Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trim Level Insurance Rates

KentEX
01-08-2003, 10:02 PM
I am most likely selling my 2002 Celica GT for a car that doesn't qualify as a sports car on my insurance. My friend is also looking for a car.
Both of us are interested in Integras, I owned a 2nd gen as my first car. We are both looking at 3rd generations. I have the trade in on my current car, ($17-16k) plus $2000. He has around $10k.

We live in Michigan, are we better off buying from another state? Some states I know blue book cars at differnt prices, would we be better off buying in Ohio, or Indiana? Also what should we be looking for. Insurance is also an issue, why Im trading in the first place. I am 18, and he will be getting his in a couple of months when he turns 18. Do the differnt trim levels make a difference in insurance rates? If so are we better off buying LS's and then converting to VTEC, as opposed to buying a GSR? Also does anyone recommend the GS or RS? I heard those two are not worth buying if you intend to modify. But I know the LS can be converted and the GSR already has VTEC.

Any help for a couple of Newbies would be great.

Melt
01-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Dunno about the trim level thing, but if you guys go for 4dr's it will drop your insurance quite a bit.

KrNxRaCer00
01-09-2003, 11:52 PM
im 18, an have 3 tickets on my record, and an accident (yes i kno thats bad), an my insurance as a SECONDARY driver is around 200 a month. its pretty steep, but if u have a clean record, go GSR, then build off the VTEC head, but if u don't, get LS, an build an LS/VTEC...those put up nice numbers. plus, if u have all that money left over, simply buying an LS, u could put a great motor together...let me kno, i wanna kno how u guys end up workin it out. :D

stefan525
01-11-2003, 03:50 PM
I own a 98 civic dx hb and pay $290/six mos. for basic coverage. But I have a B18c1 drop in it and its faster than any integra. The rates are cheeper, car is cheeper and power to weight ratio is better. Save some money and get your self a hybird.

civic dx $4k-6k
GSR swap $3k-4k

total about $10K instead of the $20k for the integra.

KrNxRaCer00
01-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by stefan525
I own a 98 civic dx hb and pay $290/six mos. for basic coverage. But I have a B18c1 drop in it and its faster than any integra. The rates are cheeper, car is cheeper and power to weight ratio is better. Save some money and get your self a hybird.

civic dx $4k-6k
GSR swap $3k-4k

total about $10K instead of the $20k for the integra.

20k for an integra? i paid 8700 for mine, an its a 94. the integras got slower as they got newer too, so wut would the point be of buying a new one if u want to mod it? o...u can't really say u are faster than ANY integra. cuz i mean...look at the pro integras that run 10's. u faster than them? heh, should be "i am faster than any STOCK integra." cuz then...u'll prolly be rite...cept for the itr. i mean it weighs only a little more an has more power from the stock motor. sorry, but i do agree u are faster than any gsr or below integra stock, but u can't say u are faster than any integra...could jus have been a mistake to make it that broad, all good tho. :D

stefan525
01-12-2003, 12:03 AM
k let me put that in terms so you can understand what my point was. Civic + Swap = cheep insurance rates and faster than integras with the same motor. Thats all. I know im not faster than the Pro's but, it's fast enough to pull 14.9 on the 1/4. So take it the way you want, but the questione was about the ins. rates. So that was my point for the most part.

KrNxRaCer00
01-12-2003, 03:19 AM
oui. understand now. :D ...cept...type r still beats u...haha, s'all good, u are rite, the insurance on civic is much cheaper on civic.

CrazyFukr
01-12-2003, 12:10 PM
you could spend $6000 on the DX, the shittiest civic model there is

**ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR**

you could spend $3000 on a 2nd gen integra GS

civics are economy cars not sports cars until you FI your engine civics just suck compared to integras

(sorry for the civic hate, theres a group of cocky faggots at my school with civics that only have exhaust tips and rims who think they run 11s 1/4 mile)

Add your comment to this topic!