Page updated on 10-20-2017

Painting Question!

Integra14
01-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Ok, this is still buggin me, im not sure what i should do.... How should i paint with a Tamiya spray??? UP and down?
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/785358asdf.JPG

or side to side?

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/20523834234.JPG

freakray
01-26-2003, 11:17 AM
side to side....

Read the FAQ.....and there is a spray painting how-to on www.tamiyausa.com if I remember correctly too.....you may want to find that and read it too....

giordano
01-26-2003, 11:19 AM
SIDE TO SIDE!!! :D

Synergyx
01-26-2003, 11:26 AM
Its side to side.... if you pratice it more often or if you already got the skills, the effect will turn out like this -->
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t83110.html

:jumpie:

ChopinPorkChop
01-26-2003, 11:31 AM
:( will somone gimme a kit lol, im workin on the peice of crap 53 vette thats like dead and its not gonna look even good with a paint job :(

freakray
01-26-2003, 11:41 AM
will somone gimme a kit

what does this look like? a charity?

clatescivicr
01-26-2003, 11:49 AM
Integ, Side to side, I just don't see how you could paint up and down. It just wouldn't feel natural to me. You would be starting and stopping so much.

This isn't even related to his topic so why did you post it! How can you not afford one kit. They are only $12, and get some brushes and a matte color, and then a spray can color and primer.

Originally posted by ChopinPorkChop
:( will somone gimme a kit lol, im workin on the peice of crap 53 vette thats like dead and its not gonna look even good with a paint job :(

supratuner
01-26-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by ChopinPorkChop

looks like shorty has competition for stealing threads now!

primera man
01-26-2003, 04:55 PM
I always spray the front and rear bumpers first...then both sides along the whole length of the car body.
Then the last bit i do is the bonnet/boot and roof last

chaos
01-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by primera man
I always spray the front and rear bumpers first...then both sides along the whole length of the car body.
Then the last bit i do is the bonnet/boot and roof last

Just wondering...when you spray the bonnet/roof - do you spray from above, ie, the spray is vertical to the roof? Cos I find when I heat the spray can, I have to hold the can upright, and so I have to do the roof/bonnet first with the car on its side.

primera man
01-27-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by chaos

Just wondering...when you spray the bonnet/roof - do you spray from above, ie, the spray is vertical to the roof? Cos I find when I heat the spray can, I have to hold the can upright, and so I have to do the roof/bonnet first with the car on its side.
Just hold the can upright all the time and move the model around to suit

racer917
01-27-2003, 11:30 AM
For what it's worth here are my 2 cents,
Personally I start with the front, then the hood, roof, rear and last the sides going up and down. I don't like the long, front to rear, bursts of paint. That's just me. This is one of the areas where you have to practice to develop what works and feels natural for you. There is no "correct" way only "your" way. Sometimes, depending on the body style I may change where I start. I doesn't always need to be the same. You have to learn to adjust for every project.

Add your comment to this topic!