Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Keyless Entry Info...Search here first before posting about keyless entry problems.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Shortbus
02-10-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by llneal
Just picked up the remotes and the dealer wants a fortune to program any help would be appreciated.

Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock transmitter (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Remove the BCM PRGRM fuse from the fuse block. Refer to Electrical Center Identification Views in Wiring Systems.
Close all of the doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Turn the ignition to ACC. The body control module (BCM) will perform the following in order to identify the type of BCM installed in the vehicle:
Flash the seat belt indicator 2, 3, or 4 times.
Chime 2, 3, or 4 times.
Turn the ignition to OFF, and then back to ACC within 1 second. The BCM may begin to chime and flash diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). If the BCM has stored any DTCs, refer to Diagnostic System Check - Body Control System in Body Control System.
Open and then close any vehicle door. The BCM will chime in order to confirm that the programming mode has been entered.
Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for approximately 14 seconds.

Important
After approximately 3-5 seconds the BCM will chime once to confirm that the programming has been completed for that transmitter.

Repeat the previous step in order to program each additional transmitter.
Install the BCM PRGRM fuse into the fuse block.
Operate the functions of each transmitter in order to verify correct system operation.
© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

will4me
04-10-2003, 08:28 AM
I need help on how to program the keyless entry extra remote that I just bought.
Car = 2001 Pontiac Trans Am Conv WS6
Can anyone help?
Thanks
William

Shortbus
04-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by will4me
I need help on how to program the keyless entry extra remote that I just bought.
Car = 2001 Pontiac Trans Am Conv WS6
Can anyone help?
Thanks
William

Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the body control module (BCM) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Remove the RADIO (#17) fuse.
Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times within 5 seconds. The BCM will confirm entry into the programming mode by performing the following actions:
Locking both of the doors.
Unlocking the driver's door.
Releasing the rear compartment lid.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter for approximately 15 seconds. The BCM will confirm the programming of that transmitter by performing the following actions:
Locking both of the doors.
Unlocking the driver's door.
Releasing the rear compartment lid.
Repeat the previous step to program up to 4transmitters.
Replace the RADIO (#17) fuse.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID# 641006
2001 Pontiac Firebird

Petman
04-18-2003, 11:32 AM
How about for 99 GMC Suburban? Can I do this toolless? My current fob stopped working for some reason and I also want to buy anther one and program myself.

If not, what do I need and can I rent at a rental store like RentX? Do ya think my autoparts store would "loan" to me for a small fee.

Shortbus
04-19-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Petman
How about for 99 GMC Suburban? Can I do this toolless? My current fob stopped working for some reason and I also want to buy anther one and program myself.

If not, what do I need and can I rent at a rental store like RentX? Do ya think my autoparts store would "loan" to me for a small fee.

Transmitter Programming Base
If they key is in the ON position during the programming procedure, the horn chirp will be disabled, if the key is in the OFF position, the horn chirp will be enabled. The horn will chirp when the lock button is pressed two times.

When reprogramming the remote control door lock reciever, All transmitters must be programmed at this time in order for the transmitters to operate the vehicle. Transmitters not programed at this time will not work and the procedure will have to be redone with all the transmitters.

Ground pin 4 to pin 8 of the data link connector (DLC). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors, and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first transmitter to be programmed until the locks cycle (approximately 10 seconds).
Repeat step 2 for up to four total transmitters to be programmed (if available). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
Remove the ground applied to the DLC.
Lock and unlock the doors in order to verify the transmitter operation.
Activate the rear window release in order to verify the transmitter operation.

Zephirus
04-21-2003, 08:33 AM
I am trying to find a method of programming the keyless reciever to my two transmitters myself. does anyone know the procedure?

Thanks!

Shortbus
04-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Zephirus
I am trying to find a method of programming the keyless reciever to my two transmitters myself. does anyone know the procedure?

Thanks!

Well unfortunately you need a scan tool to program this one.
Here is the procedure anyway.
Transmitter Programming

Important
Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. The order in which the transmitters are programmed is important. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. Use care to program the transmitters correctly.

Install a scan tool.
Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.
Select Body Control Module.
Select Special Functions.
Select Program Key Fobs.
If you are adding a transmitter to the system, or are replacing a transmitter, choose the Add/Replace Key Fobs option. This allows new transmitters to be added without deleting those currently programmed to the module. If you are replacing all transmitters or none of the transmitters are working, choose the Clear memory and Program All Fobs option. This prevents lost or stolen transmitters from being used to access the vehicle.
Follow the scan tool on-screen directions.
After programming the last transmitter, remove the scan tool.
Exit the vehicle. Attempt to lock/unlock the doors to verify the programming.

alt.ego
04-28-2003, 10:47 AM
I'm looking for programming instructions for a 2000 Bonneville. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
alt

Shortbus
04-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by alt.ego
I'm looking for programming instructions for a 2000 Bonneville. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
alt

Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters may be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. The order in which the transmitters are programmed is important. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number on the transmitters are for reference only: #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available. Use care to program the transmitters correctly.

Install a scan tool.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Use the scan tool Remote Function Actuation Special Function: Program Key Fobs in order to place the remote control door lock receiver into Program Mode. The doors will lock and then unlock in order to confirm program mode.

Important
The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.

Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock in order to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step in order to program up to 4 transmitters.
Remove the scan tool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID# 479346
2000 Pontiac Bonneville

WestSide
05-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Remote Lock Feedback

I'm trying to disable this feature on a 2003 Silverado LS that does not have the DIC options on the steering wheel. I had an after market alarm installed and wish to disable this feature now.

alt.ego
05-06-2003, 08:57 PM
John,

Thanks for your reply post. Not being the gearhead I outta be, I have a question. The instructions say to use a 'scan tool'.
Install a scan tool.
What is a scan tool, and how much of a pain is it to get one? :confused: (Cost, etc.)

Thanks,
-alt

TheJDog
05-12-2003, 01:04 PM
First of all, I must say, thanks for all the hard work answering all of the programming keyless entry questions!!!!!

Now, for my question ;)

I just recently purchased a 2000 Chevy Blazer and the dealer gave me two remotes (which don't work), first I need to know if there is a simple way to tell if I have the keyless feature and second, what's the steps to program these things?

Thanks again, AWESOME board!!!

TheJDog

Shortbus
05-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by TheJDog
First of all, I must say, thanks for all the hard work answering all of the programming keyless entry questions!!!!!

Now, for my question ;)

I just recently purchased a 2000 Chevy Blazer and the dealer gave me two remotes (which don't work), first I need to know if there is a simple way to tell if I have the keyless feature and second, what's the steps to program these things?

Thanks again, AWESOME board!!!

TheJDog

Thanks, and welcome to AF

Just post or email me your vin number and I will help you out.

Shortbus
05-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by alt.ego
John,

Thanks for your reply post. Not being the gearhead I outta be, I have a question. The instructions say to use a 'scan tool'.

What is a scan tool, and how much of a pain is it to get one? :confused: (Cost, etc.)

Thanks,
-alt

A scan tool is a small handheld computer that connects to the vehicle onboard computer systems.

I really don't have a clue where you can get them, the ones we use at GM are from Kent Moore and can cost anywhere from 300 and up.

I do know there are several places online that sell them.

Try doing a google search for OBDII and gm scan tool, or Tech 2 scanners.

Good luck.

TheJDog
05-12-2003, 02:16 PM
John, thanks for the help, I emailed you my VIN!

Shortbus
05-12-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by TheJDog
John, thanks for the help, I emailed you my VIN!

I haven't rcvd it yet so I emailed you.

John

TheJDog
05-12-2003, 02:36 PM
John,
I emailed you back ;)

Thanks!!!

tomservo
05-27-2003, 04:28 PM
I have read through this forum a couple of times now, and maybe I missed a similar problem....I have a 2000 Tahoe that i can't seem to get the keyless remote entry to work on. I've tried the "unlock door with key in off position, then on/off/on/off" deal, but once I do that the locks never cycle. Any ideas as to what the issue might be, or am using the wrong procedure?

Thanks
Patrick

Shortbus
05-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by tomservo
I have read through this forum a couple of times now, and maybe I missed a similar problem....I have a 2000 Tahoe that i can't seem to get the keyless remote entry to work on. I've tried the "unlock door with key in off position, then on/off/on/off" deal, but once I do that the locks never cycle. Any ideas as to what the issue might be, or am using the wrong procedure?

Thanks
Patrick

Post or email me your vin number, I will get you the right procedure.

tomservo
05-27-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by John

Post or email me your vin number, I will get you the right procedure.

You've got mail! :D

Shortbus
05-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Is this the procedure you are using?

Transmitter Programming Base

If they key is in the ON position during the programming procedure, the horn chirp will be disabled, if the key is in the OFF position, the horn chirp will be enabled. The horn will chirp when the lock button is pressed two times.

When reprogramming the remote control door lock reciever, All transmitters must be programmed at this time in order for the transmitters to operate the vehicle. Transmitters not programed at this time will not work and the procedure will have to be redone with all the transmitters.

Ground pin 4 to pin 8 of the data link connector (DLC). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors, and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first transmitter to be programmed until the locks cycle (approximately 10 seconds).
Repeat step 2 for up to four total transmitters to be programmed (if available). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
Remove the ground applied to the DLC.
Lock and unlock the doors in order to verify the transmitter operation.
Activate the rear window release in order to verify the transmitter operation.

tomservo
05-27-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by John
Is this the procedure you are using?

snip

Nope, that's not what I've been doing. One (moer) dumb question, what/where is the DLC ? I read somewhere that it's under the dash by the steering column, is that right?

Thanks very much for all your help!
Patrick

Flatrater
05-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Dude becareful you need to jumper 4 and 8 together if you get the wrong wires you could fry a puter so make sure you have 4 and 8. Your DLC conector is under the dash below the steering column. It's a little black connector with 16 holes in it some with wire terminals and some are empty. If you look real close you will find numbers on the connector either the ends or all cavities will be numbered.

tomservo
05-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Flatrater
Dude becareful you need to jumper 4 and 8 together if you get the wrong wires you could fry a puter so make sure you have 4 and 8. Your DLC conector is under the dash below the steering column. It's a little black connector with 16 holes in it some with wire terminals and some are empty. If you look real close you will find numbers on the connector either the ends or all cavities will be numbered.

Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely be careful!

What is the best way to jumper the two? Just a piece of wire?

Thanks again,
Patrick

Flatrater
05-28-2003, 08:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely be careful!

What is the best way to jumper the two? Just a piece of wire?

Thanks again,
Patrick

Paper clips work good!

tomservo
05-29-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Flatrater

Paper clips work good!

:D I suspected as much!

I am really going to have to look for the numbers, I checked last night and couldn't see any! Are there any diagrams of this anywhere, like you have with the fuse panel by any chance?

bakes454
06-03-2003, 12:03 PM
Bought a used 2000 Chevy venture with power locks but no key fobs. Is there a way to determine if vehicle has keyless entry installed.

Thanks

tomservo
06-03-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by bakes454
Bought a used 2000 Chevy venture with power locks but no key fobs. Is there a way to determine if vehicle has keyless entry installed.

Thanks

Yes, there is a sticker inside your glove box with a whole bunch of letter number combos (usually only 2 or 3 characters long) if you see one that says AU0 (that's a zero), you have keyless remote entry...

gavinx
06-18-2003, 10:03 AM
Im new at this so please forgive any errors
I have a 1998 chevy prizm and just bought a new remote
noone else seems to have such a thing on the boards. Does anyone know what to do to program it?

Many thanks.

Sorry if this went to the wrong place

Gavinx

Shortbus
06-18-2003, 10:51 AM
Transmitter Programming
Reprogramming the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver

Important
The vehicle comes equipped with two transmitters. The receiver can be programmed to accept up to four transmitters. Additional transmitters are available. If the number of transmitters programmed exceeds four, the previously programmed transmitters will be erased in order, starting with the first transmitter.

To program a transmitter, there are 3 modes within the remote control door lock receiver.

Add mode: This mode is used for adding new or additional transmitters.
Rewrite mode: This mode is used to erase all of the previously programmed transmitters and should be used when installing a new receiver.
Confirmation mode: This mode is for confirming how many existing transmitters are registered before adding any transmitters.
To begin programming, follow the procedure.

Set the following conditions:
Ignition off and ignition key out of cylinder.
All doors closed except drivers door.
All doors unlocked.
Insert the ignition key into the key cylinder momentarily and remove it.
Using the switch in the drivers door, move the switch to LOCK-UNLOCK 5 times at approximately 1 second intervals within 40 seconds.
Close the drivers door, then open it.
Again, move the switch to LOCK-UNLOCK 5 times at approximately 1 second intervals within 40 seconds.
Insert the ignition key into the key cylinder.
Turn the ignition switch from ON-LOCK at approximately 1 second intervals for 1-3 times according to the desired mode.
1 time for add mode
2 times for rewrite mode
3 times for confirmation mode
Remove the ignition key from the key cylinder.
If the add or rewite mode has been selected, the doors will lock-unlock once or twice at 1 second intervals, once for add mode or twice for rewrite mode.
If the confirmation mode is selected, the doors will lock-unlock 0-4 times at 2 second intervals to inform the technician of the number of transmitters programmed.
Press a transmitter button for 2 seconds. The doors will lock-unlock once at a 1 second interval to inform the technician that the signal has been received from the transmitter.
Close the drivers door, then open it.
Press a transmitter button for 2 seconds. The doors will lock-unlock once at a 1 second interval to inform the technician that the signal has been received from the transmitter.
If the doors lock-unlock once, the transmitter programming has been completed. Go to step 9 to continue programming for additional transmitters.
If the doors lock-unlock twice, the transmitter programming is not complete. Go to step 9 to begin the transmitter programming again.
If any of the following conditions occur during programming, the remote control door lock receiver will return to normal operation:

The drivers door remains closed.
20 seconds elapses with no input to the RKE module.
The ignition key is inserted into the key cylinder.
4 transmitters have been programmed at once.

devil34
06-20-2003, 11:11 AM
Hi all,
I have a 2000 2 door Chevy blazer with power door locks ( power everything), now I installed the RFA module ( GM# 15732806) and I have 2 remotes (FCC ID# KOBUT1BT) that go with them ( and if any of this info is wrong , please let me know), I went to my local chevy dealer to have them activate the feature and they have no clue what to do! they said that they have never done this before and since it never came from the factory with keyless entry you can't add it, now from reading the posts here I know it can be done! can anyone tell me what I need to tell them so they can do this?? From what I read they have to activate it from the body control module but that's all I know and the dealership knows even less! any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

:smile:

tomservo
06-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Does anyone have a pin out for a DLC connector (200 Tahoe) so I know which pin is 4 and which is 8?

TIA

Patrick

Shortbus
06-21-2003, 10:08 AM
Does anyone have a pin out for a DLC connector (200 Tahoe) so I know which pin is 4 and which is 8?

TIA

Patrick

Does this help?

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/618550bcm002.jpg

tomservo
06-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Big time! Thanks much!!

By the way, as you probably guessed, that was supposed to be 2000 Tahoe, not 200 Tahoe. I beleive the 200 Tahoe made horsepower with real horses!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by John
[B]

Does this help?

MtnGoatID
06-24-2003, 05:09 PM
Are the instructions for programing the 4 button (gm factory alarm) remote any diffrent than the standard remote?

MtnGoatID
06-27-2003, 10:01 PM
I have done some more resurch in to the alarm system on my 99 sub. It is not a factory option but a GM Accessories Alarm that was deler installed at purchas. The deler of corse didnt have a manual that i could look at but for about $100 he was sure the servace department could figure it out! So if anyone out there has any information I would appreciate hearing.

Thanks

Brdjeep
06-28-2003, 08:28 PM
I just bought a remote from ebay and would like program it for my 2002 saturn SC2.

sasteve2002
07-01-2003, 11:17 AM
I just got a new remote to replace a broken one, deos anyone know how to program on this vehicle? 1997 malibu 3.1? thanks in advance.

lumina1234
07-06-2003, 02:34 PM
Can anyone help me program my keyless entry?

The GM part number is 16245103

mrarcade
07-13-2003, 12:20 PM
I just bought a '92 Bonneville SSE. I am looking for a pair of keyless entry transmitters and programming instructions.

The local dealer said I can only use transmitter 25602667.

I hope someone can help me find some transmitters and instructions to program them!

Thanks for reading!

robijamie
07-15-2003, 03:12 PM
I just bought a 2000 Dodge Durango 2 weeks ago. It has keyless entry, in fact we had a remote, but misplaced it immediately. I'm ready to purchase another remote because I am so frustrated, but I need instructions how to reprogram a remote. Can someone help me please? Thanks so much. I have scanned this entire website and was unable to find the answer, so thanks for helping me out.

thoresen
07-17-2003, 07:53 AM
I just got a 2003 Cavalier Sadan can I just go out and buy remotes. Then how do I program them. The car came with the Theft Deterrent System but the dealer told me I had to get the LS model for the alarm to work but under standard equipent it list the Theft Deterrent System.

Please help

Thanks

David

bhutata
07-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Can anyone help with the programming instructions for a keyless entry remote for a 1990 Olds 98 Touring Sedan? I bought a Pontiac remote on ebay, but all the numbers on the back match exactly so I'm presuming that it should work.

Green-eyed Lady
07-21-2003, 08:41 PM
Just wondering if the RKE instructions for the 2001 Camaro are the same as the 2002.

And if not, could someone help me out w/those programming instructions.

THANKS!!

fbpd227
07-21-2003, 10:13 PM
1990 corvette L-98 convertable keyless entry (this post)

what is the procedure to program a 1990 corvette and what is the remote p/n i will need to buy to do this? i have a remote p/n 15955701 will it work? (fcc id# ABO0104T) this is the GREATEST site on the web!!!!!!!!!!! I have been lloking for over a year on how to program my remote for my vehicles with NO sucess! I cant believe this has been here the whole time, and i couldnt find it!!!!!! i wish more people knew there was a guru of remotes here for their salvation! it seems to be one of the MOST asked questions, with the least amount of answers! thanx in advance!!!!!!!!!!! i mean it! "yer da man!!!"

fbpd227
07-21-2003, 10:16 PM
1995 Chevy 7-71 remote keyless entry programming? how's it done? is my transmitter the right one? its GM p/n 15955701. thankyou SOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!

boss2003
07-25-2003, 04:01 PM
Got a 2002 Silverado - where can I find instructions to program it's remote? Hopefully it won't require a GM scan tool.

Thanks!

SkipK
07-27-2003, 04:35 PM
I just installed a GM receiver with fobs in my 2001 GMC Sierra. (my truck did not have the keyless option installed).
On the fuse panel it says..
"When equipped with power locks without keyless entry, install 30A fuse.
When equipped with power locks and keyless entry, install relay"
I assume I would get this relay at the dealer and place it in place of the 30A fuse that is there now??
also... is this why the unit is not working??
I was told the unit should work without programming...what is the programming sequence in case I need to go that route?
Thank you for any help !!
:confused:

>>Skip

rhino_llh
07-28-2003, 02:23 PM
2001 Chevy Suburban, I bought it used without any FOB's. I would like to buy some FOB's off ebay and save me some $$$.

Parts Dealer at local dealership says that there are two systems that could be on my suburban, he says match the receiver part numbers to the transmitter. Here are the part numbers:

Receiver Transmitter
15732806 15732803 (..or..)
15042969 15042968

Question: Where is the receiver located so that I can get the part number? Parts dealer guessed somewhere behind the center dash, up high.

Is there any other way to know which transmitter I need, I've seen both transmitters on ebay for about $10/each. Dealer wants $85.

I've searched the forums and haven't found anything on it.

TIA,
Rhino.

jzarkadas
07-29-2003, 01:17 AM
Anybody have the programming instructions for a 1997 Lumina sedan??
Would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanx

Jim ZZZZZZZZZ

SkipK
07-29-2003, 10:56 AM
Rhino:
You were asking about locating your receiver to get the part number.... I can tell you where it is on a 2001 GMC Sierra since I installed one just a few days ago.
This sounds much harder than it is, but here goes
1. Pull off dash trim (will pop off with even, easy pressure).
2. Lower steering wheel, put on parking brakes and pull down shift lever go give you better access.
3. remove trim.
4. unscrew 4 instrument panel screws and pull forward (one long cable to panel will allow you to move it to the side without removing.
5. keyless module is located in the upper right side, on top of dash opening (the size of a deck of cards, plugged in with 3 wires, 2 orange and one black). It is secured with 2 plastic legs in front which you can push back thru the holes and angle up to unsecure the back solid leg.
Good luck.
>>Skip

rhino_llh
07-30-2003, 10:05 AM
Skip,

Thanks for the instructions, it took me less than 30 minutes to find the part number and put it back together.

You Da Man, Skip!:bigthumb:

Sincerely,
Rhino.

SkipK
07-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Rhino:
No problem, glad I could help!
>>Skip

BigBill1963
08-02-2003, 02:23 PM
I lost my keyless entry remote. My friend works at a dealer and has a few extra remotes, and said if I can get them to work they're mine. I did a search and found 1 way to do it, but it didn't work.

I read that I had to jump the #4 and #8 pin at the data link connector and the doors would lock and un-lock. I tried this with the key on and off, but nothing happens? I used the plug under the dash where you hook the scanalyzer, is that right?

Can somebody tell me how to program a remote? I do have remotes that exactly match the one I had with my Suburban. Thanks for the help!

Gferrel1
08-04-2003, 07:28 PM
I was finally able to get a remote for my 95 olds silhouette van but the dealer wants $80+ to program it. Can any one please help. Thanks in advance

fnard
08-25-2003, 06:00 PM
I apologize for posting here in the Chevy area, but this seems like the best place to get the question answered. Does anyone know how to program the keyless entry for a '95 Pontiac Trans Sport. Bought from a friend and it was sitting without a battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

lavaspill
08-29-2003, 03:21 PM
Anyone ever figure out the 97 Grand Am Keyless entry program?

LRS
09-04-2003, 01:18 PM
The dealer wants far too much. Can anyone help with instruction on how to program the keyless entry? Thanks!

kamal_elmasry
09-06-2003, 03:17 PM
Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock transmitter (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Remove the BCM PRGRM fuse from the fuse block. Refer to Electrical Center Identification Views in Wiring Systems.
Close all of the doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Turn the ignition to ACC. The body control module (BCM) will perform the following in order to identify the type of BCM installed in the vehicle:
Flash the seat belt indicator 2, 3, or 4 times.
Chime 2, 3, or 4 times.
Turn the ignition to OFF, and then back to ACC within 1 second. The BCM may begin to chime and flash diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). If the BCM has stored any DTCs, refer to Diagnostic System Check - Body Control System in Body Control System.
Open and then close any vehicle door. The BCM will chime in order to confirm that the programming mode has been entered.
Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for approximately 14 seconds.

Important
After approximately 3-5 seconds the BCM will chime once to confirm that the programming has been completed for that transmitter.

Repeat the previous step in order to program each additional transmitter.
Install the BCM PRGRM fuse into the fuse block.
Operate the functions of each transmitter in order to verify correct system operation.
© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Is this procedure works for 1993 silhouette?

Blazer
09-09-2003, 03:27 AM
Sorry to post GMC questions in the Chevy forum but this seems to be the place to get answers about keyless entry.

Will someone please provide me with the procedure for programming the keyless entry remotes for a 97 Yukon?

Thanks very much.

Add your comment to this topic!