Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Custom Wheels

Heep
09-29-2001, 02:10 PM
Can you get custom wheels, aside from buying another model and using the wheels from it?

Jay!
09-29-2001, 02:14 PM
Yes. Both Fujimi and Aoshima sell aftermarket wheel sets. Go to Hobby Link Japan (http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljlist.cgi?Category=AutAcc&Scale=24&Dis=2) (surprise!) and see a grand assortment. Some don't have pix, though, so you have to know what the real-life wheels look like.

Heep
09-29-2001, 02:30 PM
Wow, thanks. But those prices had better be for a set of 4 of them, because otherwise they are expensive.....

Heep
09-29-2001, 02:32 PM
Whoa...I really want that garage....

Jay!
09-29-2001, 02:57 PM
Yes, those are all sets of four. They usually come with tires, too. :rolleyes:

But, be aware that different manufactrers build their wheels differently. Tamiya wheels have a pin connected to the wheel that pits in a poly cap located inside the brake assemblies. Fujimi wheels have a recess to hold a poly cap, and a pin pushed through from the backside of the brake. The others... :confused:

Heep
09-29-2001, 03:05 PM
That's what sucks about this car, the back wheels have poly caps right in the wheels, but the front ones have pins through the wheels. Plus, they are different widths, so I can't really do custom wheels on these. I think I'd get some for a Stealth or something. Actually, would they work at all on ERTLs? They're totally different, aren't they?

BTW, I PMed you...

pkw1
09-29-2001, 03:19 PM
what I also do sometimes is taking a set of rims off of some other model car and cut them up then redo it with Tamiya Putty, works great, but takes forever..

Add your comment to this topic!