Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Keyless Entry Info...Search here first before posting about keyless entry problems.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

spinn360
10-24-2007, 02:22 AM
Nevermind I found the instructions

ridlin07
10-26-2007, 03:59 PM
i have a 99 chevy lumina and ever since my car battery died
my keyless entry wont work i think i need to reprogram the remotes
my question is what is the proper way to do this and if it envolves removing the bcm prgm fuse where is it cant find it listed in my fuse box
thanks in advance

slpformula
11-06-2007, 02:57 PM
I have a 1996 buick park avenue ultra. I need to program a new key fob for it. Any help will be appreciated thanks:)

ugotmail56
11-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Transmitter programming per the GM manual:

Important:

Before entering the programming mode, verify the possession of all the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, the memory erases the other transmitters. You may program up to 4 transmitters

1) Turn OFF the ignition switch

2) Usa a fused jumper (3 amp is sufficient) and connect terminal 8 (back/white wire) to terminal 4 (black wire)

3) Close all the doors

4) Turn ON the ignition switch
the doors will lock

5) Press and hold the following buttons on one of the transmitters for 30 seconds:
lock and unlock

6) After a 30 second delay, the doors will lock and unlock

Important:
DO NOT turn OFF the ignition . If the switch is turned OFF the first transmitter becomes inoperative.

7) In order to program extra transmitters repeat Step 5

8)Disconnect the fused jumper wire from the data link connector

9) Turn off ignition

10) Verify functions of all programmed transmitters.

I did everything but the car will not physically open the locks. it will make the noise like its going to open/lock them but does not physical lock/open the lock. please could you help me.

jacks33177
11-29-2007, 01:55 PM
If I can't even get into programming mode, does that mean there is something wrong inside of the van?

Tried these steps a few different times and no chime

Remove the "BCM PRGRM" fuse from the fuse panel
close passenger door
Insert key into the ignition, and turn the ignition lock
cylinder to ACC.
Turn ignition lock cylinder to OFF, and then back to ACC
within 1 second.
open and close driver door

The only door open when removing the fuse is passenger. Only thing I can think of is that the first acc, then off and back to acc is usually a few seconds (didn't realize that they were the same step).

I haven't gotten any chime (aside from opening the door with the key in the ignition

Primemas
12-11-2007, 11:33 PM
I have A 1999 Pontiac Bonneville SE and I need help re-programming my remote keyless entry device any help is greatly appreciated.

V/R
Staples
primemas@hotmail.com

dominiance
12-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi,
Just wanted to ask, I am trying to program a keyless remote on my oldsmobile intrigue 2000 and when I follow the programming instructions the car doesnt give me any beeps. I tried inserting the key and removing it twice while holding the driver seat lock button and if you can assist me with this. I will be thankfull to you. Bought a used remote from ebay and is there any other way of programming my intrigue remote.

IntrigueBeater
12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know how to reset the keyless entry for a 98 Intrigue?
Thanks

Onblsht
12-19-2007, 12:13 AM
98-00 Intrigue:

With doors closed:
1) Insert Key in ignition and turn to the run position.(do not start the car)

2) Turn key off and take it out of the ignition.

3) with the Driver side door lock switch, hold it in the Unlock position.

4) While holding the Drivers side door lock in the Unlock position, insert Key in ignition, without tunning it on, 3 times. On the third time, leave the key in the ignition.

5) Release the Drivers side door lock switch. You should here three door dings. If you do, this will indicate it is in the Keyless remote programing mode.

6) With your Remote, hold both the Lock and Unlock buttons at the same time untill you hear "two" door dings. This will indicate the remote is programed. (this can take upto 15 seconds) You can program up to 4 remotes while in this mode.

7) To stop keyless remote programing, Take key out of the ignition.

IntrigueBeater
12-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks On..yea I googled it last night & saw one of your older post. I tried it & got to the point of 3 dings so it was in programming mode. Twice I got the 2 dings but maybe it was 3 I dont remember but I think it was because my interior light was on (it was at night) because after I was done, the remote did not work. I tried it with the battery in the remote both ways & got the dings either way but like I said I think it was a reminder that my interior lights we're on. There does seem to be an aftermarket alarm installed on this car as well & I'm not sure if that will affect this process, if the factory alarm is somehow disabled, or just my remote is broken.

There are 2 orange wires going into the fuse box on the passenger side which I'm assuming is for the aftermarket alarm which I don't think is functioning either. I'll be looking into everything more later but if anyone has any ideas it will be appreciated. Thanks

MASSALVAJE
12-19-2007, 11:51 AM
I bought a 2007 Tahoe used and it didn't come with a keyless remote. I now have one but want to try and find the the programming procedures so I don't have to take it to the dealer. The only way I can find is with a scan tool. Please let me know if there is another way or if I have to take it to the dealer. Thank you!

whiteblazer95
12-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Thank you Tireburner for the remote programming info. FYI - 95 S10 Blazer: The black/white wire is terminal 5 on the DLC. Grounding terminal 5 does not cause the receiver to cycle, but it does allow you to program the remotes - just press each button and it worked for me.

Thanx :)

tjrjbm78
01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
96 Pontiac Grand Am

I had a keyless entry remote for my car. However I have lost it and need to replace it. I did by one to replace it but it was not the right one. I found out that I had a aftermarket keyless entry remote and not a factory. Now I am trying to remember what the lost one looked like. I know that it did not have a button for the trunk. It was black, square, and I do not remember seeing any markings on it. I know that this is not much information but if someone can help me I would be grateful.

telus
01-05-2008, 12:19 AM
how do you reset the keyless entery for 98 intrepid thanks so much in advance for the info

95astrovan
01-05-2008, 04:04 PM
i am having a problem finding info on how to do this for my 95 astro van could somone please help cause i cant release hatch without it sounds funny but button inside has been broke since i got it , the remote was working fine but i changed the battery and no it wont. thank you in advance

Fl0wbee
01-15-2008, 06:58 PM
i need help please i have a 99 2dr blazer i got two fobs from the dealer neither one works can someone help me reprogram them , what is the right procedure for a 99 blazer , i tried the gm 99 that tireburner had up didnt work for me please help:banghead:

bogupton
01-24-2008, 07:38 PM
I have a 2006 tahoe It didn't come with any remotes i have several and tried the holding unlock cycling the key holding both buttons and get nothing could you tell me if i have to have a certain remote or will any gm that looks simular will work

thanks Bo

bogupton
01-24-2008, 07:47 PM
FYI I have several remotes from all differant makes and models if any ones interested.. e-mail me @ bogupton@yahoo.com
BUT remember i need help with my tahoe

katrinaready1
02-11-2008, 12:24 AM
I have a 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe that I also can't get my keyless remote programmed to work. I have checked the "book" that came with the truck and I can't find how to program, only to resynchronize. Can anyone help me?

jasonbelosi
02-25-2008, 06:50 PM
i have a 1993 grand prix le and i recently purchased a new remote for it but i can't seem to get the car to go into program mode by grounding the wire in the trunk . what am i doing wrong? please help!

goonie227
03-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Lost my keys with the remote. it's for a 2001 Chevy caviler. need to know what remote to buy and how to program

pjrmike
03-01-2008, 05:53 PM
I bought a spare keyless entry remote for my 98 Blazer. Wondering if anyone knows how to program it? I have search the web and cant find an answer. I also dont want to pay a GM mechanic for 30 seconds worth of work. Any help appreciated.=pjrmike,

pjrmike
03-01-2008, 05:53 PM
I bought a spare keyless entry remote for my 98 Blazer. Wondering if anyone knows how to program it? I have search the web and cant find an answer. I also dont want to pay a GM mechanic for 30 seconds worth of work. Any help appreciated.=pjrmike

BlazinBadger
04-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I just bought a 2000 Blazer 4 dr LS. The person stated that it has RKE but it never worked. I haven't take any panels off yet, but the links here are of pictures of a connector that is located under the driverside dash right next to the parking brake. I have had the VIN checked and the RKE was not factory installed with the truck, so it must be aftermarket. I have tried the GM procedure for reprogramming, but the FOB looks like a Ford one. Like I said, the pics are where I think a receiver could connect so I might need a new one. The last link is for a picture of the key FOB I received. FCC ID: CWTWB1U311 (listed on back, with this number above: F80B-15K601-BA) Thanks in advance for any help!

Under dash:
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/edgren48/Misc/DSC00379.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/edgren48/Misc/DSC00373.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/edgren48/Misc/DSC00374.jpg

Key FOB:
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/edgren48/Misc/Picture.jpg

P.S. Sorry about the blurry pictures, I can get better or provide a description if needed.

cain0146
04-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Does anyone know how to program a keyless remote for a 1990 Buick Electra Park Ave? I dont know where to start or what to look for! I also need to know where is the Keyless Entry Module on this car in case i need to replace it, Thank You for any information anyone can provide me with.:banghead::runaround:

oldfarmer
05-18-2008, 12:19 PM
1993 G20 chevy conversion van. Remote battery died and replaced but need to reprogram now(remote light comes on but doors won't unlock and I can't get flashers and alarm to stop). The remote is a ATV-L2MAL-41T(lock, unlock,option and panic buttons). I have a service manual that shows the control module on passenger side, bracket under dash but it's not there. Think I found it on driver side tucked up by emergency brake. About 3"x3" 1/2" thick milky plastic, It is an original delco part(by date on it) with CBO in large letters with the # 16124825 below it and the word "label" followed by the # 16126553 above. It has a sku # *36CBO S090068*
It has 2 plugs the first has 4 pins with only a yellow wire on the first pin the second plug first wire- grn w/blk stripe, 2nd blk, 3rd red w/white stripe, 4th white, 5th dark blue, 6th purple, 7th brn, 8th lgt blue w/blk stripe. Is this the right module? Service manual says to ground pin P1-G with the rest of the instructions. If the module I listed above is the right one would the P1-G be the first pin of the second plug stated above? What's the best way to ground it? The rest of the instructions in the manual I should be able to follow.
thanks,
Ed

blue smoke
05-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi. I tried programming a remote for a 1998 Buick Park Avenue and it's not working. The remote didn't work when we got the car though. It's not an Ultra but I don't know if that makes a difference. I followed the steps that were on this thread. I checked the voltage in the remote and it's good. Please help me!

One question, the pin numbers on the data plug are backwards right?

abdelghan73
06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
i need to now how i program remote for my 1999 mazda mellenia

Blue Bowtie
06-07-2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.programyourremote.com/

BlazinBadger
06-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the link Bowtie!! We should get that at the top somehow (if it's not there already) and it would save a lot of people's questions. Thanks again!

yobry1
07-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Newbie here, how do I start a new thread? I have searched the entire website for how to start a new thread or ask a question. Other forums I belong to have a Post Question button or Start New Thread button.
2. I have a 94 Lumina Sedan trying to program Keyless remote and cannot find anything here nor Google search about 94 Lumina Sedan, as if the 94 sedan never had keyless entry. I have found info on Lumina APV. I need to locate the receiver to program my remote.
Thanx in Advance

babygirl0803
07-30-2008, 03:57 PM
I have a 2002 chevy tahoe and my keyless entry just quit i tried the turn off and on then unlock it all worked but after that i tried to use the remote and it didnt work what do i need to do?

zorrocom
07-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Need help programming a remote bought on ebay for Dodge Neon 2004.I never had an original remote as car was bought w/out one .I also have Equus code reader/scanner if needed. Thanks

williams1949
08-07-2008, 04:39 PM
anyone have any info on a 2000 Dodge Caravan Sport...need keyless entry info if possible. Thanks

TyGrrrr
08-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Heya folks,

I've searched this thread for the appropriate response but nada so I thought I'd ask. I apologize if I missed it tho...

Is it possible to reprogram the keyfob from a 2001 Chev Cavalier to work on a 2002 Chev Cavlier myself? Is there any code I can use or izzit a matter of bringing it to the dealer and paying an arm-and-a-leg for a couple minutes' work?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-TyGrrrr/Dana

urtdog31
08-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Hello...Ok I just brought a 99 tahoe and it came with no keyless entry remote, so I figured I'll go on ebay and buy another before some crackhead steals my truck, I searched this forum and found the programming instructions, (which is great) I would like to know is what is the 4 and 8 pin that is being spoke about, where is it and what does it look like, I'm going to do the programming I don't want to be touching something that I should not be touching at all.

Sheldog1
09-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Anyone here know how to program a remote for a 1996 cavalier? Any help would be appriciated.

Sheldog1
09-22-2008, 12:03 AM
does anyone have the programing for a 1996 cavalier? Been every where on the web and can't find them.

rnj
09-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Can't find info on finding out if my 97 olds 88 came with keylss as an option. anyone know how I can tell?

urtdog31
09-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Ok I have the replacement remote for my 99 tahoe, and I tried the instructions that was giving for reprogramming it, it didn't work, can someone help me, trying not to take my truck to the dealer to do something that I can do myself, I also want to know do I need any tools to do the reprogramming??

edmond
12-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Does somebody know how to program the remote for the 97 Pontiac grand am se??

GilP
01-13-2009, 11:15 AM
I can not find reference to my problem but, being new to this, Imay be in the wrong place.

I have a 2005 Silverado crew cab. Using the door key twice opened all 4 doors until a few days ago. Now it only opens the driver's door. What to do?

Thanks for any help.

ctp02suburban
02-17-2009, 09:51 AM
My remote receiver on my 2002 Suburban went dead. The dealer wanted about $350 to repair and would not help me in locating the receiver. I spent countless hours searching the web with not much luck. I finally found a privately-owned GM repair shop that shared a diagram and I was able to located and repair the receiver quite easily. I bought the part online for about $70 (including shipping). Dealer wanted ($125).
Repair Process - Tilt your steering wheel down, put the car in low gear to get the shifter out of your way(you may want to apply the parking break). Pry off the large trim piece that surrounds the gauges, speedometer, radio, etc. This is held on by tension clips, use a flat screwdriver, etc to get it started and just carefully give a firm pull . Once this is removed, 4 screws hold the contained speedomoter/gauges in place, remove the screws and slide the gauges off to the left side (the cord is long enough to allow this). You will see the keyless remote receiver mounted (clipped) to some metal just below the dashboard, slightly to the right of the steering wheel and slightly above the gauges that you just removed. It just pops off, plug the new one in and replace the pieces and follow the reprogramming instructions that are located elsewhere on this AA forum. The total process took me less than 30 minutes.:ylsuper: The keyless receiver part number for mine is a very common #15042969 but I would confrim that before doing the repair. Order from www.gmpartsdirect.com (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com).

frank335
02-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Can anyone out there help me with the programming procedure for a keyless remote (KOBLEAR1XT) for my 2003 Astrovan?

I have one working unit, just looking for a backup. (my wife tends to loose these things)

TIA

latunguley
04-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Yes i know that you can program these key fobs yourself. It may take a few trys at it but sooner or later you can get them right. My question of this matter would be is it possible to remove a keyless entry/alarm from another s-10 blazer and re-install it to a non-keyless entry/alarm s-10 blazer? I own a 2000 S-10 Blazer with factory installed power door locks without factory alarm/keyless entry. I have noticed countless times among various salvage yards that s blazers that had the parts I.D. (AU3) instead of (AU0) in the glove box were missing the BCM. And the Blazers with (AU0) still had their BCM untouched. My theory is yes this may be able to be completed.

cop105
05-18-2009, 02:55 PM
I need instructions on programming a 16245100-29 remote on my 1999 Yukon SLT. From the research I have done, mine would be the newer body model or deluxe. I have one working remote and one I purchased but need to program the new remote. I searched the threads already posted with no luck on an exact match. Thanks in advance for any help.

beege
08-02-2009, 09:47 AM
have a viper car alarm on suburban. sound wires were cut, reconnected, but ignition disabled now. when battery terminals secured, alarm sounds as it is supposed to. can disable sound. even though sound disabled have been told that alarm has to be reset. how do i do this??

fudu
09-25-2009, 07:33 PM
hi do u guys know how to program a Pontiac sunfire 2002 keyless remote

mcdlnwright
09-26-2009, 04:12 PM
need help programming a chrysler aspen key i only have 1 good one and this blank

TimLorentzen
10-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I hope I am doing this correctly! This thread has a lot of info on what I am looking for BUT not specifically my car! 98 Grand Am 4 door GT and the key fob does not do anything even with a new battery in it SO I think I need to know how to reprogram it. Thanks!

conman2290
10-11-2009, 12:03 AM
I have a 1997 tahoe and i recently programed a new keyfob for it because my old ones died years ago. regardless of if i program it with my key in the off or on position i cant get the horn to chirp when i use the remote, anyone have any ideas or solutions?

wafrederick
10-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Kent Moore does maker a tester to check if the keyless remotes are any good for the GM ones only.A green light comes on if it is good when turned on while pushing on the unlock/lock buttons on the key fob.

Onblsht
10-11-2009, 11:58 PM
I have a 1997 tahoe and i recently programed a new keyfob for it because my old ones died years ago. regardless of if i program it with my key in the off or on position i cant get the horn to chirp when i use the remote, anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Make sure you keep your foot off the brake pedal during the entire procedure.

compwiz
10-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Can anyone help me? I have a 99 Gramd Am Se that I need to program a remote fob to, my old fob fell to hard and broke so I have a replacement fob GM/UTA 25678792.
It is for the keyless entry. Any help would be appriciated. I did not see a procedure for my year make and model.

flhpi96
12-17-2009, 05:15 AM
I have a 2000 Buick Park Avenue I need to know if there is a way to program my keyless entry remote with out having to take it to the dealer to have it done?

blacktom
12-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Hello
Using a multi-function door control -
(Please note that this process requires two people if the keyless entry keypad is already mounted outside the garage.) Enter a four digit personal identification number (PIN) of your choice on the keypad. Then press and hold ENTER. While holding the ENTER button, press and hold the LIGHT button on the keypad. Next, continue holding ENTER and LIGHT buttons while you press the push bar on the keypad (all three buttons are held). You may release the buttons when the overhead opener unit's lights blink. If light bulbs are not installed on your opener, then two clicks will be heard.

Using the LEARN button -
Press and release the LEARN button on the overhead opener unit. The learn indicator light will glow steadily for 30 seconds. Within this 30 second time period, enter a four digit personal identification number (PIN) of your choice on the keypad. Then press and hold the ENTER button. Next, release the button when the overhead opener unit's lights blink. If light bulbs are not installed on your opener, then two clicks will be heard.

smbonneville
02-10-2010, 10:36 PM
does antone know if you can install a keyless entry system from a olds intrigue in to a pontiac bonneville?

Onblsht
02-11-2010, 07:59 AM
does antone know if you can install a keyless entry system from a olds intrigue in to a pontiac bonneville?

If you just mean to program a remote from an Intrigue to a Bonneville, none of the model years use the same remote type, so that would not be possible.

Firefyter-Emt
02-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Hello, I just joined here to see if someone could help me out. We just bought a 97 K-1500 Suburban and did not receive keyless remotes with it. The truck is an LT trim with leather and everything, so I am hoping that it may of had keyless entry. I just want to check the proper way to tell that it does have keyless. Also, if someone could let me know exactly what codes to look for on the back of the remotes to find the proper ones, I would be grateful. :smile:

mybad_z71
02-23-2010, 10:27 PM
hello, i need some help with the keyless on my 1997 z71, i read this post and tried both methods, the 1st i tried was holding the unlock button, ignition on off on off, i got no response from locks, so then i tried jumping the black wire withe the black and white wire, the locks locked then unlocked, i held both buttons on the transmitter for 2 mins waiting for the locks to cycle, which they did not. is it possible the module is bad? how can i test it? i located it by the parking brake pedal, its gray and has a circuit card in it. please help

Add your comment to this topic!