Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where do they get their cars?

supratuner
12-30-2002, 10:06 AM
where do hobby shops by their model car kits?

can anyone put down a link
im interested in selling model car kits on my site in the future and need to know wherre to get them at

thanx

flyonthewall
12-30-2002, 01:21 PM
From the distributors. Looked into it myself, my conclusion is that its hardly worth it. Consider the fact that the wholesale price for the kits is more than it is to buy from HLJ etc, direct from Japan, then you may very well come to the same conclusion. Also, Tamiya's distributor require a £5000 deposit for online retailers who don't have a shop front.

Of course i'm just talking about the situation here in the UK, yo may find things different there???

clatescivicr
12-30-2002, 03:27 PM
I don't sell models, but I have started up my own small business with stereo equipment, and even when people say they are a small business(unless they have a lot of hookups) there is A LOT of work involved and you will need $$$ upfront, especially if your an "internet" seller. I would take the guys advice from above since he has actually tried it, although it could be different in the use for models. I have also pondered the idea of selling on the side, but from my audio business I know what I would be getting myself into and I don't nearly have enough time.

fw6396
12-31-2002, 12:04 AM
You can try here
http://www.best1hobby.com/wholesale.html

Add your comment to this topic!