Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

66 Riviera via Custom Rodder Mag.

WHIZ
01-16-2003, 07:52 PM
I saw this in Custom Rodder Mag. March issue. I happened to have one laying around so I started it tonight. Custom Rodder Mag. (http://customrodder.com)

Here is the rendering that I'm basing my AMT 66 Riviera project

Jonno
01-16-2003, 11:53 PM
Cool project, can't wait to see progress.

WHIZ
01-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Removed door handles, hood and trunk lines, and all emblems. Picked up the wheels for it today at the local hobby shop. I also picked up dark purple pearl paint but now that I have it home and looked at the drawing think im going to exchange it for a lighter color purple.

flyonthewall
01-17-2003, 07:04 PM
Should look good, i like Riviera's.

Sidewinder-03
01-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Man, I can never find one of those.Looks great so far.Are you going to chop the top,I would.

WHIZ
01-17-2003, 07:33 PM
I'm going to attempt to build an exact replica minus the scallops from the rendering at the top of the page! I doubt Im going to chop it. I'm more worried about the amount of chrome I'm gonna have to foil onto this thing.:D

Lownslow
01-17-2003, 10:37 PM
:eek: Fuck i knew someone here was going to do that too oh well yours might be done before mines. im adding the scallops theyr not that hard

WHIZ
01-18-2003, 12:17 AM
Im just getting started in trying to get good painting techniques down. Thats why Im a lil hesitant to mask out the scallops as seen above. I think they add an awesome touch, but Im just not sure I can pull it off without ruining it. hehe

WHIZ
02-04-2003, 07:40 PM
I've been working on filling the frame rails here lately, after a lil bit of primer i see a few ares that need more work...... back to the putty and sanding. I figure any hot rodder worth thier weight in gold would have filled the frame rails anywhere they would be seen by the general public.
I finally picked up the paint for it, now Im just not sure what color to do the frame. I've considered gloss black, but I almost feel like that would be to dull.

WHIZ
02-04-2003, 07:43 PM
heres a shot of the rear frame rails for comparison against the front which has been filled and sanded..... ENJOY

whiz

Purpura Delujo
02-05-2003, 03:46 AM
This will be a sweet looking model when you finish it, I would do the scallops, it just wouldn't be the same without them. They add alot of character in my opinion. Good luck and I hope you have fun on it!

Add your comment to this topic!