home made nitro kit

mad max 98
12-30-2002, 11:46 AM
hay dudes, did anybody ever tried to make a cheap nitro kit i saw that web site for aguy called john williamson and he explains how to make it check it out and let me know ur opinion and f u pls send some pictures of ur engine with the nitro kit on it;) :smoker2: thaanks

MaximusGTR
01-02-2003, 02:36 PM
Sounds Fishy To Me

MaxPayne
01-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Seems like this guy is a serious Hobby tuner. I checked out his website located here: http://www.dynopower.freeserve.co.uk/nitrous_oxide/

Any way you cut it, you will still be shelling out some $$ for nitrous. You still need the injection systems and the electronics. This guy besicaly reverse engineered an existing Nitrous system and built himself one based on it.

mad max 98
01-03-2003, 04:11 PM
i'm a serious tuner too i do everything on my max etc. but i never missed with nitro b4 and i figured i have enough common sense not to blow up my babe and in the same time i dont have enough money to buy the very basic kits so i deciced to work my way up with nitro:devil: so my ? was where to put the jets :confused:

mad max 98
01-05-2003, 09:11 PM
can somebody help me please

Paonessa
01-06-2003, 02:17 PM
nitrous is cheezy. at the tracks around here cars with nitrous get booed when they run.

mad max 98
01-17-2003, 05:30 PM
hey:(

97wvmax
01-17-2003, 05:35 PM
i wouldnt do that man, somethin could go wrong. and BOOM, no more max

bk2kmax
01-17-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by 97wvmax
i wouldnt do that man, somethin could go wrong. and BOOM, no more max

Well first off, it's not really nitrous, it's n20 and second the n20 is not a flammable gas regardless of what you say on that dumb @$$ movie the Fast & Furious, so I would say as long as you're not running to high of a shot, you should be fine.

I believe the wet kit is safer and as long as you get jets big enough to handle the charge and you probably should see if you need to change your fuel rails, maybe add bigger injectors.

Make sure that you calibrate or optimize your fuel to air ratio, you don't want to run too lean or too rich. Usually people who damage their engine have done so because they didn't do anything to change the setup, they just added the n20 system and ran it, usually ran too big of a shot and bam>there goes your engine.
I could be wrong though, I read this somewhere, so it's just my .02, please don't shoot the messenger.

mad max 98
01-18-2003, 05:28 PM
first, nitrous oxide and n2o are the same thing :mad: second n20 isnt flamable what so everrrrrrrrrrrrrr, n2o is a gas in room temerture and is called laughing gas cuz it stimulates ur diaphragm and make u laugh , when it gets too hot it turns to 2 parts of nitrogen and 1 part oooooxigenn, without fuel its comletely inflamable:devil: read the whole thread, the same thing was posted on one of my replies
again the ? was where to place the jets?????????????:rolleyes:

ConMasta
01-20-2003, 10:30 PM
I assume youre driving a Maxima, which has a V6 engine. Correct? V6 engines therefore have 2 intake manifolds. For a direct port setup, the N20 or nitrous... (I like saying nitrous cause it sounds cooler =) jets will be placed on each intake runner. So, youll need 6, one for each cylinder basically, drilled onto the intake manifold and jetting toward the cylinders.

I plan on making my own nitrous injection system based on the website, but theres one problem. Getting to the manifold itself is quite a hassle... going through your sparkplugs, injectors etc, and my level of experience so far has been mainly book knowledge. Anyways, Ill let you know how it goes.

Conan

ConMasta
01-20-2003, 10:32 PM
I think Im wrong about the 2 intake manifolds.... someone correct me

Conan

mad max 98
01-21-2003, 12:21 AM
we only have one manifold that has 6 runners, i have a ? how does the ecu sense that extra o2 for a 60 shot nitro and where exactly do u drill the manifold, btw i heard that with nx kit 70 shots max u dont have to change ur fuel system or timing thats why i asked about the ecu sensing the o2 ,, thanx:D

bk2kmax
01-21-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by mad max 98
we only have one manifold that has 6 runners, i have a ? how does the ecu sense that extra o2 for a 60 shot nitro and where exactly do u drill the manifold, btw i heard that with nx kit 70 shots max u dont have to change ur fuel system or timing thats why i asked about the ecu sensing the o2 ,, thanx:D

Not sure about your first question but I've heard the same thing about not having to make any changes to your fuel system and timing, maybe we should check with the fellaz on the org.

Do a search on the org and they will definitely have someone over there who knows, those guys have done just about everything possible to the Max.

mad max 98
01-22-2003, 05:59 PM
ypu know bk2k every time i read any thread i see assholes making fun of people and making a big deal out of any ? u cant post any ? anymore cuz some dumb ass will make fun of u for 2 hours in a long ass reply then he ll say go to search button:mad:

DMC12
01-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by MaxPayne
Seems like this guy is a serious Hobby tuner. I checked out his website located here: http://www.dynopower.freeserve.co.uk/nitrous_oxide/

Any way you cut it, you will still be shelling out some $$ for nitrous. You still need the injection systems and the electronics. This guy besicaly reverse engineered an existing Nitrous system and built himself one based on it.
I wonder what the total cost of making your own system VS. just buying one off-the-shelf is:confused:

Regardless, its a good site to learn more about nitrous :smoker2:

Add your comment to this topic!