Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Just went to the hobbyshop...

bigfrit
01-13-2003, 04:02 AM
I just went to my hobbyshop in search for compound, but they didn't have it, so to celebrate my good exam, I bought myself some stuff.

I love my Jag, it's just something I d never expected to see in modelcar-land! Have any of you seen-made this kit ??
Also do you have any suggestions on the color? and I l problably change the rims also, they r just plain ugly and small.
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/672669Hobbyshop.jpg

flyonthewall
01-13-2003, 04:17 AM
A fine selection u got there:) Think you should make a start on that Jag first, white looks good on it.

Jonno
01-13-2003, 04:22 AM
Got any in-box photos of the Jag?

Guido
01-13-2003, 04:24 AM
I know that kit, well I've seen it before, that is.
My suggestions:
Colour - Deep Metallic green with beige interior.
Rims - I'd keep 'em, just to keep the car in original state ;)

What shop did you go to?

Guido
ps. congrats with the results on the exam!

:)

bigfrit
01-13-2003, 04:34 AM
:) Thanks!
Well, I guess I'll do my car in Racing white after all.
And I guess you're right huudo, Factory stock rims, because this car would look kinda goofy (pimp? ) without them.

huudo; went to Albatros Model shop (Mechelen)

and thug; here aer the box pics.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/867452Doos1.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/388715Doos3.jpg

OZracing
01-13-2003, 04:35 AM
The Jag looks great:eek: ...How about going for Tamiya's Racing White for the body.....it kinda gives a classic white.....anyway just a suggestion....final decision is up to you...:p :D

OZracing
01-13-2003, 04:38 AM
OOpss:o ...seems to be i'm repeating..haha...sorry guys..didn't notice the post earlier......:sun:

Vagabond_se7en
01-13-2003, 06:26 AM
Do they also sell the Tamiya compound and modelling wax in that shop cuz I finally found me a shop in Belgium that sells it but it's in Antwerp and Mechelen is closer to me when I'm in Brussels?

P.S.: I love Jags too (currently working on the XJ220 again, I allrdy have two but this time I wanted to do it in the original silver aluminium)

935k3
01-13-2003, 07:28 AM
I built the TWR custom version of the sedan. As far as I can remember there were no problems at all and it builds up to be a very nice looking model.

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-13-2003, 07:42 AM
http://images.fotki.com/v9/photos/1/10258/17860/XJS1-or.jpg

They look decent built stock, small wheels and all-this is what they looked like in real life. This is my old sedan version. I also have the TWR version to build, I'll go a bit more aggressive w/the wheels on it. Don't remember any problems building this one, but it was done many years ago. Nice V12 too.

bigfrit
01-13-2003, 08:53 AM
Wow, nice looking jag!
Well thanks everybody for your input!

So the verdict is ; Tamiya Racing white, factory stock wheels, and I ll be using rubbing compound for the first time, I really want a super-shiny paintjob this time (just like the two vettes :) )

Also I have a little question for you guys ;

Has somebody ever made a Wave - model???

I had never heard of this brand, but their box-art is really nice (renault gordini; Renault Alpine Rallye...) I was wondering if they are good and nice to build? .............................:confused:

Veyron
01-13-2003, 09:17 AM
I had never heard of this brand, but their box-art is really nice (renault gordini; Renault Alpine Rallye...) I was wondering if they are good and nice to build? .............................

Those kits and the Wave Porsche 908 are reboxed Heller/Union kits.:)

bigfrit
01-13-2003, 09:28 AM
:eek:

Thanks for pointing that out to me !!

I almost bought one of those!!:D

Therefor I don't mean it's crap, it's just that you need a Whole lot of skill to make them :rolleyes: Yes, they are crap ;)

Jonno
01-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by bigfrit
Therefor I don't mean it's crap, it's just that you need a Whole lot of skill to make them :rolleyes: Yes, they are crap ;)

:hehehe: :hehe: :devil:

Thanks for those pics, a dude around the corner owns one of those cars, I like it :smoker2: ...

But then again, I like any car....

Add your comment to this topic!