Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Keyless Entry Info...Search here first before posting about keyless entry problems.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

COMPJD
09-21-2003, 06:38 PM
Looking for info on how to program bcm to use keyless entry module need instructions on either how to reflash the bcm or how to unlock the feature key;less entry what ever is needed I can get I have access to a tech 1 and 2 scanner and any gm specific tool The vehicle has power door locks power windows just missing keyless entry purchased module now I need to know how to get it to function Dealer said if I got instructions they would do it free for me Please help

COMPJD
09-24-2003, 09:40 AM
Sorry to post GMC questions in the Chevy forum but this seems to be the place to get answers about keyless entry.

Will someone please provide me with the procedure for programming the keyless entry remotes for a 97 Yukon?

Thanks very much.
here u go

1) Ground terminal No. 8 (Black/White
Connector (DLC) located under lower
Receiver will respond by locking and
seconds. Press and hold LOCK and
first transmitter to be programmed
2) Press and hold LOCK and
second transmitter to be programmed
respond by locking/unlocking all doors
(if equipped). Remove ground from
operation can be verified by locking
automatically activating liftgate release.

COMPJD
09-24-2003, 09:43 AM
I just installed a GM receiver with fobs in my 2001 GMC Sierra. (my truck did not have the keyless option installed).
On the fuse panel it says..
"When equipped with power locks without keyless entry, install 30A fuse.
When equipped with power locks and keyless entry, install relay"
I assume I would get this relay at the dealer and place it in place of the 30A fuse that is there now??
also... is this why the unit is not working??
I was told the unit should work without programming...what is the programming sequence in case I need to go that route?
Thank you for any help !!
:confused:

>>Skip

chuy22
09-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Can anyone tell me how to program a pair of keyless remotes to my 2000 astro. Dealer wants to charge me $50 for less than a minutes work. Please help. Thanks I appreciate any help.

Blazer
09-27-2003, 04:41 AM
here u go

Thanks very much!

SkipK
09-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the advice on programming the BCM for my keyless.
It looks like you purchased the receiver and fobs also. Did you get this info from the dealer? I have been looking all over for how to get these things to activate.
Thanks again... I will try it tomorrow.
>>Skip

Hemi34
09-28-2003, 06:59 PM
I have a 2002 Blazer and my remote does not work, it was given to my after the sale so I am not sure it is the right one.
My vin is1GNCS18W52K163456 and the remote has these numbers on the back, GM UTA 15732805 FCC ID KOBUT1BT,
Can some one tell me how to program it as I live 165 miles from the nearest GM Dealer? Thank you in advance.
David

COMPJD
09-28-2003, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the advice on programming the BCM for my keyless.
It looks like you purchased the receiver and fobs also. Did you get this info from the dealer? I have been looking all over for how to get these things to activate.
Thanks again... I will try it tomorrow.
>>Skip
no I have software that tells me for every car but mine does not work as it was not original equipment so bcm has to be reprogramed

sixpackbird
09-30-2003, 11:34 AM
I've been through all the keyless entry forums here and have not found any advice on the 1995 Monte Carlo Z34s . I have tried some of the other procedures listed, but they don't seem to work on this car ? The diagnostic connector on this car only has 2 wires coming to it, they appear to be in pin 1 and 9 . Does anyone know how to program the keyless entry on this Z34? :banghead:

Thanks

wizzensnap
09-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know how to program the keyless remote on a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire CONVERTIBLE? I just bought it without the remote and have a new onel. Thanks for your help.

Greg

charliejmansfield
10-08-2003, 01:37 PM
Jim Were you able to get programming instructions for your Bonneville keyless entry...if so would you share then with me? I have a 1993 ssei. Thanks!!!!!

Gustav270
10-21-2003, 06:47 PM
I just bought another remote for my car and had a question about the instructions. It says, "Momentarily jump pins in programming connector located behind glove box." I have found the remote entry box behind the glove box, but I don't see any pins. Where are the pins located? On a wire somewhere, on the circuit board of the remote entry box? I don't want to jump the wrong pins and mess up anything, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

CaMaRo1999
10-23-2003, 03:07 PM
:evillol: This worked great for my 1999 Camaro as well :smokin: , thanks a lot.

No not all of them came with keyless entry the car needs option AU0. This option will be listed on the Service Parts ID sticker near the spare tire. If you email me your vin I can tell you that way also. Here is the program procedure. also you are correct about the transmitter part number 16245100 the -29 is usally stamped after the part number on the transmitter.

Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the body control module (BCM) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Remove the RADIO (#17) fuse.
Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times within 5 seconds. The BCM will confirm entry into the programming mode by performing the following actions:
Locking both of the doors.
Unlocking the driver's door.
Releasing the rear compartment lid.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter for approximately 15 seconds. The BCM will confirm the programming of that transmitter by performing the following actions:
Locking both of the doors.
Unlocking the driver's door.
Releasing the rear compartment lid.
Repeat the previous step to program up to 4transmitters.
Replace the RADIO (#17) fuse.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID # 641006
2001 Chevrolet/Geo Camaro

SnowRacerXCR700
10-28-2003, 10:08 AM
So i have 2 keyless remotes from a 1999 Silverado Z71 and i was wondering if anyone knows if they will work for a 1999 Cavalier Z24????

If they don't work i will purchase the correct remote. So how do i program a remote for this car?? I searched and could find it.

Thanks for any help,
THemp

mrman5917
10-28-2003, 09:29 PM
I've been reading through the threads, and have been able to get my malibu to chime after holding down the lock switch with the car turned to "on" posistion. however, it will chime in either 1 chime, three chimes, or four chimes, and will not do the second chime. If anyone has anyidea on how to get it to work, its greatly appreciated. :banghead:

lhcollings
10-31-2003, 07:40 PM
My locks would lock and unlock while driving done the road. I replaced the remote and the RKE module . Now i need to sychronize them both the module and the remote. I tried the on -off method -nothing. Please help :banghead:

bambamyum
11-01-2003, 05:19 PM
I have a 1999 Chevy Venture van with the remote keyless entry system. One of the remotes stoped working so I purchased a new one and need to add it in. Does anyone know the procedure to go through to add a remote in for this vehicle?

koster
11-04-2003, 06:12 PM
where do i install the remote module into the 2000 pontiac grand am.
it is the same one as the dealer would sell... but i just want to know where to plug it in (install it) etc.. before i get it.. so i'm ready. it should come in a couple days.

thanks!

dmorse1978
11-05-2003, 12:22 PM
I just got a new remote to replace a broken one, deos anyone know how to program on this vehicle? 1997 malibu 3.1? thanks in advance.

This is for my 1998 Malibu

ABO1502T

This is how I did it..and it worked! Saved $35!

Look in right side wall of trunk..there's a wire taped to another wire that has a plug on it with two prongs. I used my key, yes, my ignition key to jump the plug..I inserted the key between the two prongs and turned so that the key touched both prongs. My car cycled, unlock, lock, trunk release, unlock, lock, trunk release, horn chirp...while keeping the key in place, push (or have someone else do it) the lock and unlock buttons on your remote at the same time for about 12 seconds..you should hear the car lock/unlock. Remove key from plug. Your remote should now be operable. I only had one remote, so if you have more than one, I'd either try repeating the entire process for each remote, or doing each remote one after the other while keeping the key in the plug. I dunno, but if you figure it out, let me know!

<3 Deborah <3

PS- my ignition key has a rubber head! Don't electrocute yourself!

dbisknot2ez24get
11-05-2003, 01:26 PM
i have a factory keyless remote that works great at unlocking and locking the doors on my 2000 malibu, however it does not chime or flash the parking lights no matter what combination of buttons are pressed. Does anyone know if there is a resolution to this issue?

dmorse1978
11-06-2003, 12:27 PM
On my remote (1998) if I press lock twice, the horn chirps, my lights do not blink though. When I press unlock, it turns my interior lights on. It unlocks and locks the doors, pops the trunk..thats about it! But I have the 3 button ABO1502T..check your owners manual.

kukaracha
11-13-2003, 05:23 PM
I have an '03 Avalanche and just got a GM Accessories VSL4000 alarm system off ebay and it has 2 remotes. Is there any way for the remotes to remember my car seat memory, radio presets and mirrors like the factory remotes did? And if so, how do I do it? Other question is since it's a GM part, can I simply unplug the factory security system and plug this one in?

Thanks

tweetyboat
11-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Hi guys
I just got my 2002 2500 4x4 Avalanche and i need to programm a new entry remote. Please help...

REugene
11-15-2003, 07:15 PM
Lost a remote and replaced it. I have read the posts and know I have to program all at once. But, do the post for 99-02 GM work for my truck? Also is the posted diagram correct for mine if I have to use the 4 and 8 pin to prgram. Any and all help is needed and appreciated. Thanks Eugene

tahoe2720
11-16-2003, 05:02 PM
I've just purchased a 2000 tahoe z71(the old body style). It came with one remote, thats definately not made by GM.

I have an old remote from my 99 chevy blazer, and from a 96 chevy blazer. Is their any way I can use one of these remotes for my tahoe?

I've tried all sorts of methods listed on this thread to program the recievers.

I can't find the "DOC", nor do i know what the hell that is, or else i would of tried the "grounding pin a to pin g" method.

I guess my questions are:

How do i find out if my tahoe was even equipped with remote entry?
Where is the DOC?
Can i use my old keyless entry remotes?

Any other help would be appreciated.

Eric

jerky
11-21-2003, 12:12 PM
95 monte carlo, would any one know the programing instuctions for a new remote,
thanks.

toolman571
11-23-2003, 10:26 AM
I need help to program my extra remote I bought from ebay..1996 Monte Carlo I dont have access to a scan tool..Thanks

I used the wire in the trunk. just ground it and the locks will cycle lock and unclock, press the remote buttons at the same time and it will program the remote, do the same with your other one...

ricpope
12-06-2003, 12:06 AM
have a 96 blazer, not born with keyless. what parts do i nned, and how do i install them?

toolman571
12-06-2003, 08:31 AM
have a 96 blazer, not born with keyless. what parts do i nned, and how do i install them?

I dont know what you can do with a factory unit.. But you can go to best buy or hh greg and they have a keyless entry w/remote start also included is an alarm.. I put one on my 97 Blazer and my 94 astro van.. they work perfect...Toolman571

ricpope
12-08-2003, 12:00 PM
i have the remote function actuation module gm 16244084 from a 97 blazer. (junk yard) where is the connector for the box?
i removed the three bolts on the lower panel and there was nothing to plug it to. any help would be greatly appreciated.

turbohobby7d
12-16-2003, 09:28 PM
Could anyone post the instructions to program the FOB's for a 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier.

thoffman2000
12-20-2003, 03:10 PM
Have a '89 Olds with a GM VSS 200 Keyless Entry Add-on Kit. Drained battery and apparently lost Key Fob program/operation. Can someone please give me instructions on how to reprogram the fobs on this GM VSS 200 Keyless System.

Thanks!

Atomos
12-21-2003, 12:16 AM
I have a '97 Blazer LS. Anyone know how to program one of these? I have tried almost everything! HELP!
Thanks
-Atomos

markass
12-22-2003, 07:57 AM
I need to know how to program the keyless entry for my 95 chev silveraldo. Can anyone help me????

bigboy9600
12-28-2003, 11:29 PM
Hi

I just bought a brand new 2004 Chevy van 3500 it came with 2 remotes but I need to get more then that. If anyone would be able to help me out with programming remotes for that van I woul greatly appreiciate it

Thanks

jefe56a
01-05-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm having trouble getting my keyless entry system in program mode. Can anyone tell me which procedure to use for a 97 chevy silverado? i tried the jumping of pin 8 to pin 4 with no luck. also tried the onoffonoff with the unlock depressed. had doors closed and key on for the 8 to 4 jump method. locks won't cycle to indicate program mode is in effect.

any help would be appreciated. thanks!

80'sfreak
01-14-2004, 07:18 PM
I had to replace the battery and alternator on my car so I lost the keyless entry when it started back up. Does some one have directions as to how I can re-associate the remote with the car?

jefe56a
01-16-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm having trouble getting my keyless entry system in program mode. Can anyone tell me which procedure to use for a 97 chevy silverado? i tried the jumping of pin 8 to pin 4 with no luck. also tried the onoffonoff with the unlock depressed. had doors closed and key on for the 8 to 4 jump method. locks won't cycle to indicate program mode is in effect.

any help would be appreciated. thanks!

for anyone interested: for 1997 Chevrolet Silverado 1/2 ton pickup, use the Diagnostic terminal jumper method. jump pin 8 to pin 4 or a good ground. doors closed, key inserted in ignition but in off postion. locks will cycle a couple seconds after jumper is installed. depress lock and unlock buttons on remote simultaneously until locks cycle indicating the remote is programmed (took about 10 to 15 seconds). redo this for other remotes before removing jumper to program all of them the same. remove jumper and try remotes.

my problem was getting a good ground. pin4 didn't work so i ran jumper to negative battery post. ideally you would have a fuse in the jumper.

good luck!

billy2
01-20-2004, 09:16 AM
I have a '98 fullsize chevy truck that I would like to add keyless entry. The truck has power windows, locks and time delayed dome light. I have done some research and found where I think the module(receiver) goes. It looks like it replaces the dome light module under the dash. Is this the only thing needed to add this option? I know about the fob's and programming.

Also, will a receiver from any other vehicle work? I have tried to look for wiring diagrams, but most books dont cover this option, so its been impossible to compare. I had the dealer check the part number on what I needed and it was part # 16254970(receiver) and fob part#16245102. I also had him check an s-10 of the same year, but it had a different #'s. I was hoping to find these parts used and want to cover all the bases to make sure I get all I need to complete the project if I find a donor vehicle.

Thanks,
Bill

revzoom
01-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Hi, I need info on reprogramming my 2000 Saturn SC1, please. I saw info on the 99, but am unsure if this is correct for 2000. Thanks in advance.

80'sfreak
01-23-2004, 07:03 PM
I found out that the keyless remote can be reset on this car by inserting the key in the module in the trunk. Pull back the carpet on the right side bumper near the tail light. You will see a key module hanging out from the wiring harness. I put the key in, bridging the circuit, held down the lock and unlock keys, the car cycled through lock--unlock--trunk release. After this was completed I was able to use my remote again. Thanks for all the help from everyone, I hope this helps.

clayokst
01-27-2004, 02:39 PM
i need help on programming my keyless entry for a 2000 chevy z71....also if the process involves grounding 4 and 8.....can you tell me where exactly the DLC or DLD (whatever it is) is at and what it looks like.....thank you so much!!!!

clayokst
01-27-2004, 04:21 PM
somebody please email me on how to program the keyless entry on a 2000 z71 chevy. i think im a little confused as to how you circuit the 4 and 8 wires. clayokst@aol.com

Shortbus
01-27-2004, 04:25 PM
somebody please email me on how to program the keyless entry on a 2000 z71 chevy. i think im a little confused as to how you circuit the 4 and 8 wires. clayokst@aol.com

Start with the ignition OFF, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel. Turn ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF. Release power unlock button on the door panel. The locks will cycle once.
Hold down the keyless entry transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons for 15 seconds. The locks will again cycle once.
Repeat step #2 for each additional keyless entry transmitter.
Turn the ignition on to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode. Programming is now complete.

et10sec
01-29-2004, 04:31 PM
I don't know about the other cars, but on the 2003 impala, you can program remotes by putting key in acc, holding disp on radio, until settings comes up then scroll to fob prog, then push next, display will say begin, push disp screen will say push fob, hold dowm lock and unlock for 12 seconds, on each transmitter

young yukon
01-30-2004, 04:31 PM
will this work on 2002 Yukon?

Start with the ignition OFF, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel. Turn ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF. Release power unlock button on the door panel. The locks will cycle once.
Hold down the keyless entry transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons for 15 seconds. The locks will again cycle once.
Repeat step #2 for each additional keyless entry transmitter.
Turn the ignition on to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode. Programming is now complete.

2kfire
02-05-2004, 09:01 AM
2000 Sunfire. Is the programming method for the '00 sunfire the same as for the '02? I know the '00 and '01s use the same BCM but I couldn't find information for either of those years in this thread. If not, what do I need to do to reprogram a '00 sunfire?

slacker_53
02-07-2004, 07:39 AM
I purchased a used 2001 camaro z28 a few monthes ago from a GM dealer. It did not come with any key fobs. My car has power locks/trunk. Do camaros that have power locks/trunk come standard with the ability to add a key fob(s). If so how can I find the part number for the correct fob and the instructions on how to program it. I went through the boards on here and I have found alot of good info but I recall a note of caution about not using instructions for other camaro years to program. I have not seen any for the 2001 z28. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I tried going to www.gmpartsdirect.com but it was no help for a fob part number.:rolleyes: ---update I HAVE CONTACTED MY DELAER AND THE INFO HE PROVIDED ME WAS THAT I NEED A 16245100 - I HAVE LOOKED ON THE NET AND I FIND A 16245100-29 - I ASSUME THEY ALL ARE A -29 SINCE THAT IS THE ONLY ONE I CAN FIND WITH THAT BASE NUMBER. I STILL NEED TO BUY ONE AND LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM IT THOUGH. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED....THX

Ebay is a great place to pick up the fobs, and if you purchase it from places specializing in this area, they will even send programming instructions.

-slacker

ZCrazy
02-09-2004, 09:07 PM
hey, I need someones help. I have a question. I have a 1998 s-10 ext. cab with power door locks, ext. when I bought the truck a few weeks ago, the keyless entry didnt work. I started with the thing it says in the owners manual, that didnt work, then I got a new batt. and tried the owners manual way again. that didnt work. Then I tried the igition on,off,on,off thing. That didnt work. I went to the dealer, and checked about it, the truck does have keyless entry, and I do have the right one for it, I just cant seem to get it to work. Please help.

JimmyTheGrunt
02-14-2004, 09:00 PM
I am trying to program the keyless entry for my 2001 Venture with no luck. I used the code for a 2000 and the 2003 and never did hear the chime mentioned. Is there a separate procedure for the 2001 venture?

spotco2
02-22-2004, 12:18 AM
Ebay is a great place to pick up the fobs, and if you purchase it from places specializing in this area, they will even send programming instructions.

-slacker

Snother good place to get remotes that are new or have been tested t make sure they work OK is http://www.nvo.com/chipkeys He also has programming instructions for all of the remotes he sells.

spotco2
02-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Document ID# 690268
2001 Chevrolet/Geo Venture

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock transmitter (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Remove the BCM PRGRM fuse from the fuse block. Refer to Electrical Center Identification Views in Wiring Systems.
Close all of the doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Turn the ignition to ACC. The body control module (BCM) will perform the following in order to identify the type of BCM installed in the vehicle:
Flash the seat belt indicator 2, 3, or 4 times.
Chime 2, 3, or 4 times.
Turn the ignition to OFF, and then back to ACC within 1 second. The BCM may begin to chime and flash diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). If the BCM has stored any DTCs, refer to Diagnostic System Check - Body Control System in Body Control System.
Open and then close any vehicle door. The BCM will chime in order to confirm that the programming mode has been entered.
Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for approximately 14 seconds.

Important
After approximately 3-5 seconds the BCM will chime once to confirm that the programming has been completed for that transmitter.

Repeat the previous step in order to program each additional transmitter.
Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Install the BCM PRGRM fuse into the fuse block.
Operate the functions of each transmitter in order to verify correct system operation

intochevys
02-24-2004, 12:17 PM
i have a 96 camaro /rs/conv i purchased recently i need programing procedure if anyone can help the remotes i got from ebay # 16245100-29 and will they allso work for trunk ?????? any replies would be greatly appreciated thanks , intochevys

spotco2
02-26-2004, 01:16 AM
1- Turn ignition off. Remove RADIO fuse (fuse #17) from the fuse block. Cycle the ignition switch from OFF to RUN 3 times within 5 seconds until door locks and hatch release cycle. Indicating the BCM is in program mode. Leave ignition key in RUN position. 2- Press both LOCK and UNLOCK button on Transmitter for 16 seconds. Door locks will cycle (LOCK then UNLOCK) confirming the transmitter has been programmed. Door locks must cycle completely to unlock before proceeding. 3- Repeat step (2) for each additional transmitter to be programmed. 4- Turn off ignition transmitter.

Not sure about the remote part numbers. Call ya local dealer parts dept and have them check the numbers of the remote you have and see what it fits.

dragnracer
03-03-2004, 10:30 AM
i just got a keyless entry remote on e-bay for my 94 grand prix , does any one know how to program the remote to the car , it has a 12 pin (dlc)obd1 system :banghead: thanks in advance .

rolyat181947
03-11-2004, 10:11 PM
i put new batteries in remote for '91 caprice, & it does not work. how is it programmed please!!!

spotco2
03-11-2004, 10:56 PM
1994 Grand Prix

1- Open trunk
2- Remove right rear trim panel
3- Taped to a harness near the antenna mast (sorry that's the description the book
gives) is a single pin plug going no where. Wire color in that plug is probably
black/ white.
4- Ground that wire. The door locks will respond by locking, then unlocking
5- Press and hold Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds
6- The doors will lock then unlock indicating the system has learned that transmitter
7- Repeat step 5 for all remaining transmitters
8- Remove ground from the program jumper
9- Verify proper remote functions.
The keyless receiver appears to be mounted to the right side of the right rear
speaker in the trunk separation panel. If you must go there because you can't find
the program jumper where previously described, the program wire is in pin L. It is a
black/ white wire at the keyless receiver.
98- 99 malibu, 94- 6 gran prix, 94- 7 lumina, 94- 6 cutlass, 94- 96 granprix, 94- 98 lumina, 94- 96 cutlass

dragnracer
03-11-2004, 11:25 PM
i was just informed that i need a new receiver for my keyless entry :banghead: , does any one know where i can pick up a used on cheap

spotco2
03-14-2004, 09:41 AM
What Kinda Car?

mendelg1180
03-15-2004, 02:06 AM
Does anyone know how to program a remote for a 2004 saturn Ion?

Add your comment to this topic!