Page updated on 07-16-2018

How do we attract new members?

Goosse
01-21-2003, 11:34 AM
The forums seem a little slow. IMO,this is because we aren't rookies anymore and have little to ask at this moment. So we need some fresh blood.

Any suggestions on how we do this. It would be a shame to see this place go down.

AccordCE8
01-23-2003, 01:37 PM
yep...my opinion too... my problem is I can't get any info about my accord...not on this forum, not on any other forum. I step by here from time 2 time because of all you other guys.
For all of you there are more forums which are more 'nation related'...and they have specific forums for each type of car... so there is no need for this forum for 'car experience'...I think... (like veetec on his specific prelude forums...)

Maybe an idea to start something like a 'club'??? all our cars on a page with pics, details and so on?????

civic_1.6_16v
01-24-2003, 01:16 PM
Yeaah a club would be a good idea, but how would we realise that?
Maybe open a website of some sort?

I could post a message on the SLH forum, but I think most of those guys dont bother going to a English only forum.
Because all of them are Dutch or Belgian.
Some members from the SLH forum are already here...........like ME :D

Goosse
01-25-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by civic_1.6_16v
Some members from the SLH forum are already here...........like ME :D

Or me:D

A club is a good idea, but I think the practical side of it would be diffecult. A real club like regular meetings and stuff would be very diffecult because we all live to far apart. And a page whith all the members + their cars is possible in the boundaries of the euro forum. We would just have to open a new thread and the mods would have to see that their isn't any phostwhoring.

dutchaccord
01-25-2003, 11:59 AM
and me.......

Good idea....

Stefan

Veetec
01-26-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by dutchaccord
and me.......

Good idea....

Stefan Wow! Nice Accord!! Front looks a bit like from a Nissan Skyline. What rims are those? Good job!! :)

Goosse is right! We could start a club in the boundaries of the Europe-Forum... one thread only for pics and mods, one for...

It would be too difficult otherwise because of the different places we live at. On the other hand Iīm 2 minutes away from the borders to the netherlands and to belgium... ;)

dutchaccord
01-26-2003, 12:10 PM
rims ROH imperiator 16"

i live near Venlo (limburg) so i guess that isn't to far of........

thanks 4 ur comment :p

Stefan

dyeone
01-27-2003, 08:17 AM
I have the same problem as accord ce8 icant find anything about my car and stuff 4 it i like the idea of a club but it would be kinde of hard for me meet the club meambers since im stuck on the land of ice:D

AccordCE8
01-27-2003, 03:53 PM
meeting is a little bit difficult... (dyeone..iceland???...the land with too many females??? :) )

I like your idea goosse... or is it possible to make it a special 'page' (like site)?

Who starts? :D :D

AccordCE8
01-27-2003, 03:59 PM
whoops...you already did

Veetec
01-29-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by dutchaccord
rims ROH imperiator 16"

i live near Venlo (limburg) so i guess that isn't to far of........

thanks 4 ur comment :p

Stefan And how are you going to do the PC-thingy?? Iīve got a "PC" in my car, too......a Sharp Zaurus SL-5500G (Linux). :D

civic_1.6_16v
01-29-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Veetec
And how are you going to do the PC-thingy?? Iīve got a "PC" in my car, too......a Sharp Zaurus SL-5500G (Linux). :D

Really??? :eek:
What do you use it for, a MP3 jukebox or something??
Or do you play games behind the wheel :D
How do you install something like that then??

Veetec
01-30-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by civic_1.6_16v

Really??? :eek:
What do you use it for, a MP3 jukebox or something??
Or do you play games behind the wheel :D
How do you install something like that then?? I donīt have got anything to install it yet. But itīs a pocket PC so I can take it anywhere....into my car for example. ;)
Itīs still very new so there isnīt much stuff for it out yet but maybe if there will be a navigation-system for it in the future I might get it.

I use it to save adresses and dates, to watch small movies, listen to MP3īs, to view pics from the digi-cam, to play some Lucas-Arts games with a special emulator (like "Day of Tentacle", "Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis", "Monkey Island"...), to view PDF-files (e-book reader) and to write small textes for university or our shop.

Itīs a very nice "tool" (or toy?? :D ) and I would recommend it to everyone who wants to get a PDA, or in this case a PMT (Personal Mobile Tool). For itīs price itīs IMO much better than most Palms because itīs more or less a complete Linux-computer and it even has got a built-in keyboard.

Okay,....enough commercials now. ;)

Add your comment to this topic!