Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RSX: "luxury sport coupe" or loud, fast, and furious?

arjungfx
10-01-2001, 08:00 PM
Hey. This is my first post here. I have been looking at cars for a while now, and lately I have been obsessed with the Audi S4. That has been my dream car recently, and I have explored many of its tuning options and performance data, even though it already is a very fast sport sedan.

The real spirit within me, however, calls for a real sports car. I can't put out more than about 42K fully loaded.

The Integra type R since 97 has been another dream car of mine... the thought of that in yellow with all the mods...mmm, i like that.

Now I have become interested in the RSX. From reading the excellent reviews and checking out info on the car, I am loving what I see. However, there is something I need to be cleared up. I know that the RSX can be heavily modified, or at least it will be capable soon. What I want to know is.... as a regular RSX Type-S, would you consider the car a fast sportscar with a focus on performance, or would you consider it a simple sports coupe, competing with the Celica and the Merc C230 Kompressor, etc etc. I am stuck between these two interpretations that I seem to see everywhere, and I am wondering what you think. When I look at the Integra Type R, i think loud, low, and fast. I am curious to know if the RSX Type S contains that spirit or is it more of a luxury coupe like so many others.

please help me out...

F20C
10-02-2001, 03:07 AM
RSX-S was not built for the track like Type R. However it is made for performance in mind. Celica GT-S have 6 speed but in reality it's really only 5 speed. The 6th gear on GT-S was design for mpg purpose. It is a different story for RSX-S 6 speed. It's gear aggressively for performance. The car has good handling and enough everyday feature to keep people happy.

DVSNCYNIKL
10-02-2001, 09:29 AM
You could consider it a sport coupe. It is performance oriented and built that way. Since it was meant to replace the Integra Type-R, it has to have certain performance options. I'm looking into getting one also and have test driven it already. I am definitely hooked on this car and want to get it soon.

Add your comment to this topic!