Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Keyless Entry Info...Search here first before posting about keyless entry problems.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

uccheme
04-13-2002, 02:05 PM
Anyone know how to reprogram a 2001 blazer's remote keyless entry?

Tireburner
04-15-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by oldkatz
Can anyone help with the procedure to program a 98 Ford Windstar remote? I just got an extra and don't want to have to deal with the local Ford store. If I program this one, will I have to change the one that works now? I don't want to mess with the one that works.
Help will be appreciated.

1) Turn ign switch from OFF to RUN 5 times within 10 seconds. (ending in RUN) If vehicle has entered program mode, doors will lock then unlock

2) Press any button on any remote. Doors should lock and unlock to acknowlege acceptance. Repeat step 2 for every extra remote.

3) Turn off ignition. Doors will lock and unlock one more time to verify exiting of programming.

NOTE: All remotes must be programmed at the same time!

Tireburner
04-15-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by rhvh2000
Can you tell me the procedure for programming the keyless wireless remote for my 95 Aurora?

Strange........... Both the Mitchell and GM factory manuals state:

Transmitter programming can only be accomplished using a Tech 1 scan tester. See instructions included with the Tech 1.

Unfortunately, unless you know a local shop with a Tech 1, you will have to go back to the dealer for programming. :(

Tireburner
04-15-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by uccheme
Anyone know how to reprogram a 2001 blazer's remote keyless entry?

S-10 Blazer or Trailblazer?

Advaik
04-21-2002, 07:31 PM
I recently bought a 94 Pontiac Grand Prix SE that came with a keyless remote entry but it didnt work. I replaced the batteries and still no avail. I tried to reprogram by how it is listed here but when I ground the wire in the trunk, the doors do not lock or do anything. I tried a jumper, I tried a coat hanger (like someone said they tried) and still nothing. What else can I do?

robsinfl
04-22-2002, 01:08 PM
I just got a new remote for my 97 pontiac grand prix se and I was wanting to know how to program it .... you have a 94 listed in here but it is different.

Thank you
Rob

Tireburner
04-22-2002, 03:03 PM
Last two posters. I will get your answers tomorrow morning when it's quiet in here.

robsinfl
04-22-2002, 03:08 PM
Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

the Wizard
04-23-2002, 04:23 PM
Hey Tireburner etal,

How about a 2002 Escalade?

Thanks in advance

Judah Hill
04-23-2002, 09:42 PM
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO REPROGRAM A REMOTE FOR A
1998 OLDS 88LS?

THANK YOU

Tireburner
04-24-2002, 08:02 AM
Advaik :
I double checked the instructions for your Grand Prix. They are correct. Verify the orange wire at the keyless module has 12v+ all the time. If not check fuse #32. Also check the pink wire. It should show 12v+ with the key in the run position. If both test fine, try unplugging the module, then plugging it back in starting with the plug that has the black wire first.

robsinfl :

1) Sit in the driver's seat
2)Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder
3)Close all the doors
4)Press and hold unlock on the door lock switch (on the door)
5)While holding the door lock switch in the unlock postition, insert and remove the ignition key twice. DO NOT ROTATE THE KEY.. JUST SLIDE IT IN AND BACK OUT.
6)Insert the ignition key the third time, leaving the kin in the ignition cylinder. DO NO TURN KEY
7)Release the door lock switch. You will hear 3 chimes indicating the transmitter programming is active.
8) Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless entry remote at the same time (one remote) for 12 seconds. You will hear two chimes. This indicates the transmitter has been programmed.
9)Repeat step (8) for all additional transmitters to be programmed
10) Exit programming by removing the key from the ignition cylinder.

Judah Hill:
1) Turn ignition switch off
2) Install a fused jumper wire (3amp fuse is suffiecient) between pin 8 (black/ white wire) and pin 4 (black wire) at the data link connector (DLC) the DLC is located under the drivers side of the dash, generally bolted to the right of the steering column
3) Close all doors
4) Turn the ignition switch on
5)Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on one remote (both buttons at the same time) for 30 seconds. The doors will lock then unlock
6)Repeat step (5) for each additional transmitter
7) Remove Jumper wire
8) Turn off ignition.

the Wizard:

I currently do not have a service manual for an 02 Escalade. When I get one I will post it for you.

robsinfl
04-24-2002, 11:37 AM
Thank you for your effort but it doesnt work. I hear no chimes after following the instructions to the letter. I tried just in case inserting the key twice, three times, once etc... nothing works. Could you please double check. I really appreciate it.

Rob

JAWS
04-27-2002, 08:04 PM
Tireburner:

I have a 1999 Buick Century that I just bought and I need to reprogram the remote. Can you please help me?

Thank you very much!

DevinNull
04-27-2002, 11:26 PM
Just looking for a hand in programing my '99 Tahoe remote entry fobs.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any help!

From reading the posts here it looks like I may have found the right place and that Tireburner should start taking donations via paypal.com or some other site.

~John

Tireburner
04-29-2002, 12:45 PM
robsinfl:

Maybe it's a late 96 model. Try the following instructions.

1-Open trunk

2-Remove rigt rear trim panel

3-Taped to a harness near the antenna mast (sorry that's the description the book gives) is a single pin plug going no where. Wire color in that plug is probably black/white.

4-Ground that wire. The door locks will respond by locking, then unlocking

5-Press and hold Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds

6-The doors will lock then unlock indicating the system has learned that transmitter

7-Repeat step 5 for all remaining transmitters

8-Remove ground from the program jumper

9-Verify proper remote functions.

The keyless reciever appears to be mounted to the right side of the right rear speaker in the trunk seperation panel. If you must go there because you can't find the program jumper where previously described, the program wire is in pin L. It is a black/white wire at the keyless reciever.

Tireburner
04-29-2002, 12:57 PM
JAWS:
I don't have a book for the 99 Century. This came out of the 98 GM Service manual. Everything I have indicates they are the same.

1) Sit in the driver's seat
2)Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder
3)Close all the doors
4)Press and hold unlock on the door lock switch (on the door)
5)While holding the door lock switch in the unlock postition, insert and remove the ignition key twice. DO NOT ROTATE THE KEY.. JUST SLIDE IT IN AND BACK OUT.
6)Insert the ignition key the third time, leaving the kin in the ignition cylinder. DO NO TURN KEY
7)Release the door lock switch. You will hear 3 chimes indicating the transmitter programming is active.
8) Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless entry remote at the same time (one remote) for 12 seconds. You will hear two chimes. This indicates the transmitter has been programmed.
9)Repeat step (8) for all additional transmitters to be programmed
10) Exit programming by removing the key from the ignition cylinder.

Tireburner
04-29-2002, 01:05 PM
DevinNull :

99 Tahoe:

1) Start with the ignition OFF. hold down the power unlock button on the door panel. While holding the unlock button turn the ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF. Release the power unlock switch on the door. The locks will LOCK then UNLOCK

2) Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote for 15 seconds. When the vehicle learns the remote, the doors will LOCK then UNLOCK.

3) Repeat step #2 for each additional remote

4) Turn the ignition ON to exit the transmitter programming mode.

5) Verify transmitter functions.

BTW: Stocks in good companies will work as well as Paypal!!!! :frog:

DevinNull
05-05-2002, 11:26 PM
I'm not having much luck:-(

I have tried a few times now and I have had a couple other people read the steps provided with now better luck.

Any ideas?

Tireburner
05-08-2002, 08:04 AM
Programming for 96 Caprice, Impala SS, Roadmaster (B body)

(except wagon)

1) Locate the programming plug. It is behind the left trim panel in the trunk. It is a two pin connector. Both wires should be black/ with white stripe.
2) Put a jumper wire to both pins (single wire, one end to one pin, the other end of the wire to the other pin). The doors should lock then unlock.

3) Press any button on the remote. The locks should lock, then unlock. Press any button on any extra remotes at this time.

4) Remove jumper wire, and test function of remotes.

Tireburner
05-08-2002, 08:12 AM
DevinNull :

If this is an old body style, try this. There is a difference between 98, 99, and 00 all are different.

1) At the data link connector. Use fused jumper wire between pin 4 (black wire) and pin 8 (black/white wire) Doors should lock, then unlock

2) Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK on the transmitter until door locks cycle (about 10 seconds)

3) Repeat step 2 for additional remotes

4) Remove jumper, and test remotes.

BLKNIGHT
05-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Hi, new here. I just bought a used 98 Chevy Blazer LS 4dr 4wd. Im not sure if it has keyless entry. Is there a way to tell?? I don't have a remote but will buy one if it has it. Thanks for any help!

Tireburner
05-17-2002, 07:27 AM
BLKNIGHT:

There is a Body Control Module located to the right (pass side) of the gas pedal. The BCM has 3 plugs (1) Brown, (1) Light Blue, (1) Purple.
The plugs face the drivers side of the vehicle.

In the Brown plug pin #B4 if there is an orange wire, it should have the keyless option.

Pin B4 the wire is orange. Pin B3 is a Red/wt wire, and pin B5 has no wire.

another option would be to call the parts dept of your local GM dealer, and give them the VIN #, they can plug that into the computer and tell you if it had keyless.

BLKNIGHT
05-17-2002, 01:46 PM
Tireburner: Thanks for the info. I'll check it out!

birchrj
05-19-2002, 12:59 AM
Tireburner, you are da man! I wondered if the instructions you gave blknight is the same for two vehicles I have, a '95 Olds 88 LS and a '95 Suburban LS. I think both have security systems in them, but I got both without remotes. If I can determine that they came with them, I will definitly be looking for one or two for each. 6 kids, including a 10 month old, Mama would really like to unlock the doors from a distance! :) Do you have any that you would like to part with, at a reasonable cost?

MaNKoRn427
05-24-2002, 09:11 PM
I need help with reprograming remote entry remotes for my '95 Mercury Cougar XR7. It has a dealer added option alarm system labeled " Ford Security System ." I got 2 (4 button) remotes that are from a car a few years newer. The alarm system features trunk release, courtesy lamps, lock and unlock, siren, and a shock senser if this info helps any.

Tireburner
05-28-2002, 08:35 AM
MaNKoRn427:

That piece was manufactured by Code Alarm (recently purchased by Audiovox) The only phone # I have for them is:

800-468-3241

Hopefuly they can assist you in programming.

Tireburner
05-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Programming for 00 S Blazer

1) With drivers door closed, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel

2) Turn the ignition ON, off, on, off

3)Release the power unlock switch on the door panel

The keyless receiver will respond by locking, then unlocking the doors

4) Hold down LOCK and UNLOCK on each remote one at a time until doors lock then unlock.

5) Turn on the ignition switch to exit programming.

knavenet
06-01-2002, 02:41 AM
Hi there. Wow, first let me say this is a great board. Seems like I might be able to find the secret to eternal life if I keep looking long enough on here! :)

However right now I need to ask for help.

I need to find out how to reprogram for a 2002 Malibu.

I was hoping the Door Unlock, ignition on off trick would work. But if that's it I must be having problems.

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

-Thanks

MaNKoRn427
06-01-2002, 05:59 PM
I bought a remote from the dealer that i bought my car from used. I have trouble reprograming it. The system installed is not wanting to cooperate with me. I think it is not functioning properly. It is a Ford Vehicle Security System 600 Plus. I have no wiring diagrams to see how if is wired properly. Oh well i'll give the phone number a try and i have a number with the remote to call, too, 1-800-FORD-KEY.

tonysch
06-03-2002, 08:16 AM
I was hoping someone could tell me how to program the keyless entry for my 2002 Tahoe.

Thank you
Tony

rlb3
06-03-2002, 08:25 PM
Can you please assist me in the programing on a 98 Ford Exedition?

Found it.

I should have read back farther.

On-off eight times
reprogram
turn off.

andriesb
06-07-2002, 07:16 AM
I have a 94 Cutlass Supreme Conv and just bought a keyless remote from the dealer. Don't want to spend the $ to let them do it. How can I do it myself.

creamfilledTWIENKE
06-12-2002, 10:36 PM
I recently bought a 2000 chevy malibu that unfortunately didn't come with the original keys, so I don't know if the car is equiped with remote keyless entry. Is there anyway to tell if it did and if so how do I program the spare transmiter that I happened upon? Any help would be appreciated

much thanx in advance

andriesb
06-13-2002, 06:19 AM
CreamfilledTWIENKIE

If you have an owners manual it could possible tell you in there. If not than a phone call to the dealer could certainly answer that question.

You can also order that remote from the dealer and they would program it for a small fee.

I ordered one for the 94 Cutlass and it took 2 minutes to program. It even told you how to do it in the owners manual, which I didn't find until after the dealer charged me 13 dollars to perform. The following was how it was done.

Open the Trunk and on the Right hand side there is an open connecter with a spade lug exposed.

Ground that lug to the chassis and you will here the door locks cycle.

Push any button on your remote and the doors will cycle again.

Remove the Ground wire and you are complete.

I even got my 96 GMC JIMMY to work with my 94 Cutlass. So now I have one remote controlling both cars. Sweet!!!

rjones2001
06-15-2002, 08:59 AM
creamfilledTWIENKE, you can call any GM dealership or the dealership where you got your car. Give them you VIN number (on windshield) and they will be able to tell you if the keyless entry was a factory option on your car. That's what I did when I bought a used car.

wjt_73
06-18-2002, 07:19 PM
Help , bought a 97 olds min van with only one keyless remote, bought another one, any help with programming would be great

thanks

Tireburner
06-19-2002, 07:12 AM
knavenet:
I haven't recieved my 02 Malibu book from GM yet. When I do, I will post it for you.

Tireburner
06-19-2002, 07:15 AM
MaNKoRn427 :

I found some additional instructions for Code Alarm transmitter programming. E-mail me your fax# and I will send them to you. Maybe they will work.

Tireburner
06-19-2002, 07:18 AM
birchrj :
Unfortunately, I have parted with all my GM remotes, for some reason they seem to be the most popular ones. Check with RJones. I sent him a couple that I believe were for a Suburban, he may still have them. Otherwise watch E-bay.

Tireburner
06-19-2002, 07:26 AM
tonysch :

02 Tahoe, Sierra, Silverado, Suburban, Yukon, Yukon XL (new body style from late 00 to current)

1) Close all doors and insert key in ignition

2)Hold down UNLOCK button on door panel

3)Turn ignition ON, OFF,ON,OFF. Release UNLOCK button on door panel. Door locks should LOCK then UNLOCK indicating the vehicle has entered programming

4) Hold down LOCK and UNLOCK on the remote for 15 seconds. The doors should LOCK then UNLOCK

5) Repeat step (4) for each additional transmitter (up to 4 total)

6) Turn ignition ON and OFF to exit programming. Verify function of remotes.

Tireburner
06-19-2002, 07:35 AM
wjt_73 :

This is for all 97 GM front wheel drive vans:

NOTE: YOU MUST PROGRAM ALL TRANSMITTERS AT THIS TIME. YOU WILL LOOSE PROGRAMMING TO ANY PREVIOUS TRANSMITTER.

1) Remove Key from ignition switch

2) Remove BCM PRGRM fuse located in the interior fuse box.

3) Close all doors and liftgate

4) Turn ignition to ACC, OFF, ACC within one second

5) Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when BCM enters programming mode

6) Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote for 15 seconds

7) Repeat step 6 for all additional transmitters (up to 4)

8) Turn off key, and replace BCM PRGRM fuse

Test for proper function of all remotes.

Tireburner
06-19-2002, 07:55 AM
Transmitter programming for 00-02 Grand Am/ Alero:

Transmitter programming with remote keyless integrated into BCM

1) Turn ignition off, connect scan tool to data link connector. Turn ignition to RUN position.

2) Using scan tool, select BCM special functions, ADD/REPLACE KEY FOB to place BCM into program mode. To program all transmitters use scan tool BCM special functions, CLEAR MEMORY/PROGRAM ALL FOB'S. when bcm enters program mode, you will hear two chimes

3)Press and hold lock and unlock on one remote for 15 seconds. You will hear two chimes indicating the remote has been learned.

4) Repeat step (3) for all additional transmitters

5) Remove scan tool, exit vehicle and confirm programming was successful.

Programming Remote keyless module with remote control door lock receiver module (separate, not integrated into bcm)

1) Turn ignition off, connect scan tool to DLC

2) Select remote function actuation, special functions, program key fobs.

3) select number of key fobs to be programmed

4) Press and hold locks and unlock buttons on first remote for 15 seconds. Locks will lock then unlock to confirm the learning of the remote

5) repeat step 4 for each additional transmitter (up to 4)

6) Remove scan tool, exit vehicle, and verify remote functions.

Tireburner
06-19-2002, 08:02 AM
andriesb :

Unfortunately, my books don't start showing remote programming proceedures until 1995. I checked, and for the 95 model year the programming instructions are the same I posted for rjones2001 on page 1. Give it a try. If it doesn't work, let me know, and I will see if I can find a GM dealer willing to help me.

sharker
06-19-2002, 08:39 AM
Can anyone tell me the sequence of steps to program a transmitter for a '96 Chrysler Concorde?

kennyd
06-19-2002, 07:13 PM
With reference to GM keyless remotes, do you have to match FCC numbers AND part numbers? Or do you only need to match the FCC number? I bought one with a matching FCC number but could not get the car to program to it (96' Buick Park Avenue).

Thanks for your help.
Kennyd.

Tireburner
06-20-2002, 07:04 AM
kennyd :

I believe the part #'s must match, but I am not absolutely positive. Rjones2001 has done more research into that than I have. Try contacting him, or try your local GM dealer.

Tireburner
06-20-2002, 07:13 AM
sharker :

96 Concorde, Intrepid, LHS, New Yorker, Vision programming

1) Turn ignition ON

2) Connect a jumper wire from pin 1 of the DLC (Data link Connector located at bottom edge drivers side under dash) Pin 1 is the upper left pin. Take other end of jumper wire to ground. The door locks will LOCK then UNLOCK to verify system is in program mode

3)Press any transmitter button. Doors will LOCK then UNLOCK to verify.

4) Repeat step 3 for any additional transmitters.

5) Remove jumper wire. Turn ignition OFF.

6) Verify transmitter functions.

tjtracey
06-20-2002, 09:09 PM
Anyone able to help me program a second keyless remote for a 2001 Park Avenue? Thanks so much!

:D

linder
06-25-2002, 01:11 PM
How do I know if the new remote I got will work with my keyless entry?? I tryed reprogramming it, but it did not work.

dharmer1975
06-29-2002, 01:31 PM
I just picked up a remote for a 2000 Buick Regal GS--does anyone have instructions on how to program the remote? I'm also buying one for a 1993 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am and need instructions for it also. Thanks! BTW, this forum is great--some of the people on here (ie TireBurner, ?jones?, etc) really go the extra mile--that's great...

macdilbert
07-02-2002, 08:42 PM
Could anyone please please help me program two new keyless entries to a Pontiac Bonneville 1997? I would so appreciate it!

newman25
07-03-2002, 01:01 AM
I just bought a 2000 Tahoe Limited, originally came with one remote and the dealer threw a second one in. They programmed them both today and now the horn no longer chirps on second press of the lock button.

Is there any instructions on programming this keyless remote? I thought I would give it a try before I drove all the way back.

BTW: I tried the Hold unlock on door and ON,OFF,ON,OFF, etc and didn't get the lock/unlock.

thrlride
07-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Hello everyone! I bought a Tahoe on this week and the dealer didn't provide the remote. I was given one and bought one, both the same part number. Could you please list instructions on how to program this vehicle?

Thanks!

waffle
07-18-2002, 03:16 AM
I have an 1988 Bonneville SSE with the old DLC data terminal the 6 pin out not like the newer 8 pin outs . Can someone tell me how to program my remote to work without having to use a dealer .
thanks in advance and if its easier you can email me your replies also to hound107@hotmail.com .

Tireburner
07-18-2002, 11:02 AM
I have been assigned massive new responsibilities at work (where these rescoures are available) I will still be answering these requests, but PLEASE be patient as it might take a couple of weeks before I have time to get back with a response.

Thank You for your patience!

testing
07-23-2002, 10:29 AM
Newman,

Did you figure out how to fix the horn not chirping on the second push of lock? I am in the same predicament with my 98 Yukon.

Thanks!

Tireburner
07-24-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by tjtracey
Anyone able to help me program a second keyless remote for a 2001 Park Avenue? Thanks so much!

:D

1998-2001 Park Ave programming.

ALL TRANSMITTERS MUST BE PRESENT WHEN PROGRAMMING NEW REMOTES!

1) Turn OFF ignition switch
2) Use a 3 amp fused jumper wire and connecte the terminal 8 (blk/wt) and terminal 4 (blk) wires at the data link connector. The data link connector is located on the drivers side bottom of dash panel
3) Close all the doors
4) Turn ON the ignition switch
5) Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK on one of the transmitters for 30 seconds.
6) After a 30 second delay the doors will LOCK and UNLOCK.
DO NOT TURN OFF THE IGNITION!
7) Repeat step 5 for each additional transmitter
8) Disconnect jumper wire from data link connector. Then turn ignition off and verify functions.

Tireburner
07-24-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by linder
How do I know if the new remote I got will work with my keyless entry?? I tryed reprogramming it, but it did not work.

What year, make, model vehicle? Do the part #'s on the back of the remotes match?

Tireburner
07-24-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by dharmer1975
I just picked up a remote for a 2000 Buick Regal GS--does anyone have instructions on how to program the remote? I'm also buying one for a 1993 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am and need instructions for it also. Thanks! BTW, this forum is great--some of the people on here (ie TireBurner, ?jones?, etc) really go the extra mile--that's great...

I am unable to help you at this time with the 93 Firebird. My books don't include instructions that go back that far.

1998-2002 Buick Regal

1) Sit in the drivers seat
2) Remove key from ignition cylinder
3) Close all the doors
4) Press and hold the UNLOCK on the door lock switch
5) While holding the door lock switch in the UNLOCK position, insert and remove the ignition key twice. DO NOT ROTATE THE IGNITION CYLINDER.
6) Insert the ignition key a third time, leaving the key in the ignition cylinder. The ignition MUST remain in the LOCK position for the rest of the procedure.
7) Release the door lock switch. You will hear 3 chimes. This chime feedback indicates the transmitter programming is active.
8) Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote for 12 seconds. You will hear two chimes. This chime feedback indicates the transmitter has been accepted.
9) Repeat step 8 for each additional transmitter
10) Remove ignition key from cylinder to exit programming.
11) Verify functions of remotes.

Tireburner
07-24-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by macdilbert
Could anyone please please help me program two new keyless entries to a Pontiac Bonneville 1997? I would so appreciate it!

1996-1998 Bonneville

ALL TRANSMITTERS MUST BE PRESENT WHEN PROGRAMMING NEW REMOTES!

1) Turn OFF ignition switch
2) Use a 3 amp fused jumper wire and connecte the terminal 8 (blk/wt) and terminal 4 (blk) wires at the data link connector. The data link connector is located on the drivers side bottom of dash panel
3) Close all the doors
4) Turn ON the ignition switch. The locks will cycle to LOCK
5) Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK on one of the transmitters for 30 seconds.
6) After a 30 second delay the doors will LOCK and UNLOCK.
DO NOT TURN OFF THE IGNITION!
7) Repeat step 5 for each additional transmitter
8) Disconnect jumper wire from data link connector. Then turn ignition off and verify functions.

Add your comment to this topic!