Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need a new project

Tony
01-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Hey, well just found this place the other day, and might I say, everyone does a damn fine job with their models here. I was just wondering if everyone here could give me an opinion on what car should be my next project. I just moved into this new house and I'm bored out of my mind, I can't play computer games all the time like I usually do and there are no good PS2 games in this house, so I am stuck with nothing. Need a new project. I am going to do a lot of reading from this page before I actually start this one because I want it to look good. I am definitely an import car guy, if that helps out any.

Alright enough rambling...on with the suggestions.

Oh yea, here is a link to my last project, back when I was into doing "show" stuff to cars.

98 Integra (http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?Profileid=10171)

Purpura Delujo
01-03-2003, 03:56 AM
If you are a fan of imports alot of people here suggest a Tamiya Nissan Skyline GTR R34, or a Tamiya Honda S2000. There are alot more kits that would be great to get back into modelling with, I think that is what you are doing? Just about anything Tamiya will be great for you to do, because you like imports. I would suggest the new Tamiya R34 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II, I think it looks great. The Integra looks great by the way.

Forhod
01-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Or try the Enzo! :devil: :devil:

Tony
01-03-2003, 02:34 PM
Thanks lowrider, I was thinking about doing a Skyline kit, just didn't know which one to do. And you were right on me starting up again, its been about 6 months since I did that Integra. Thanks for the compliment.
What is it with the Enzo? I have heard a lot about this.

Jay!
01-03-2003, 05:06 PM
I vote for an NSX. :cool:

supratuner
01-03-2003, 08:41 PM
i think its time for another ITR

Purpura Delujo
01-03-2003, 08:48 PM
The Enzo is Ferraris newest creation if you haven't noticed, its had alot of hype around it because of its power and its name. In my opinion its just another Ferrari, nothing too special. I think that the Skyline or as Jay said, an NSX would probably be the best to start with because they are from what i've heard, great kits. Have you checked the Car Modellling Gallery yet? Its got alot of very nice models in it that may help you decide which kit you would like to buy. A Ferrari 360 Modena or Spider might be a good start aswell.

Tony
01-03-2003, 11:32 PM
thanks guys, so far its more between the R34 and a ITR. Don't know, I might try to find some of cars from Initial D. I know they make kits of those. Just as long as you all keep giving me ideas, I'll start making a list and just start going through it, make take me awhile, but I really want to get back into doing this. Just gotta get all the right tools again.

Purpura Delujo
01-04-2003, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't suggest the Initial D cars from Fujimi. Fujimi are probably the shittiest model maker around. They only sell models because they make so many of them that other companies don't. I'm still urging you to get that R34 GTR V-Spec II. I have the Fujimi Initial D FC RX7 and the suspension was so complicated that I just left it and now i'm cutting it up and making a drag car out of it. A Tamiya R32 GTR Skyline has engine detail so you could customize it a little bit more if you wanted. But get whatever you want, i'm just telling you that don't expect good things from Fujimi.

Tony
01-04-2003, 12:07 AM
I think I might at least try one from Fujimi. So far the only ones I have done are Revell, so I'm up to see the differences between them all.

Jay!
01-04-2003, 03:19 AM
Well, what car do you like? :rolleyes: ;)

Add your comment to this topic!