Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Big order

JE123
10-07-2001, 02:29 PM
1. Ferrari F-40
2. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R34) 1999
3. Honda S2000
4. Porsche 911 GT3

What are your thoughts on these kits? They are all Tamiya. Is that the best road Skyline to buy? If you could tell me the list of paints that I will need I would appreciate it. Because I plan on ordering them all at once off of hlj.com. If there is a better site please tell me.
And I was thinking about a Subaru WRX.

Jay!
10-07-2001, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by JE123
What are your thoughts on these kits?
Nice selection! :D
Is that the best road Skyline to buy?
Depends on your tastes. The R34 is the only one I don't have yet. I'll get one someday, though.
If you could tell me the list of paints that I will need I would appreciate it.What colors do you want the cars to be? :lol2: j/k
Because I plan on ordering them all at once off of hlj.com. If there is a better site please tell me.They should be able to cover that order pretty well.
And I was thinking about a Subaru WRX. If the money's not a problem, go right ahead. You'll have a "to do" list for a long time... :rolleyes: :) :D

Guiddy
10-07-2001, 04:41 PM
Lovely selection! My only doubt is the F40, I felt Tamiya missed something with the look of that kit, though I haven't seen one built!

You will love the R34, something about that kit, we all love it!

The S2000 is also great, went together well, though the door panels are a pain to paint!
The photo etched badges are gorgeous though!

The GT3 is nice, only the wheels look a bit strange to me! You get photoetched badges again, and the interior is carpeted! Not much colour choice on that one!

You will be able to check the order early on, and it tells you what is in stock. You can then delete anything that isn't in stock to speed the order up!

Some advice? Get yourself a few little extras whilst you are there, such as a big exhaust for the Skyline, maybe a set of Aoshima wheels for the S2000! Little things like that really make a kit!:D

Jay!
10-07-2001, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Guiddy
The S2000 is also great, went together well, though the door panels are a pain to paint!Only if you're ambitious enough to try the two-tone interior. :D

Guiddy
10-07-2001, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
Only if you're ambitious enough to try the two-tone interior. :D

Is there any other way???

I sent your screen off by the way Jay! Should be with you in a week!

Jay!
10-07-2001, 04:48 PM
I sent your screen off by the way Jay! Should be with you in a week! I'm welling up as I type. Thanks, Dan. I owe you one.

http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/cwm/big/biggrin.gif

S Brake
10-07-2001, 05:23 PM
1. Ferrari F-40
2. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R34) 1999
3. Honda S2000
4. Porsche 911 GT3
And I was thinking about a Subaru WRX.
I have, or have ordered all these cars, not all of them are tamiya. i would suggest that you also order the R32 and R33, because you'll be wanting them soon enough to finish off the collection. have fun with the kits. Great selection!

JE123
10-08-2001, 03:15 PM
LGet yourself a few little extras whilst you are there, such as a big exhaust for the Skyline, maybe a set of Aoshima wheels for the S2000! Little things like that really make a kit!:D

Which wheels do you suggest? Where can I find the big exhaust on hlj.

Guiddy
10-08-2001, 03:19 PM

Which wheels do you suggest? Where can I find the big exhaust on hlj.

Here you go for the exhausts...

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljlist.cgi#Metal%20Muffler

I went for the Apex N1! Looks just like the Nismo one available for the R34!

Guiddy
10-08-2001, 03:32 PM
As for the wheels, I like these...
OZ Racing Nova
http://www.hlj.com/images/fuj/fuj19197.gif

If you don't, have a look at this lot!
http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljlist.cgi#Tyre%20and%20Wheel

Add your comment to this topic!