Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

steelies???

giordano
01-20-2003, 05:30 PM
what kits come with steelies? i'm looking for somewhat a bigger one than that of the EVO RS around 16' or 17'. any suggestions where to get some? thanx

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-20-2003, 06:10 PM
The only steelies I know of that are that big in diameter come from a Maisto 1:24th 2000 Chevrolet Impala police car model. They also have 5 lugs and a center cap molded in. Their diameter is pretty big, in the 18" to 19" diameter range...they look good. I think Maistos are sold worldwide, so you should be able to find it somewhere. Here you can get the model assembled as a police car, taxi, or unassembled as a NYPD police car.

The Fujimi MR-S 15" steelies are really nice, but too small for what you're looking for.

phatmitsu
01-20-2003, 06:20 PM
One of those slammer snap kits that was out not to long oga had some nice steelies in it.. there where like 23inch there where huge.. they where pretty cool they had a chrome center cap and trim ring with a red rim..i think it was made by amt i forget what kit it came in but there was only a few of the slammer line.. hope that helps ya a little..Later Rick S

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-20-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by phatmitsu
One of those slammer snap kits that was out not to long oga had some nice steelies in it.. there where like 23inch there where huge.. they where pretty cool they had a chrome center cap and trim ring with a red rim..i think it was made by amt i forget what kit it came in but there was only a few of the slammer line.. hope that helps ya a little..Later Rick S

You are correct, those rims were in the AMT Black Force slammer kit, as seen on my modified Chevrolet SSR diecast model I built a couple years ago. They are about 23" in diameter, and they're not terribly wide, good proportions. They're probably not what he's looking for, but they are very cool to detail street rods and customs with.
http://images.fotki.com/v1/photos/1/10258/17860/SSRTopF1-or.jpg

Suislide
01-20-2003, 07:26 PM
on HLJ and HobbySearch, there's a wheelset available from Fujimi that depicts the steelies on the base model Toyota MR-S. i think they're silver and they're either 16" or 17". not sure, take a look see.

giordano
01-21-2003, 10:44 AM
ZoomZoomMX-5, think those steelies from the maisto sounds good, but i haven't seen any lately. nwayz i'll keep look'n, thanx.

phatmitsu, thanx for that, but i'm using it for a japanese car.

S13_Iketani, thanx nwayz, but those are too small. they are 15's, but it looks good though.

Add your comment to this topic!