Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I hate Okinawa when it rains

racingbreed20
12-29-2002, 05:19 AM
Wet coral sucks it really sucks..... and now I see why its worse when your car is RWD. So there I was heading back home after taking my girl to a doctors appointment and dropping her and her friend off in Mihama(Jusco). I'm driving on RT 58 when my car does a little jig. No biggie I get under control. I'm only going 50kph in third gear but as anyone who's ever driven on Okinawa before they know how bad the roads suck when it rains. Well My cars' rear end comes flying out again only this time there is no tire/road contact. Yup I'm on that thin layer of water and coral dust. Next thing you know I'm plowing into a 12 inch median in a car that rides around 4inches. Now there's no body damage only the front two wheels go up on the median thank God! But as I found out on my way home after my bad ass rail slide not all escaped unharmed. Hmm why is my steering wheel tilted 45 deg and I'm going straight. Gets out of car...*looks* Why is there camber in the passenger side wheel?? Looks like the A-arm(I think thats what its called) on that side took most of the impact. It was bent bad. Well I'm on another night shift with all the time in the world to think about how I'm going to get this thing up and running(straight) by next week. I still haven't gone under the front for a look...bad ball joints too...UUGH! At least its only seems to be one side that bit it hard. Until I can get it fixed I'm stranded...Someone tell me a good skyline story to cheer me up.:mad:

SkylineUSA
12-29-2002, 08:40 AM
racingbreed20,
Sorry, to hear about that.

Story: I went to me Nan's last night, driving on the M25 around London, when a Ferrari F355 comes up besides me and then slows down. This DUDE rolls down his window and points at my GTR, and laughs. We were going about 65mph. I was kind of ticked, so I turned on my Boost controller as he started to roll up his window. I dropped to 3rd and punched, I get almost 5 car lengths on him when he floors it. I look at my speedo and I am about to hit 90, so I slow down. Street racing is pretty stupid, I just wanted to show the guy what the GTR has. As I start to slow down, DUDE shoots passed me, but he is not slowing. I think he was doing about 125, when I noticed the police car that was about 1/2 mile a head of me. By the time I saw the cop I was down to 82mph. Ferrari King go nailed:D He was pointing at me when I drove by, I gave him the quick :flipa: salute

Point is don't street race, even if you know you can win. :D

RazorGTR
12-29-2002, 03:58 PM
Rain ?!? shesssssssh I am sick of rain after this last winter here considering it rained nearly 90% of the days from the end of May to the end of October.

R33
01-06-2003, 10:50 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident racingbreed. Sky, the Ferrari dude was atotal asshole if u asked me! He deserved to be whupped by you and to be ticketed by the officer...

SkylineUSA
01-07-2003, 01:54 AM
He got his. :D

Gonthrax
01-07-2003, 01:54 PM
Oh dude, that that r0x0rs like... Totaly! It's just like in TFATF when sux0rs Ferrari dude thinks he can jam on teh Supra...

Lol, sorry, had to :o

Anywho, sorry to hear 'bout your encounter w/ the median. I bent my tierod end in a hydroplaning incident like that last year :(

moondog
01-09-2003, 06:04 AM
Bugger. Real sorry to hear that dude. Hope you get her all sorted.

Rain = bad for Skyline driving. Strangely, I have a whale which doesn't like water :p Aquaplaning is A Bad Thing. Been getting it a bit just at a few particular points on the motorway when it's wet. Most of the water is fine, but just a couple of places leave you feeling very very weird. Most unpleasant. :uhoh: Also, I have to drive like a total nana in the wet anyway. 1/3 to 1/2 throttle in 2nd gear and the car starts going sideways - and that's at like 3000 rpm. Maybe I should get a bigger turbo that won't spool till 4000 :p And off the lights??!?!?!??!!? No way. Pretty much anything would be able to take me, cos my wheels just start spinning, and I don't go anywhere, unless I ease off at a snail's pace. Most annoying.

I've managed to avoid hitting anything, thankfully.

R33
01-09-2003, 05:53 PM
If you live over here, you wud go dead in a week! Coz the monsoon rain over here is just mad! I used to go shitty every time it rained. Installed the HKS ETC...no more problem. It's the best single electronic mod I hv made on my car. Try it! U won regret it.

Forsteen
02-06-2003, 07:26 AM
I know what you mean RacingBreed20. Been here over two years now and I've done a couple 360's before. Got to drive her real slow. I've just upgraded a lot of sh1t on my car and I hope not to run into anything to sever.

Mac33R
02-17-2003, 06:49 PM
Thats why Australia is good for racing!! dry roads, good bends and straights!!!

sorry to hear bout ya car dude! i feel for ya!!

Add your comment to this topic!