Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Awesome Idea

speediva
10-06-2001, 12:18 AM
I felt bad for this poor vehicle! I love the Prius. If I had the money, my Grandmother and I both would have one!!! I fell in love with the "electroline" idea after I decided that GM's EV1 didn't have enough of a battery. So far, this is the most attractive hybrid, and it's a 4-door. :) If anyone ever does finally post, I hope I am allowed to ask all sorts of questions. ;)

Jay!
10-06-2001, 01:35 AM
Questions like what? :D

primera man
10-06-2001, 05:46 AM
What is it ???

DVSNCYNIKL
10-06-2001, 10:38 AM
C'mon, we want to know?:D

gang$tarr
10-06-2001, 06:01 PM
It's a good idea... for people that don't care about performance

If you want to go from point A to point B, get a prius. If you like driving and want to enjoy yourself it's not the car for you

the fuel cell idea is interesting though

speediva
10-07-2001, 01:01 AM
Granted, I love my G20, and shifting kicks ass... But even with it's 26mpg city, the Prius still beats it. I think I could live for a number of years w/o as much performance, especially if gas prices continue to rise as they appear to be...

I just have been obsessed with the Prius for a while now, and I even wanted to be in the test-"circuit", but Chicago was as far West as it ran, and you couldn't leave a certain radius from the "mother" Saturn dealer (don't ask me why Saturn was in charge, but it was). I don't really have any questions at the moment, but I'm sure I could think of some. :)

gang$tarr
10-07-2001, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by saturntangerine
from the "mother" Saturn dealer (don't ask me why Saturn was in charge, but it was). I don't really have any questions at the moment, but I'm sure I could think of some. :)

saturn?!?!?! :confused:

Seraph
10-19-2001, 12:18 AM
I really like the Prius interior styling. Its totally different to the ususal toyota design (or lack of it). And the fuel cell engine is a great idea :)

MaximusGTR
11-21-2002, 12:41 AM
Drop a Supra engine in there, that thing would rip

Volken
06-20-2003, 07:56 PM
My goodness,

I want performance, I live once, I want to eat, I want sex and
want to sleep.

What a sad display of understanding a planet we live on.

You can’t put earth on your plate.
Every attempt that leads to clean energy like Prius II is a godsend.

New prius (on picture) has more torque then V6 diesel engine, acceleration of under 11second from 0-100/0-60.

Complete autonomy for life without need for recharge.
More people buy it more will technology advance because of demand.

In matter of mind and science this technology is not even in baby steps and already can provide such acceleration and autonomy.

Petrol lobby is to greedy, to admit this, so small steps are needed for technology to provide true substance.

World you live in - is world with 1% of drinkable water, and 30% increase of skin cancer, and throw some bonus of equal lungs cancer.

So do we drive fast cars, because we are free?
We want to be free?

Freedom is a matter of mind, and free mind thinks in unselfish way it needs no extension of pedal to extend the same freedom.

You think it is fashionable to be in great fast car, ask yourself why do I want this car? All because surface of the outside, anal thinking more likely.

Sure we can all drive V8,V10 why not V60, and my favorite: SUV.

I want SUV, I want to drive kids in nature, what nature will you show them in 50 years from now on.

Educate your selfish needs, and path earth thinking with Prius II or likes or at least put inside your beast CNG for sake of this dying planet, only one you have.

You might surprise yourself, when in two years Prius III becomes small GTI, thanks to number of people who recognize that they have only one planet.

Omni Freak
11-04-2003, 05:00 PM
cant beat the prius they should put the gas electric engine in the imni

:killbarne:

goat_launcher
12-06-2003, 12:51 PM
that car looks like a pregnant hersheys kiss...i cant believe Motor Trend made it car of the year :screwy: ...guess i'll sell my Supra and get one :cwm27:

lillucas
12-28-2003, 01:12 AM
in the future.. (aka in the FUTURE) people might be able to tweak the motor so its faster, but you still get the same amount of fuel efficiency
-please dont argue that it wont get the same fuel efficiency because using more energy make the gas engine run more to make up for it blah blah

point im trying to make is that in the future it could very well be possible

motor trend's 0-60 is 9.8 secs

oh and the TDI... you can get good mileage.. but mileage unfortunately isn't directly proportional to emissions.
-i dont know if the TDI is this bad but...
read this please:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031223/ap_on_sc/soot_global_warming_6

so buses should have prius engines!! rah!

and also this quote:
If you want to go from point A to point B, get a prius. If you like driving and want to enjoy yourself it's not the car for you

could be true, could not
can you test drive it first and then tell us what you think?

Add your comment to this topic!