Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Riced Forester?

KentEX
01-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Okay, I totalled my Civic, and bought a Celica. However the Celica has mad insurance rates because its a sports car. So I might be trading her in for something I bit more economical on the insurance side.

I love Subarus. Anyways Foresters seem to go cheap for resale ( I figure i wont get full value on my Celica even though its brand new with less then 2000 miles on it) In Japan over Christmas I saw several Foresters that seemed to be mildly tuned. However searching online has yeilded few results on parts in English. I understand that the Forester like the Outback is built on the Legacy platform is this correct? If so would Legacy aftermarket bolt onto a Forester with minimal modification? If this is true I could rather easily create a Forester that could beat several of the more common Rice Rockets such as the many civic that fill the scene. If anyone has information on this please post it. Thanks.

nappyleon
01-08-2003, 08:10 AM
I have a 98 Subaru Forrester S/TB here in Japan. I have tried myself looking for parts online and in Japan. It is hard to find parts for the Forrester without having to pay a buttload of money. They have some good stuff from Prova, Eiffel, and Team Zero Sports. But I am not too sure if it built on the same platform as the legacy outback.

Subie Gal
01-16-2003, 04:41 PM
acutally the Forester = the Impreza chassis

and most suspension bits will work...
strut bars, sway bars etc...

there are clear lights, sti bits...
and in 2004 rumor is the turbo forester's will be hitting our shores...
search, dig... there's lots of stuff out there!!

(try looking and searching on www.nasioc.com)

Jamie
www.subiegalracing.com||www.allsubaru.com

dayna240sx
09-18-2003, 10:10 AM
and in 2004 rumor is the turbo forester's will be hitting our shores...
search, dig... there's lots of stuff out there!!

replying to an old post....

but as you know it is already here... as the Forester XT..

Cobb has tuning parts for it... atleast he has an ECU reflash availible for it...

kcohen
11-26-2003, 10:17 AM
http://www.subaruforester.com
Tons of info and nice friendly people to help you out with your tuning/mod needs :)

Add your comment to this topic!