Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Keyless Entry Info...Search here first before posting about keyless entry problems.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

FastCaprice305
11-08-2004, 01:00 PM
does anyone know how to reprogram a keyless entry for a 1991 Caprice Classic, the keyless entry was a factory add-on.

Fredv41
11-13-2004, 02:09 PM
I have a 1994 Chrysler T&C AWD I Need To Program
the remote. I would like to know How??

Slashley
11-23-2004, 01:24 PM
So does reprogramming a remote for a 2003 Malibu require a scan tool?

talonx
12-04-2004, 02:29 PM
I want to add keyless to my Blazer.
Can I use another chevy keyless receiver module if the connector is the same?
The 98 to 2000 Blazers all us the same module.
Will other chevy ones from these years work???

digi-tek
12-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Reprogramming a Ford keyfob for an Olds Silhouette ?

I have a '97 Ford Ranger keyfob (TRW-3165189, FCC ID gq43vt4t, DOC 1470 k763, transmitter 2) that I'd like to reprogram to use on my '99 Olds Silhouette. Can this be done--crossing brands--or do I need to buy a blank off of ebay? The Olds keyfob says: (GM 10245953, Canada 218 101 487, FCC ab00204t). Thank you, in advance....

2octops
12-24-2004, 01:06 AM
Reprogramming a Ford keyfob for an Olds Silhouette ?

I have a '97 Ford Ranger keyfob (TRW-3165189, FCC ID gq43vt4t, DOC 1470 k763, transmitter 2) that I'd like to reprogram to use on my '99 Olds Silhouette. Can this be done--crossing brands--or do I need to buy a blank off of ebay? The Olds keyfob says: (GM 10245953, Canada 218 101 487, FCC ab00204t). Thank you, in advance....

We have successfully cross programmed a couple of remotes, but a Ford to a GM is not going to work. The FCC ID would HAVE to be the same, and then depending on the internal software some of the buttons still might not work.

2octops
12-24-2004, 01:11 AM
So does reprogramming a remote for a 2003 Malibu require a scan tool?

Yes, the 03 Malibu is scan tool only

2octops
12-24-2004, 01:27 AM
How about a 2003 Buick Century. My folks just got one and it did not come with the keyless remote fobs. I can get them off e-bay easy enough but how are they re-programmed. Thanks in advance.
2003 Century is scan tool only

2octops
12-24-2004, 01:31 AM
keyless remote reprograming for a 2000 zr2 s10 truck
With the driver door closed, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel.
Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner in order to indicate that the receiver is in the programming mode:
Locking the doors
Unlocking the doors

Important
All extra transmitters must be programmed at this time. When a new transmitter is programmed, the old transmitters will be deactivated.

Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter until the remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner:
Locking the doors.
Unlocking the doors.
Repeat step 7 for each additional transmitter.
Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.
In order to reprogram the remote control door lock transmitter with a scan tool, refer to Scan Tool instructions.

bobd54321
12-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Does any one know how to program the remotes for a 99 olds alero 4 door?

hv2hnt4
01-09-2005, 02:27 PM
how do program the remote for the keyless entry on a 2000 monte carlo

mtreitel
01-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Does anyone have the instructions how to program a 2004 venture with one sliding door and no alarm system? ANy help is greatly appreciated!

jaybesq
01-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Hiya. I purchased a remote for my 2001 Town & Country to replace one that I'd lost. However, I've misplaced the manual, and tried the advice listed in a different forum for programming a keyless remote for a 2000 T&C, but no bongs indicating programming, nor any success in the programming itself. Could someone tell me how to program the new remote? And without losing the data on the old, working remote? Thank you for your help.
JB

droos
01-22-2005, 08:04 AM
This did not work for my '99 Tahoe. When I released the power unlock button the receiver did not respond by locking & unlocking the doors. It can't be the keyfob because I haven't gotten there yet.

When I released the unlock button it sounded like it usually does when it releases the locks. I exepceted it to lock & unlock the doors.

Any ideas?

With the driver door closed, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel.
Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner in order to indicate that the receiver is in the programming mode:
Locking the doors
Unlocking the doors

Important
All extra transmitters must be programmed at this time. When a new transmitter is programmed, the old transmitters will be deactivated.

Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter until the remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner:
Locking the doors.
Unlocking the doors.
Repeat step 7 for each additional transmitter.
Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.
In order to reprogram the remote control door lock transmitter with a scan tool, refer to Scan Tool instructions.

craigweber77
01-28-2005, 08:57 AM
Ok I feel like I have posted this thing all over the place but at last I think I finally found the right spot. Here is my question:

My 2000 Grand Prix GTP's keyless entry seems to not be working properly. I replaced the battery on the remote and it still did not work. I changed the #29 fuse and then the keyless entry started working again for about 2 days and then it stopped working again. I inspected the fuse and it did not appear to be blown but I replace it again and then it started working again for about a day and now it has stopped working. Anyone have any thoughts as to what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Craig

IFIXCARZ4U
02-05-2005, 01:16 PM
2003 Impala Keyless Code Needed
Does anyone know how to program a 2003 Impala remote?
Thanks in advance for your help!

By the way, I don't have any of those scan tools and I really don't want to pay to go to a dealership.

Sorry the only way to pragram this vehicle is with a scanner (Tech2) from the dealer or some independant that purchased a $2000 scanner from GM

IFIXCARZ4U
02-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Does anyone have the instructions how to program a 2004 venture with one sliding door and no alarm system? ANy help is greatly appreciated!

this is directly from GM
Transmitter Programming

Important: All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock transmitter (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Remove the BCM PRGRM fuse from the fuse block. Refer to Electrical Center Identification Views in Wiring Systems.
Close all of the doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Within 1 second, perform the following actions:
Turn the key to ACC, then to OFF, then to ACC.
If you only do the 1st step, then the BCM will give feedback indicating the actions so far are incorrect. To program the transmitter, you must do step 5 instead. If step 5 is done correctly, then the BCM may flash trouble codes. In this case, you would refer to Diagnostic System Check - Body Control System in Body Control System.
Open and then close any vehicle door.
The BCM will chime in order to confirm that the programming mode has been entered.
Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for approximately 14 seconds.

Important: After approximately 3-5 seconds the BCM will chime once to confirm that the programming has been completed for that transmitter.

Repeat the previous step in order to program each additional transmitter.
Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Install the BCM PRGRM fuse into the fuse block.
Operate the functions of each transmitter in order to verify correct system operation.

IFIXCARZ4U
02-05-2005, 01:21 PM
how do program the remote for the keyless entry on a 2000 monte carlo

This can only be programmed with a scanner (Tech2) at the dealer or an independent that purchased a Tech2

squishyx
02-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi. Please help me program my

1997 Chevy Astro Lt

thanks!

robandrhonda
02-07-2005, 06:03 AM
Hi I have read thru this string and have not seen the programming for a 96 Regal Remote. Is there anyone out there that has this info? I have just bought a new remote and I need to program it to my car, to match the current one.

UndeadBeav
02-18-2005, 11:28 AM
I've tried to get my Blazer into programming mode using the following method:

1- Close all the vehicle doors.
2- Insert the key into the ignition cylinder (do not turn on).
3- Press and hold the door unlock switch on door panel.
4- While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
5- Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.

This method has been independently confirmed by several parties to be correct for my vehicle. However, I have yet to successfully enter programming mode using this method (or any other method I've tried).

Has anybody else out there had problems entering programming mode on their vehicle (doesn't have to be the same as mine)? I'm curious to know what kinds of problems people had and what solutions they devised. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

j.mccann
02-23-2005, 11:18 AM
I've tried to get my 2003 Suburban to program my remotes by:

1- Close all the vehicle doors.
2- Insert the key into the ignition cylinder (do not turn on).
3- Press and hold the door unlock switch on door panel.
4- While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
5- Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.

Remote #1 programs fine, Remote #2 will never be accepted. I even bought a new remopte #2 and it will not program either. GM dealer tested the #2 remaotes and said they are fine. Any way to Reset the Remote receiver and then try again, or any other suggestions?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

jannie324
02-24-2005, 03:27 AM
I have been looking for reprogramming instructions for my Aftermarket Code Alarm System Remote. The FCC# is GOH-3BL98. It is a 3 button unit. Please help! This system is in my 2000 Cougar. It is not a factory installed system. Thank you!!!

kayakken
03-07-2005, 04:36 PM
I recently picked up a 98 malibu that only had one remote. i got another remote with programming instructions. I can't seem to get the instructions to work. instructions say to jumper the programming connector terminals which sit right off of the receiver harness. There is no programming connector in the harness on my car. I have tried several options on the receiver but no luck. I can't even get the original remote to program. gm 16245100-28. fcc ab01502t.

Anybody have any ideas as to what I need to do.

Ken

jorj
03-09-2005, 07:00 PM
I see several people that seem to have all the answers. I am looking for the procedure to program my remote to my 1993 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue. Is there a good resource to find this information myself? If not does some kind soul already have this procedure that they could share?

csx2andm
03-10-2005, 12:59 PM
I am trying to program two new remotes into my 1999 GMC Sonoma. Any information would help. Thanks.

boldest7
03-16-2005, 05:38 PM
1998 Volkswagen Passat Keyless Code Needed.

san fran crisco
03-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi - I have a strange situation here that I am unable to resolve. I have done my homework and searched all three 'keyless' threads, but I have not seen anyone with the same problem. If anyone can assist me in solving my problem, I can only say I would appreciate it tremendously!

I used the #4-#8 jumper method of programming my remotes. The locks cycled as described. Both remotes responded after about 10 seconds by cycling the locks and a horn chirp. Unfortunately, after removing the jumper, they do not work. I re-programmed with no problems and then tried them again. Still don't work at any distance from the vehicle. Both have good batteries. The fact that the programming procedure works would indicate that the keyless entry system is functioning properly, or so it would seem.

I am baffled. Does anyone have any ideas of what could cause this or what my options are for fixing this? 1998 Suburban.

Thanks so much!

rmbvvb
03-28-2005, 07:04 PM
i need program for keyless for 1997 Buick Lesabre. thanks.

nascar3_8nut
04-05-2005, 06:08 AM
need help programming keyless entry for 94 Mercury Tracer has the standard 4 buttons please help

Camaroz28_001
04-07-2005, 09:01 PM
I need to know how to program my remote to a 2000 Trans Am

poonjahb
06-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Can anyone please tell me how to program a remote in a 2004 Chevy Classic (basically the old body style Malibu). My fiance bought one and it only came with one remote. I bought her a second remote and was hoping to be able to program it without paying the dealership $65.

TIA.

snic68
06-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Ok all I will try this forum-

My 92 silverado keyless entry quit working slowly. I had to hit the unlock button twice to get the doors to unlock. Then they quit working alltogether. A few weeks later they started working again. I went out and bought a new battery and they dont work at all. I just get a single chirp. If I hold the bottons down I get a continuous chirp until I push the botton again.

do I need to replace the mechanism or do they just need to be reprogramed. If they need to be reprogramed how do I do it?

thanks all for your help

Ace918
06-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Hello Folks, I am in need of the instructions for programming 2 extra remotes for my 2005 Suburban. ALSO does anybody know where the receiver is located? I would like to add a longer/better antenna to it.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Ace918

Ace918
06-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Hello Folks, another newbie question, does anyone know the location of the receiver for the keyless remot? I would like to add a better/longer antenna to it.
Thank You in advance for your help.
Ace918

kityn
07-19-2005, 01:15 PM
I just purchased a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. The FOB came with it, but it wasn't programmed -- anyone have directions? Thanks a million. :)

speedy77
07-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Can any one help me how do i program the remote (fobs) and new keys for the on a 2004 Nissan Murano?

Thanks

CSwon_41
08-01-2005, 11:27 PM
just email samsels@smunet.net or go to Samsel's Signs & Sound in Milford, IA

CSwon_41
08-01-2005, 11:28 PM
just email samsels@smunet.net or go to Samsel's Signs & Sound in Milford, IA
Or go to www.samsels.com and type your ?'s on the forums

CSwon_41
08-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Hello Folks, another newbie question, does anyone know the location of the receiver for the keyless remot? I would like to add a better/longer antenna to it.
Thank You in advance for your help.
Ace918
You usually place it on windshield and u cant add longer antenna

Ace918
08-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Or go to www.samsels.com and type your ?'s on the forums

Not sure I understand, You said you usually place the antenna on the window, which leads me to assume I assume you can add an external antenna. Then you say you cant add an external antenna ?? I have a 96, & 05 Suburban. :confused:

texasoklahoma72
08-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Got a new remote for vehicle but no instructions. I have been searching and googleing and I am not finding anything. I know that someone somewhere knows how it do it. Please help. Thanks in advance!

TheScotster
09-29-2005, 01:08 PM
Anyone know how to reprogram a 2001 Hyundia Elantra remote?

I did due dilligence and searched all the posts in this and the Hyundai forum and came up with nothing. I also looked at the other thread here that says "read here first" and didn't see anything that could help me.

I can't believe that dealer wants about $30 to reprogram my remote when it probably takes under 2 minutes to do it.

Hopefully this can be done be anyone and someone knows how to do it.

Thanks.

Scott

jaimefubu
09-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Anyone know how to reprogram a remote for a 1992 camaro to open the trunk. I reprogram the alarm and doors but I can't reprogram the trunk. thank you in advance

TheScotster
10-12-2005, 03:04 PM
I guess no one really looks at these forums anymore.
Got a used fob and no way to reprogram it except the dealer.
Looks like I'll have to shell out the $30.

wrlord
10-21-2005, 03:53 PM
I lost the fob to my 1998 Z28. Anyone know the programming procedure for the GM 16245100?

Thanks.

TheScotster
10-22-2005, 09:14 PM
I lost the fob to my 1998 Z28. Anyone know the programming procedure for the GM 16245100?

Thanks.

Good luck.
No one seems to answer anything in this thread.
I had my fob reprogrammed by the dealer for $30.
At least I only paid $10 on ebay for the fob, and not the $90 the dealer wanted.

no__name42
11-13-2005, 10:25 AM
i lost my remote for the nordic start ns 1003 a while back.
i just picked up a new one today.
but i cant find the manual to program it.
can anyone help me out?

ago
11-25-2005, 08:47 PM
I have a 2000 Chevy Cavalier Z24. I have just installed a replacement BCM because of faulty functions on my original BCM (driver door would not unlock, and remote trunk release faulty).

How can I program my keyless remotes for this replacement BCM ?

Also, the car will no longer start (fuel shut-off) with the replacement BCM, but I think that is related to the Passlock system which probably has some related functions to the BCM change.

Thanks,

ago

2octops
12-03-2005, 01:21 AM
Anyone know how to reprogram a 2001 Hyundia Elantra remote?

I did due dilligence and searched all the posts in this and the Hyundai forum and came up with nothing. I also looked at the other thread here that says "read here first" and didn't see anything that could help me.

I can't believe that dealer wants about $30 to reprogram my remote when it probably takes under 2 minutes to do it.

Hopefully this can be done be anyone and someone knows how to do it.

Thanks.

Scott
Pull the Alarm system module from behind trim below radio.

Turn ignition ON

Wait 5 seconds and flip switch on module to SET

Press LOCK button on remote

Flip switch on module back to OFF

Turn off ignition

Reassemble your car.

2octops
12-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Anyone know how to reprogram a remote for a 1992 camaro to open the trunk. I reprogram the alarm and doors but I can't reprogram the trunk. thank you in advance

Something funky is going on with either your remote or your RKE system. If you have the correct remote and it works your doors, then it should work everything else.

If you have a remote with the correct FCC ID but not necessarily the correct remote for the vehicle, only part of the buttons will function like they should.

Also you may have a bad contact under a button on your remote.

2octops
12-03-2005, 01:29 AM

Thanks.
Remove the RADIO fuse (#17).
Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times within 5 seconds. The body control module (BCM) will verify entry into the programming mode by performing the following actions:
Locking both of the doors
Unlocking the drivers door
Releasing the rear compartment lid
Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter for approximately 15 seconds. The following actions will occur:
The BCM will confirm that the transmitter code is programmed by performing the following actions:
Locking both of the doors
Unlocking the drivers door
Releasing the rear compartment lid
Any transmitter code that was previously programmed is erased.
The BCM is programmed to the transmitter.
If you are programming the BCM to match additional transmitters, repeat step 4. You may program up to 4 transmitters. This must be done before the RADIO fuse is reinstalled.
Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.

Important
The remote keyless entry system will not be operational if the program input line (RADIO fuse) is open.

Replace the RADIO fuse (#17).
If at any time it is necessary to restart the procedure, turn the ignition OFF and proceed again with step number 1.

2octops
12-03-2005, 01:32 AM
I have a 2000 Chevy Cavalier Z24. I have just installed a replacement BCM because of faulty functions on my original BCM (driver door would not unlock, and remote trunk release faulty).

How can I program my keyless remotes for this replacement BCM ?

Also, the car will no longer start (fuel shut-off) with the replacement BCM, but I think that is related to the Passlock system which probably has some related functions to the BCM change.

Thanks,

ago
The remote on these are only programmable with a scan tool.

dlevans
12-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Prior to seeing this thread, I posted this in the Uplander forum...

I am trying to locate :banghead: programming instructions for key fobs for a 2006 Chevy Uplander. Thanks!

lenluana
12-19-2005, 08:32 PM
I have a 1994 Chevy Lumina Minivan, I lost the keyfob many moons ago, well I set off the alarm I had popped the hood to check the oil I closed the drivers door and it armed somehow...I opened the back door, to get in and set off the alarm, how do I shut off the alarm with no key thing? also is there a way to disable this alarm without getting to technical =) Thanks

PS Going to get a new keyfob soon any prog instructions would be helpful =) Thanks

jeffg095
12-23-2005, 08:50 AM
I recently purchased a 2003 Alero and found a pair of remotes on Ebay. Could you please tell me how to program these remotes?

Much thanks, Jeff

ace256
12-24-2005, 11:50 PM
i have a 1998 Chevy Z71 i bought new remotes, and have the instructions for programming, but i have been unable to get the computer to access programming mode. i have the metal connectors in pin 4 and pin 8 , but when i short them i get nothing. i bought this truck used and it looks like someone has made some changes to the wiring, maybe an alarm or something. i was think that maybe they disable the factory keyless. so i would like to know all i can about the factory keyless, such as receiver location fuses wire color wire locations etc... any one have any ideas.

P.S. why does all of this keyless programming and setup/design seem to be such a big secret

97GeoGirl
01-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Ok I bought a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 and it came with only one keyless remote and the guy was nice enough to find another one laying around but he said I would have to get it reprogrammed. Any idea on how to do this or will i need to bring it to the dealer?

shaoyou
01-27-2006, 06:15 PM
my have a 2000 cavalier z24. the fobs get weaker and weaker. it does work only close to the car. can someone tell me what happened and what i should do?:banghead:

shaoyou
01-27-2006, 06:18 PM
my have a 2000 cavalier z24. the fobs get weaker and weaker. it does work only close to the car. can someone tell me what happened and what i should do?:banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!