Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

DC headers

Goosse
01-12-2003, 05:13 AM
Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm thinking of buying one. Also, at what price do they usualy run?

Thanks

Veetec
01-12-2003, 08:34 AM
I donīt have got any personal experiences with DC headers but I know that it is quality stuff and you should see a "good" gain with it on your Civic. Maybe you should ask the question in the Civic-Forum again!?

AccordCE8
01-12-2003, 10:37 AM
I haven't got any personal experience also...but what i've heard about it, it's all positive...

Goosse
01-13-2003, 05:20 AM
OK thanks guys. I guess I'll be cracking my bank account again:D

jcrx
01-14-2003, 01:57 AM
I've had 'em a on a couple motors they look nice and work well.I've never done dyno comparisons but it did feel a little stronger,of course I've used them in conjunction with other mods,so it's hard to say.

Veetec
01-14-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by jcrx
of course I've used them in conjunction with other mods,so it's hard to say. I think you also need a good catback system to see a gain out of the new header. It wonīt perform well enough for its price with just a new muffler. What exhaust system do you use, Goosse?

Goosse
01-14-2003, 01:22 PM
I have got a Nakayama exhaust for now, but it's not so much that I was planning on buying the DC header, it's just that I've been offered on at a price it's hard to refuse:)

jcrx
01-15-2003, 12:13 AM
If the header is in good shape and you aren't presently running one why not pick it up?Most of the time they are better than stock(I've seen some nice stock ones)and will bump you up at least a couple horses,at least in the top end.:D

Goosse
01-15-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by jcrx
If the header is in good shape and you aren't presently running one why not pick it up?Most of the time they are better than stock(I've seen some nice stock ones)and will bump you up at least a couple horses,at least in the top end.:D

Yep, already did. I made the phonecall yesterday:)

Thanks for the advice guys

Veetec
01-15-2003, 07:49 AM
Just get an aftermarket a-pipe (??) and you have got a complete catback system! ;)

Add your comment to this topic!