the car flat in high speed turns. Thiese issues also apply to the twin turbo cars.
Are you serious? You dont think SVSI, Hennessey, TNT or any other long time Viper tuner who have completely been through the Viper and know every aspect and exact detail of the car dont know what you know about the Vipers chasis and suspension? The Vipers chasis is the same exact chasis (except lightened) used in the racing Vipers (those Vipers have over 700 hp) If you know what you know why dont you go to SVSI, TNT (e.t.c) motorsports and tell them they've been doing everything all wrong for 10 years now and show em how its really done :rolleyes:

The bottom line is that these cars have some serious traction issues, and are pretty disappointing. There is a 1,000 rwhp blown and NOS RT/10 that can barely break 10 secounds... that about says it all. There are better ways to make the Viper go, and HP/torque are the least of the worries.
Brad

Second, the Viper is by no means a quarter mile car, if so it would have a beefed up solid rear-end, 4-speed automatic powerglide transmission with a 3500 stall and 4.30 gears. Any Viper tuner will tell you a drag-prepped Mustang with 800 hp will spank a 1000 horse power Viper in the quarter mile, but after the quarter mile the mustang will get stomped, its all what your going for, if you want to drag race your Viper you dont spend 50k on twin turbos, you spend 20k on suspension, driveline, slicks, and lots of nitrous.

neonrcr95
02-25-2003, 05:58 PM
you could alaways go with an hrc twin turbo. That will put u up to 750 hp. Pretty nice.

Viper 10
03-02-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by TexasVipers
The Vipers dont lack intercoolers, they dont need them to make high horsepower. Vipers can make enormous power without them. Also Hennessey and Levin have intercooled Vipers.

You are obviously a Levin and Hennessey fan, but you also lack the understanding of forced induction and what intercooling does. I am a fan and have met with Doug Levin, and he is a good engine guy. I recommended to Doug to develop an intercooler over 5 years ago.

The fact that you even mention Hennessey tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about. Hennessey is a criminal who steals people's hard earned money. Go back to your magazines...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you serious? You dont think SVSI, Hennessey, TNT or any other long time Viper tuner who have completely been through the Viper and know every aspect and exact detail of the car dont know what you know about the Vipers chasis and suspension? The Vipers chasis is the same exact chasis (except lightened) used in the racing Vipers (those Vipers have over 700 hp) If you know what you know why dont you go to SVSI, TNT (e.t.c) motorsports and tell them they've been doing everything all wrong for 10 years now and show em how its really done

Once again you are wrong. The chassis on privateer Vipers might be the same, but not on the GTS-R's. oreca makes a fully tubed racing chassis and a full carbon fiber body. The race car is NOT anything like the street car... once again your magazines are getting the best of you. The fact that you sight people like SVSi, TNT and Hennessey tells me that you first of all don't own a Viper and are about as smart as the magazines that you read. If you have any knowledge of these tuners, you would not spout off like you are. I can introduce you to several people who have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars to these thieves.

If you do own a Viper, I invite you to write a blank check to one of these tuners so that they can stretch your sphincter.

quote:

Brad

Second, the Viper is by no means a quarter mile car, if so it would have a beefed up solid rear-end, 4-speed automatic powerglide transmission with a 3500 stall and 4.30 gears. Any Viper tuner will tell you a drag-prepped Mustang with 800 hp will spank a 1000 horse power Viper in the quarter mile, but after the quarter mile the mustang will get stomped, its all what your going for, if you want to drag race your Viper you dont spend 50k on twin turbos, you spend 20k on suspension, driveline, slicks, and lots of nitrous.

Did you actually agree with me (in part)? So which of your wonderful tuners are doing this to Vipers? Absolutely none of them are! By the way, I would not use a powerglide (I would recommend a Lenco) and I would also add a hallibrand quick-change rear suspension unit.

I don't think that you would get ANY Viper tuner to admit that they would be spanked by a Mustang. Keep on reading those magazines and listening to the Dallas and Houston VCA propaganda (if you own a Viper).

[/QUOTE]

DeViL
03-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Have you bought anything for your Viper, or is it still stock?

TexasVipers
03-03-2003, 12:38 AM

You are obviously a Levin and Hennessey fan, but you also lack the understanding of forced induction and what intercooling does. I am a fan and have met with Doug Levin, and he is a good engine guy. I recommended to Doug to develop an intercooler over 5 years ago.

Really? Good job that you met Doug, does it have to do anything with the subject? . The point is there is a certain level of horse power that is obtainable with stock parts, alot of the tuners want to stray close to this line so that the upgrading of stronger internals is not necessary, thus not having an intercooler isnt necessary in moderate horsepower applications.

The fact that you even mention Hennessey tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about. Hennessey is a criminal who steals people's hard earned money. Go back to your magazines...

Yes I have heard everything about Henessey time and time again, but once agian you stray off topic, did I say anything about his ethic of business? No. Crook or not he built/builds fantastic vipers, that HAVE intercoolers, which you said none did?.

Once again you are wrong. The chassis on privateer Vipers might be the same, but not on the GTS-R's. oreca makes a fully tubed racing chassis and a full carbon fiber body. The race car is NOT anything like the street car... once again your magazines are getting the best of you. The fact that you sight people like SVSi, TNT and Hennessey tells me that you first of all don't own a Viper and are about as smart as the magazines that you read. If you have any knowledge of these tuners, you would not spout off like you are. I can introduce you to several people who have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars to these thieves.
If you do own a Viper, I invite you to write a blank check to one of these tuners so that they can stretch your sphincter.

Youre going no where with this, the fact is I did read that the Vipers frame was the same as in the racing version, I read this in the Viper magazine that I get quarterly ever since I BOUGHT MY FIRST VIPER.
By the way if you know other people who have gotten ripped off by other tuners than HMS, then why wouldnt you go to Viperclub.org and post them so the Viper community knows this valuable information?

Did you actually agree with me (in part)? So which of your wonderful tuners are doing this to Vipers? Absolutely none of them are! By the way, I would not use a powerglide (I would recommend a Lenco) and I would also add a hallibrand quick-change rear suspension unit.

Really, none of them are? How about you call up SVSI tomorrow and ask them what kind of work they are doing now for quarter mile Viper performance. Whats with the naming better performance products, were you trying to show me you actully know something? I was purely giving example with the parts I listed anyway idiot.

I don't think that you would get ANY Viper tuner to admit that they would be spanked by a Mustang. Keep on reading those magazines and listening to the Dallas and Houston VCA propaganda (if you own a Viper).

Spanked? They probably won't say it in that manner but most big tuners who care about reputation will say that they are 2 diffrent kinds of cars.

By the way you are doubting me if I have a Viper(s)? I cant believe with the intelligence that you've shown above with your points you can be smart enough to afford a Viper, your paragraphs are blotchy and you seemed to misunderstand every topic I had wrote, and just because you have a picture of a Viper in your signature means nothing.

450HPviper
03-07-2003, 09:17 AM
Settle Down guys, we all know I know more about vipers then all of you. :huh: They have 8.0l V10 engines, right. Yes, one for me. 87362 to go.:thinkerg:

Scott 02
03-07-2003, 01:00 PM
we all know I know more about vipers then all of you. Sounds like a challenge eh stevo:D

redrun
03-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Supercharger in a GTS ACR. Great idea!

http://opentrackracing.com/test/testviper.jpg

Scott 02
03-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Yes, Alot of people have thought of that.

v10_viper
03-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by redrun

http://opentrackracing.com/test/testviper.jpg

That's quite a nice setup, I prefer SVS's though, they seem to know every aspect of what they're doing.

V10 MOJO
03-09-2003, 07:21 AM
heffners are intercooled, DLM are intercooled. both great tuners. Ive personally decided to go with heffner for my snakes upgrade SC package

450HPviper
03-11-2003, 05:30 AM
I prefer SVS's though, they seem to know every aspect of what they're doing.

Agreed

V10 MOJO
03-11-2003, 08:51 AM
svs over heffner or DLM? i disagree.

Scott 02
03-11-2003, 11:56 AM
SVS all the way!

arthur12187
03-11-2003, 02:06 PM
i want a viper! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Scott 02
03-11-2003, 05:24 PM
me 2 :cry:

450HPviper
03-27-2003, 07:23 AM
Hey Scott, Do you want to go the the annual auto show in Columbus this year. We might see a Viper.:D

Scott 02
03-29-2003, 04:12 AM
sure. I heard about that on Television last night.

450HPviper
03-31-2003, 07:31 AM
I'll try to find the date.:D

Scott 02
03-31-2003, 03:19 PM
so you really going?

450HPviper
04-02-2003, 07:30 AM
Why Not???

lewkskywalker
04-02-2003, 04:09 PM
I am amazed that my thread, which was originally posted as an inquiry into a blown V-10, has turned into a invitation/discussion on car shows... interesting

450HPviper
04-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Hey, we might see a blown V-10 at the auto show.:rolleyes:

lewkskywalker
04-03-2003, 01:54 PM
that'd be tiiiight

Grendel
04-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by lewkskywalker
I am amazed that my thread, which was originally posted as an inquiry into a blown V-10, has turned into a invitation/discussion on car shows... interesting

Thats the way this forum works... you will get a few replies that have some relevance to your original question, then somehow it goes off track and you end up with a totally new topic...

I'm not joking either :)

-Grendel

Scott 02
04-03-2003, 04:19 PM
I know your not joking, totaly happens all the time and then a mod. shuts them down most of time.

450HPviper
04-22-2003, 04:18 AM
Are you going to close this one?:(

Scott 02
04-22-2003, 09:28 PM
Oh i hope not, lets keep this going b/c that was a cool video and I think more people should comment on it. Also the Turbo on the viper is awsome. :)

v10_viper
04-23-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Scott 02
Oh i hope not, lets keep this going b/c that was a cool video and I think more people should comment on it. Also the Turbo on the viper is awsome. :)

uuuhhhhh....:rolleyes: If your talking about the Viper video from the other thread in here, that's supercharged, watch the video and try to notice the belt running across the pulley.

Sgt. Snatch
07-08-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by TexasVipers

POST PICTURES OF ALL THOSE CARS YOU LISTED....TOGETHER! Lying bastard. :loser: :thefinger

blucreek
11-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Has anyone installed a Paxton w/ intercoolor

Viper 10
11-18-2003, 10:58 PM
Has anyone installed a Paxton w/ intercoolor

Go to the www.viperclub.org site and into the performance vendors section. Click the links to Doug Levin Motorsports and to Jason Heffner. They are the most experienced tuners that have done work with both Paxton and with Vortec.

I hope that this helps get some answers to your questions. What exactly do you want to know about these systems?

SVS Turbo
12-29-2003, 05:03 PM
hate to bring this up, but people are too involved in magazine articles. how can you believe everything you read in these biased, self promoting, self written articles? has SVSI even put a car out? i havent heard but of 1 car that has had SVSI anything, and that poor guy was ripped off....

Interesting.......

Your comments on every forum that I have been on that you have made posts about SVS are very malicious in intent.

I understand that you support Jason Heffner and I respect that. But, what exactly do you know that is FACT about SVS.

Remember that there's 2 sides to every story. I seriously doubt that you have EVER taken the time too listen to both sides. I think I know where your 1 sided views of SVS have been generated from.

I'm not really sure why you feel such a need to carry a torch and burn down our house without listening to the other side? The only reason I come up with is that you follow a different tuner.

You act as if we have personnally done harm to you. If you carry such a resentment against SVS, me personnally or whatever, please try to settle it with me so we can move on. I really don't understand why you seem to hate us so much?

Ron Misjak Jr. - SVS

RedSnakeGTS
12-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Interesting.......

Your comments on every forum that I have been on that you have made posts about SVS are very malicious in intent.

I understand that you support Jason Heffner and I respect that. But, what exactly do you know that is FACT about SVS.

Remember that there's 2 sides to every story. I seriously doubt that you have EVER taken the time too listen to both sides. I think I know where your 1 sided views of SVS have been generated from.

I'm not really sure why you feel such a need to carry a torch and burn down our house without listening to the other side? The only reason I come up with is that you follow a different tuner.

You act as if we have personnally done harm to you. If you carry such a resentment against SVS, me personnally or whatever, please try to settle it with me so we can move on. I really don't understand why you seem to hate us so much?

Ron Misjak Jr. - SVS

that is all opinionated! i have never criticized the quality of your work, the records your shop holds, nor the integrity of your business. i wasnt insinuating anything either. i was actually asking honest questions, just a little blunt about the approach. and, voicing my OPINION which i have the right to do. do i have a beef with you guys b/c i chose a different tuner? of course not. i know you are hinting at the fact that i am in fact biased b/c of where i chose to have my car's work done, and that just isnt that case. i have never said you guys dont build a great car! in fact, i considered you guys in the beginning of my hunt for a supercharged car. have you ever done me wrong? nope, you havent had the chance. and referring to the other boards, i think i have only said one smart ass thing in regard to your cars ever, and i think i do owe it to you to be less critical since i have not had any dealings with you. so i vow to you that i will shut my mouth, and i apologize.

VenomInMyVeins
12-30-2003, 06:22 PM
I think everyone agrees that HMS is the Tuner to insult... not SVS. lol.. jk sorry.

Vipe-E
03-28-2004, 06:39 PM
i really need to kno this: which is the best to make a viper gts with a sparco interior, hennessey venomaero body kit without the front splitter cobalt blue w/ white stripes and make it go 0-60 in 3sec and 220mpg top speed?

Viper 10
04-10-2004, 10:46 PM
i really need to kno this: which is the best to make a viper gts with a sparco interior, hennessey venomaero body kit without the front splitter cobalt blue w/ white stripes and make it go 0-60 in 3sec and 220mpg top speed?

You haven't a clue what you are talking about...

Vipe-E
04-15-2004, 03:15 PM
whoops 220mph

GvEman
04-19-2004, 02:50 AM
www.supervipersystems.com

Add your comment to this topic!