Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bad Paint Jobs.....beware!!!!!

elvis889
01-09-2003, 03:33 PM
all you hopeful z owners out there beware of a paint problem on the 2003 350z's ...this is my story...
Took delivery (at night) of a new redline red touring model from "nissan world of red bank" in new jersey about 45 days ago..about 15 days later I noticed several paint chips on the drivers door which the paint appeared to be "flaking" off from the inside out right down to the metal. brought the car back to show the service manager who also pointed out to me that my paint job had an excess of "orange peel" which is caused by a bad paint job and is highly noticeable and unatractive especially on a "hot" car like the z. after several weeks of arguing with nissan they finally agreed to repaint the entire vehicle for me..I myself have noticed several other z's with the same problem so check your paint jobs very good nissan may have goofed up and put a paint job not suitable for a soccer mom's minivan on the sportscar of the year!!!!

ninespot9
02-08-2003, 10:36 AM
I took delivery of my 350 Black right out of the detail shop. There is a blemish 2" x 3" on the hood of the car. It appears to be between the base coat and the clear coat.
The NISSAN rep has authorized the hood to be repainted. At this time I do not want to repaint the entire hood or a portion of the hood. I am afraid I will end of sacrificing this blem for something else when they do the work.
I am contacting NISSAN to see if they would extend the warranty on the paint and corrosion coverage.
I feel the same way. This was an expensive NEW vehicle and we got a bad paint job!:mad:

Zpresence
02-08-2003, 04:41 PM
I can tell you that they might as well paint the whole hood, there is no blending a hood. I've been a painter for ten years, check out some of my posts as to the problems I'm having, transmission problems at 3,000 miles and so on. Here's my ZZZ's

scream z
03-04-2003, 03:10 AM
I was wondering what ever come about with your car.
Nissan agreed to repaint my car also, but my dealer
told me to take it to BBB line...I still haven't heard
from Nissan, but the dealer as ordered me another
car from factory....If they decide just to paint the car, I
have the option to trade....
Keep me posted and i'll do the same...

Thanks

themodelkid
03-23-2003, 04:19 PM
This same thing has happend to my mom's car, a chrysler sebring, (sorry for it being off subject), and also happend to my dad's black silverado, and we have had 2 350z's come into the shop for an estimate for a new paint job becouse of bad paint. (work at body shop) Why the hell are auto makers being so cheap on their vehicles the last couple years? Its all to save money. Stupid cheap bastars!:( Just by seing all of this, and the price of new cars, there is no point in buying a new car for me, good used cars are the way to go!:D :smoka:

kaoru-tochiro
03-31-2003, 12:12 PM
Are these cars shipped all the way from Japan?, maybe the salty air of the boat ride messed up the paint?:evillaugh

DMC12
03-31-2003, 12:37 PM
Perhaps its a combination of the factory rushing to get the Zs out here & the Long Beach strike (cars sat in salty, misty air for quite a while) that is causing problems?

Originally posted by themodelkid
there is no point in buying a new car for me, good used cars are the way to go
I'm starting to believe this is the best solution - buy an older car that has been totally resto-modded. It will be cheaper than a new car & have all the bugs worked out of it already.

kaoru-tochiro
03-31-2003, 02:08 PM
Evil scientist man, you stole my idea!:p you probably do evil experiments on kitties!

dharley326
08-21-2005, 09:02 PM
Nissan repainted my black 350z 3 times and it is still a bad paint job. Thay took it to a local body shop for the work. Nissan is trying to make me take it but it has fisheyes and scratch all in the paint. When I took the car to them it had 511mil it now has over 800mil on it. I only had the car for 45 days thay got it 5/31/05 to be repainted.

Add your comment to this topic!