Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Camera Question?!?!?

fullbloodchop01
01-09-2003, 04:02 PM
im lookin for a goood camera to take pics of my models and for other things also but i know that for models megapixels are better right? what a real good setting to for in a camera???:confused:

clatescivicr
01-09-2003, 04:09 PM
Anything over 3 you probably won't notice the difference and those pictures would be HUGE! Not even at the highest setting and I bring my JPEGs into photoshop they are over a MB big and 1600 x 1200 ;)

Mine is only a 2.x mega pixel Olympus camera. there new 3 mega pixel is only $300 with zoom(optical and digital)

Olympus and Canon make great cameras

Originally posted by fullbloodchop01
im lookin for a goood camera to take pics of my models and for other things also but i know that for models megapixels are better right? what a real good setting to for in a camera???:confused:

MaukaRunner
01-09-2003, 04:16 PM
I got a Nikon 4300 which I like. The most important thing is how much you want to spend.

My Nikon cost me $469 + tax

It has 4+ Mega Pixels

There are lots of 2 Megapixel cameras around for mid $200's to low $300 range

I am a Sony fan but their cameras haven't impressed me recently. Just remember that Digitals need good lighting compared to a film camera. Try to borrow someones camera or at least take a picture and load it to your computer so you can compare the pics between the different cameras.

When I was shopping I borrowed a Friends Sony P9 and my work Nikon 885. They are about the same and in the end I got similar pictures but the Sony one took a lot of work to get the pictures nice. The Nikon took good pics from the start without much effort. That's why I went with the Nikon.

Hope this helps.

fullbloodchop01
01-09-2003, 04:20 PM
well what i mean is that some people have crappy photos when they try to take close pics of there cars, i want a camera that wil have awsome pice up close so what do i need to look for, for that???

Jay!
01-09-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by fullbloodchop01
well what i mean is that some people have crappy photos when they try to take close pics of there cars, i want a camera that wil have awsome pice up close so what do i need to look for, for that??? Macro function.

Integra14
A have a KODAK 4320 and it works great! it was 199.99$ american

MaukaRunner
It's not the camera, it's the photographer. I see and have done lots of crappy digital pics because I did not get enough light on the subject. Most digital cameras don't take good closeups with the on camera flash since the flash is positioned away from the lens. You gotta light the subject from behind and make sure you don't block the light.

You would be amazed how well of a picture a crappy camera can take if you follow general photography rules.

TheSyndicate
01-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Sony's newer cybershot cameras (at least mine) has a multi-autofocus lens so there is no macro function. I recommend www.dpreview.com as a start for a camera to buy. Sony's downside is they use their own proprietary Memory Stick, compared to Compactflash, etc. that other brands use.

Suislide
01-09-2003, 10:00 PM
i just got a Kodak DX38xx for christmas, and i can say it's an awesome camera. 2.2 megapix. and an MPEG function, but the macro isn't as great as it could be, although maybe once i get used to the camera i'll figure out how to do close-up's better.

bvia
01-09-2003, 10:13 PM
My Nikon Coolpix 995 has a wicked Macro function with a focus range of 2cm (and can fill the entire lense at 2048 x 1536 from .7" from the target)
Bill
:bandit:

fullbloodchop01
01-19-2003, 06:31 PM
ok, is 2cm macro focus camera better than a camera w/ a 10cm macro focus better?

TheSyndicate
01-19-2003, 06:42 PM
2cm macro is excellent, but it isn't cheap. i doubt you'd ever get that close, but it makes overall macro images better by having less distortion and sharper focus.

bvia
01-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Yes. a 2CM macro focus means you can get as close as 2CM's from the model and still have the entire frame filled and in focus. You can only get 10CM close with a 10CM macro focus model.
hth,
Bill
:bandit:

Ranger_X
01-20-2003, 05:29 PM
nikon cameras are without a doubt the best for macro ability, but their cheap models do have downfalls in many other categories.

I just bought a canon powershot A40. Its really good for everything. My macro focus range is only a min of 13cm, but I'm gonna get a lens which will bring that down to about 3-5cm :D

Forhod
01-21-2003, 09:15 AM
http://www.panasonic.com.sg/pressrlsimg/204.jpg
This is the camera I am currently using.. Pretty good though it does not have marco settings but you can take close picstures by bringing the camera towards the object.

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/high/press_article.cfm?pid=204&year=2001 Read here for more details.http://www.panasonic.com.sg/consumer/index.cfm?type=products&product_id=460 Features.

Add your comment to this topic!