Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help for your gauges!! @LOOK@

Murco
01-17-2003, 11:23 PM
For those of you who wish to add an Auto Meter monster tach and/or Pro-Comp gauges, I bring you these....
Click and save them, use a photo-program to separate and size them, and print them for your next project!!
Black face -
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/554714guagesblack.jpg
White face -
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/476451gaugeswhite.jpg
These are scans of actual gauge faces and have been shrunk down as to minimize the file.
If you need them larger or with higher resolution, PM me.
I'll show how to back-light them and make convincing pointers in the "Ultimate Camaro" thread!

tonioseven
01-17-2003, 11:26 PM
These will definitely come in handy! Thanks!

Vyacheslav
01-17-2003, 11:29 PM
how about the gauges body itself??? :D

Murco
01-17-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Vyacheslav
how about the gauges body itself??? :D
BE CREATIVE!! Your a builder, use your imagination... Go to the hobby shop, zoom-in on the K&S aluminum tubing rack, find the right sizes, buy them, cut them, shape the bezels, fill in the backs........
OR, mount them IN the dash!

Vyacheslav
01-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Murco

BE CREATIVE!! Your a builder, use your imagination... Go to the hobby shop, zoom-in on the K&S aluminum tubing rack, find the right sizes, buy them, cut them, shape the bezels, fill in the backs........
OR, mount them IN the dash!
Not a modeler, a biginer lets say. :rolleyes:

hermanchauw
01-18-2003, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the pics. Any suggestions on how to print good quality gauges? I tried reprinting my Testarossa gauges but they turned out blur.:(

Murco
01-18-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by hermanchauw
Thanks for the pics. Any suggestions on how to print good quality gauges? I tried reprinting my Testarossa gauges but they turned out blur.:(
Most printers have a "photo" option in the settings, use that. You'll need to experiment with size by putting a few on a page with the size percent underneath, use the one that fits best. If your printer cannot reproduce the gauges, put the image page on disc, go to a printing company (like Kinkos) and have them print them for you. You may have the option of having them printed on clear Mylar, take it if offered!!
I have access to an Alps printer, it does the trick!

Murco
01-18-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Vyacheslav

Not a modeler, a biginer lets say. :rolleyes:
For a beginner, learn to master the basics for now. If you learn all the advanced stuff at this point you models will be lumps of crap with cool little details.
When I started working with my father I said, "Teach me the tricks of the trade!" His reply was, "Learn the trade first"!

primera man
01-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by tonioseven
These will definitely come in handy! Thanks!
Ditto....thanks

magicmanjk808
01-18-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Murco

For a beginner, learn to master the basics for now. If you learn all the advanced stuff at this point you models will be lumps of crap with cool little details.
When I started working with my father I said, "Teach me the tricks of the trade!" His reply was, "Learn the trade first"!

good point, also very true :D

Purpura Delujo
02-19-2003, 12:51 AM
Good on ya Murco!

I see where you are going with the Camaro now ;)

Props to ya!

tc3house
02-19-2003, 05:59 AM
thank you very much i've been looking for these for a long time :)

Add your comment to this topic!