Page updated on 12-12-2017

Tutorials

ChopinPorkChop
01-25-2003, 04:24 PM
i was going through some pictures and the stuff that you guys can make from scratch is crazy! aside from all the basics, could you post some of your tips on making custom things cuz i know it would help me a bunch! thnx in advance

ales
01-25-2003, 04:47 PM
May I ask you how good are you at "basic stuff"?

And there have been a lot of tutorials posted here, just use the search engine.

pcmodeler
01-25-2003, 07:04 PM
I have a few tutorials on my site. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but they are fairly useful.

http://www.pcmodeler.com

RallyRaider
01-25-2003, 07:15 PM
Checked out the FAQ yet? There is plenty of information in there to get you started. Can't miss it - third link down from the top on the Car Modelling page.

ChopinPorkChop
01-25-2003, 07:26 PM
ya thats the basics.. ive aquired most of the stuff i was looking for and a complete guide to my next car - skyline r34 so im happy, thnx for the help

Vyacheslav
01-25-2003, 07:30 PM
Well i use my parts frame for customs thing. I made a tach guage out of a fat round peice of plastic, cut out the shape, cut out the inner interface. I used straight frame peices to make a roll cage, by cuting them out, straighten them out, measure, and glue. Also try balz (sp?) its a soft wood, you can make plenty things out of it if u have imagination :)

Colov99
01-25-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Vyacheslav
Also try balz (sp?) its a soft wood, you can make plenty things out of it if u have imagination :)

blasa
just so u know... really usefull stuff for prety much anything
1/4 or 1/8 inch blasa (small square) will work good for cages and stuff..
if ur good at carving u can get a block, there also are sheets of the stuff.
anyways my $.02

Vyacheslav
01-25-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Colov99

blasa
just so u know... really usefull stuff for prety much anything
1/4 or 1/8 inch blasa (small square) will work good for cages and stuff..
if ur good at carving u can get a block, there also are sheets of the stuff.
anyways my $.02
Balza is how we spell it in russian :finger: :flash:

supratuner
01-25-2003, 11:10 PM
i wish i would have thought of it earlier cuz i would have made a tutorial on my turbo!

ChopinPorkChop
01-25-2003, 11:18 PM
go ahead :) i have space in my 53 vette hehehe
but my moms friend just came over and shes like "when my son moved out he left all his non built models in his closet, do you want them? and im like how many? and she says about 10 :D:D:D:D:D

supratuner
01-25-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by ChopinPorkChop
go ahead :) i have space in my 53 vette hehehe
but my moms friend just came over and shes like "when my son moved out he left all his non built models in his closet, do you want them? and im like how many? and she says about 10 :D:D:D:D:D

cool, i will do a tutorial when i start on the next turbo engine!

ales
01-26-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by supratuner
i wish i would have thought of it earlier cuz i would have made a tutorial on my turbo!

:rolleyes: How can you possibly make a tutorial for the turbo if you have ony 3 cylinders connected to the manifold and have no idea (had no idea before a graphic explanation) where the intercooler is connected? :confused:

Add your comment to this topic!