Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Break In Period????

FLYIN Z
01-13-2003, 09:59 PM
I just bought my Z about a week ago and i am sorta in the process of breaking it in but i cant do this shi*. I started breaking it in and then i just said :finger: the break in period. The a guy told me that i should break it in to 1000 miles but whn i bought my car the dealer said 500 miles then some other guys i meet said there is no break in period so if anyone knows what the break in period is PLEASE tell me so i can either stop ripping on my Z till it is brokin in or keep having a GOOD time? Thanks.

Landbarger
01-14-2003, 06:26 PM
I'd give it 500 miles at least just to be safe. I wouldn't think opening it up straight from the dealer would kill it, but it doesn't seem healthy either.

Neutrino
01-15-2003, 02:10 AM
It should be good about 500 miles but if you ask me i'll take the safe way and wait till 1000. What do you have to lose. 500 more miles won't kill you. I know you ache to open it up but for such an amzing car i say its worth the wait.

kahboom
06-10-2003, 04:48 PM
I feel ya... I just got a G35 coupe and the recommended break in period is 1200 per the manual. I have reved it up 4 times already simply because I wasn't used to the power and the car revs up so quick. I am trying to be careful however.

Does it hurt to occasionally slip during the break in period???

NissanGuy76
06-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Guys this car was built for speed, it isnt a buick!
Of course you want your rings and pistons to ply and Seat well but it will not hurt that car to get on it a little!

P.S.
The VQ engine is one of the best v6's ever made and I wouldnt worry too much about it.I work for a nissan dealership in Houston and study my product well.

Add your comment to this topic!