Zex vs. Gude vs. Crower Cams

civic98stunna
01-03-2003, 02:36 AM
Alright, i'm about to get a cam for my 98 civic Ex d16y8 sohc vtec. I've heard excellent things about the Zex cam, but haven't heard so much about crower or gude, or even skunk2. I'm looking for the most bang for the buck, but i want reliablitity and streetability as well. I already have the cam gear waiting, so it'll be tuned correctly. any help guyz?

whtteg
01-08-2003, 05:31 PM
I personally like the crower cam for the Non-vtec, my friend has a set and it is a significant increase, but they are on a integra ls. I have heard ppl say that skunk2 is the way to go with the vtec. And I have heard nothing about the zex cam.Hope this helps.:D

liquid8
04-14-2003, 05:15 PM
on import tuner they said good things about the zex cam also. i think the experience that skunk2 has would make them a good choice too. i need to talk to my girlfriends cousin to find out what cam he has because i think he has the gude one and his car kicks ass. but it has a lot of stuff done to it.

Frostbyte
04-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Gude is the best cam that you can get hands down for the SOHC. I would not go with the Skunk's on the SOHC you get better power out of the Gude.

sohcvtec
04-20-2003, 11:45 PM
i had the "street" cam from zex in my single cam civic it was great lots of power but wish i would have got the "street/strip" version. skunk2 is always good but for the price you should get the zex "street/strip"

luti
04-21-2003, 05:58 AM
I have the ZEX Stage 1 or street cam and I love it, tons of extra power everywhere, especially midrange boost in hp/tourqe.

Kill4A911
04-22-2003, 09:20 PM
i really love the crower #12 i have but with the stock rev limit i think im really missing alot of its potential

Add your comment to this topic!