Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Keyless remote entry problems!

normand
01-19-2003, 03:32 PM
I own a 1997 nissan altima with the keyless remote entry. Recently, my car was towed and when I went to use the remote the next day I noticed that it did not work any longer. I changed the battery and still no use! I can't figure this one out. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

thanks,

norm

MaximusGTR
01-24-2003, 03:17 AM
Did you check the fuses??

Nissan Sales 310
04-08-2003, 04:05 PM
you need to reprogram it. It's not too tough as long as you're using the correct remote. Get in the vehicle. Close and lock all doors utilizing the driver's power-door lock/unlock switch. Insert and remove the ignition key more than six times within a 10-second period (at a rate of one insertion/removal cycle per second). Don't rush the process, and be sure the key is completely withdrawn from the ignition-key cylinder each time it's removed. Turn the ignition to the ACC position and press any button on the remote one time. The hazard lights should flash twice, letting you know your mission is a success. If you were going to program more than one remote, you'd simply unlock and lock the doors once again with the driver's switch and press the one button, one time, on the second remote. The procedure is completed by turning the ignition off, unlocking with the driver's switch, and opening the driver's door.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pjolguinaz
06-09-2003, 03:05 AM
I just picked up a keyless entry remote from ebay and I would like to know if anyone knows how to program it. The instructions for the 1999 maxima did not work. thanks

daniel 91 se
09-12-2003, 05:40 PM
you will need to reset your alarm for the programming to work. Get in the car, lock the doors with the key and wait for the alarm to set. Then open a back door by unlocking it from the inside. This will sound the alarm. Turn it off by turning the key to unlock the door. Open drivers door. Now, you can use the regular programming instructions to reset your factory alarm and it will work !!!!

jken20
12-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Newbie here wondering if I am doing something wrong... Got remote from ebay, cant ge the reprogramming instructinos to work. Any pointers.. Do I just need to slide the key all the way in then completely out or what? or is there something else I need to do first

BP2K2Max
12-18-2003, 08:45 AM
i just went outside and did the procedure to my 02 maxima(i found a new nissan clicker laying on the ground in a parking lot) and it worked no prob. nissan sales is the man.

drummerlax628
12-26-2003, 07:21 PM
I picked up a remote for my 97 altima off of ebay, i am trying to program it and the above method didnt work. I closed the door, locked them with the control, then placed the key in the ignition as stated above and then pressed the button on the remote and nothing. The intructions that came with the remote said after the key is put into the ignition the correct amount of times the hazards lights will flash and that has not happened yet. If anyone has some pointers i would appreciate it

thanks in advance

Chemist
02-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know of a source for remotes for factory security system, other than Ebay???

I need remote for 1994 Altimat GLE

Thanks - Dennis

2000Nissan
11-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Hey, i recently bought a 2000 Nissan maxima. When i got it, it did not have a remote to the keyless entry. I got one of a 2001 maxima and i am trying to program it. So far i have done everything on the page that people have suggested. Nothing worked. If anyone has any idea on how to do it, please let me know.

fkdash
12-15-2004, 08:31 AM
i got a 95 keyless from ebay and tried to program it for my 1995 maxima, but don't know how, anyone can help me? also i am missing a diagram for the fuses, if anyone has a picture please email me at fkdash@aol.com

Add your comment to this topic!