Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which new car should I buy a SRT-4, WRX sti, Lancer EVO?

Pages : [1] 2

dolla_bill0913
12-21-2002, 09:11 AM
I want to but a fast four door but I cant decide which one, let me hear your opinion. If you have another car besides the neon SRT-4, WRX sti, or Lancer Evo that you think I should take a look at, let me know.

-=Ice-T=-
12-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Right off the bat you can eliminate the SRT-4. It's not even in the same league as the STi and EVO. Now if I were you I would wait for both to come out, then decide. They are both gonna be $30,000+ so I hope you got the cash.

LjasonL
01-06-2003, 05:38 AM
if youre only talking about straight line highway racing type fast, for the money youll be saving on monthly payments and insurance with an srt4 it would probably be faster. but the other 2 are still gonna kill it at low speeds.

BLU CIVIC
01-08-2003, 04:36 PM
WANT A FAST 4 DOOR

BUT AL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR GOING FOR

v10_viper
01-08-2003, 04:50 PM
They did a comparo with the SRT and the WRX and the SRT beat it. The worst thing about it is it has terrible understeer, but you can always take care of that with the money that you'd save, but then again, me being a mopar man i cant say the WRX. It'd be nice if they made an all wheel drive version for a rally car of the SRT, it's a hell of a lot lighter than a WRX and pretty good motor. But really it's all up to you. Just dont call it a Neon, Dodge doesn't want you too, haha. Also I seen one in person, I like it a lot, lot better than the Sube

v10_viper
01-08-2003, 04:51 PM
Also, if you put better grippin tires on the SRT-4 it'd get into the low 13.5's for 1/4 mile

Polygon
01-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ldelaysionl
if youre only talking about straight line highway racing type fast, for the money youll be saving on monthly payments and insurance with an srt4 it would probably be faster. but the other 2 are still gonna kill it at low speeds.

Well, where have you been man? Anyhow; I would have to go with the new WRX or the SRT-4. The Mopar in me is screaming SRT-4. Where else can you get that level of performance for the money?

Answer: nowhere.

To me it is the obvious choice.

matraca280_112
01-08-2003, 09:22 PM
i like a car that has done thing. the wrx and evo are both good car and they are going to be the car to beat in the all wheel drive part of raceing. i just like that way the wrx looks and i know that there are aftermarket part othere on so you dont have to wait .

gemballa
01-08-2003, 09:36 PM
go for the evo!

Neutrino
01-09-2003, 02:38 AM
Well the sti and the evo cost 10K over the price of the srt-4. On a twisty track or under bad conditions the sti and the evo will win. But on a dragstrip the srt4 will more than keep up. Also there are plety of improvement for it like a quaife differential. Remember you'll have 10 grand to do upgrades that is quite a bit of money.

Bang for the buck there is no question srt4.

BTW idelaysionl where have you been. Welcome back!!!:wave:

Self
01-09-2003, 02:58 AM
Doesn't the evo come with near 300hp stock?? Same thing with the Sti, isn't it 271hp stock? Either of those DESECRATES the Neons rating by a hefty margin. Meaning it won't have a prayed in keeping up with the other two vehicles...

Self
01-09-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Self
Doesn't the evo come with near 300hp stock?? Same thing with the Sti, isn't it 271hp stock? Either of those DESECRATES the Neons rating by a hefty margin. Meaning it won't have a prayed in keeping up with the other two vehicles...

Looking at it right now, got it mixed up...271 for the new Evo, 300 for the new STi...WAY over the heads of Dodge's Neon here...It'll get smoked on the straight-line to the twisties and back again:eek:

Neutrino
01-09-2003, 04:33 AM
Sti and the evo are designed to be rally cars and therfore are designed to have very quik burst of acceleration but have weak top end. So yeah they will kill the srt4 off the line but at high speeds the srt4 will start to catch up.

TatII
01-09-2003, 10:20 AM
if you got the cash, i would get a STi. its sooo much more of a car. you get a super slick shifting 6 speed gear box with like hte perfect ratio's. you get a cool water squirter that when the weather is realy hot, you push a button, and the jets will spray water on the intercooler to keep it cool, you also have a center differential adjuster. that is a knob that you twist that adjust pressure on the center diff which controls how much you want the diff to slip, you also get brembo brakes, a super tuned boxer engine, and its more comfortable, and its built better. overall i think the STi is just sooo much more car then the SRT-4. plus the STi looks much much much better then standard WRX.

Neutrino
01-10-2003, 03:19 AM
Yes i agree with you sti and evo are both stock superior to the srt 4 but they cost 1/3 more aka 10 grand that is a lot of money. Which can theoretically be used to make the srt4 a whole lot faster especially in a straight line. One thing that you cannot modify with only 10k is the drive train so yeah if you plan do do rally racing type driving go for the sti or evo but for 1/4 mile performance with 10 k extra you'll smoke both evo and sti with the srt4.

v10_viper
01-10-2003, 04:10 PM
plus the SRT-4 has Viper SRT-10 seats in it:D

fatninja19
01-12-2003, 02:48 PM
If it were STi vs Evo, the STi would be the choice. First thing are the power ratings... I know its easy to extract more power from these turbo'ed engines, but the power Sti already has more power to start with. I don't know what motor is in the STi, but the EVO does have a pretty beefy motor. 4G63 right??? The STi just looks more developd than the EVO.

Negatives for the EVO:
=less power.
=5 spd, instead of the 6 spd that Japan gets.
=Mecahnical diffs, instead of the electronic ones that Japan gets.

But if the STi is like the current WRX(I very much dislike), I wouldn't want it. Meaning... a CAI and a Cat back exhuast nets you next to nothing in gains. There are a few more things which makes me dislike the WRX, but I'm too lazy to mention them all now.

Both the STi and EVO come with wings, that I really don't care for.

So bottom line still, the STi takes the cake over the EVO.

But bang for the buck? SRT4

Polygon
01-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Yes, the Evo will be using the 4G63, and yes, both the STi and Evo VIII have more power than the SRT-4. Also the do have LSDs, and yes they also have all wheel drive. This also means they weigh a lot more. I was looking at the estimated time for 0-60 for the Evo VIII and it seems that the SRT-4 is faster. Plus the U.S. version will be about 200 pounds heavier than the Japanese counterparts. Add weight alwoays means slower accelleration. Also the other two cost about $10,000 more than the SRT-4. They are all great cars, and I would love to own any one of them. My pick just has to be the SRT-4.

TatII
01-25-2003, 11:10 PM
polygon i don't know where you got the time for the SRT-4 being faster then the evo8. becusae even though the evo 8 is 4 tenths slower to 0-60 then the evo 7. it still does 0-60 in under 5 seconds at 4.8 to 4.9 seconds. which is still a whole second quicker then the SRT-4.

Miltown_Racer
01-26-2003, 11:50 PM
For the $$$$, I'll go with the SRT-4...a boost controller, intake, exhaust, good tires and you're in the 13's!!!!!!!!!!

For speed, the WRX-Sti and Evo are fast stock..low 13's stock. Cant decide between these cars now, but i heard the Sti is better than the Evo.

Polygon
01-27-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by TatII
polygon i don't know where you got the time for the SRT-4 being faster then the evo8. becusae even though the evo 8 is 4 tenths slower to 0-60 then the evo 7. it still does 0-60 in under 5 seconds at 4.8 to 4.9 seconds. which is still a whole second quicker then the SRT-4.

I read an artical stating they would do 0-60 in an est. 5.9 seconds. I might have read that wrong though.

Jimster
01-27-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Polygon

I read an artical stating they would do 0-60 in an est. 5.9 seconds. I might have read that wrong though.

Possibly the age old issue of the USM version being crappier than the JDM one- I really wouldn't be suprised if the USM one was a second slower to 100 km/h

issanniracing.com
01-28-2003, 08:44 AM
i was reading about the evo 8 the other day and the estimated 0-60 was 4.4
the wrx definetely does make more power and i dont know how you can say an intake and exhausts get you next to nothing.
my friend put just a cat back and cone filter on and he is running low 13's consistently.
thats a good amount of power increase to be able knock a second off your time.

Miltown_Racer
01-31-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Polygon

5.8 i read. pretty fast for a car under 20 gran. Like i said earlier, with only a few bolt-on's and you're even faster. The only thing that killed it is its looks and the motor will probably be like the rest of the DSM motors. Not so reliable.

Neutrino
01-31-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Miltown_Racer

5.8 i read. pretty fast for a car under 20 gran. Like i said earlier, with only a few bolt-on's and you're even faster. The only thing that killed it is its looks and the motor will probably be like the rest of the DSM motors. Not so reliable.

Looks are subjective(beauty is in the eye of the beholder) And where did you get the comparison with the dsm motors this has nothing oin comon with them. Is a completely new crhrysler design.

And DSM motors bad??? Those 2.0 were among the best designed.

Polygon
01-31-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Miltown_Racer

1. That was not about the SRT-4. I made that comment about the Evo.

2. The Neon does 0-60 in 5.8, and some have even gotten 5.6. Also the Neon engine is a 2.4L. It is not a DSM engine, it is not the 4G63.

3. Don't start with it not being reliable.

12secwrx
02-05-2003, 10:33 AM
go the sti dude if we could get that 2.5 liter turbo sti here in australia i would buy one tomorrow. there is so many after market turbo's around that will bolt straight on for another grand in your money no neon would ever keep up.
:flipa: :finger: :flipa:

Polygon
02-07-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by 12secwrx
go the sti dude if we could get that 2.5 liter turbo sti here in australia i would buy one tomorrow. there is so many after market turbo's around that will bolt straight on for another grand in your money no neon would ever keep up.
:flipa: :finger: :flipa:

Please explain that one to me. :rolleyes:

RACER D12
02-07-2003, 02:14 PM
We sould be comparing the SRT-4 to the WRX they are both about the same price.

Neutrino
02-07-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by RACER D12
We sould be comparing the SRT-4 to the WRX they are both about the same price.

i have yet to see a wrx aroud 20 k all i saw was around 24 k easily.

Paonessa
02-08-2003, 04:19 PM
definitely go with the STI. i'd feel better driving a subaru over a mitsubishi. I hope the evo VIII engines don't need to be rebuilt as often as the gsx/t eclipse engines

Neutrino
02-09-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Paonessa
definitely go with the STI. i'd feel better driving a subaru over a mitsubishi. I hope the evo VIII engines don't need to be rebuilt as often as the gsx/t eclipse engines

What??? Those 4 bangers from Mitsubishi are great engines. IMO the J-spec evo is superior to even the sti. I see magazines comparing the two and always the evo wins.

VR6Turbo
02-09-2003, 08:38 PM
SRT4 $20,000
Evo 8 $30,000
WRX STi $33,000

How could you even compare the Neon to these other two? I would wait it out and got the WRX STi though!

R32's Kick ass
02-10-2003, 02:55 AM
answers simple u try to drag and do quatermile runs every where(in other words take off as fast as posible) take the evo(only reason being is that they come with twin plate clutch standered and a realy tough gear box) thew wrx on the other hand has a shit house clutch(if u ever try to do a burn out u will get clutch smoke instead of smoke from the tiers :bloated:

i have never herd of the other car in the comparo(unless the names difren't in other countries) so i wont talk about it:finger:

also depends on witch evo ur plain to by(although all of them are realy kik arse cars an i wouldn't midn ownin any evo) but yea if i were u i buy evo reason been is that the last long cause they were biult for rallying.:cool:

R32's Kick ass
02-10-2003, 03:03 AM
but the wrx thats goin to the usa is goin to have the bigger(2.5) legacy engien so it might hasve more power then the evo but thats only to comply with the regulations an all so it will weigh even more then it already does :eek:

VR6Turbo
02-14-2003, 03:58 PM
I would not be doing burouts in a WRX if i had one anyway. I would bet money that the WRX STi will not have a "shit house clutch" either, Not with 300 horsepower!

Conra94
02-19-2003, 10:06 PM
a stock neon-srt 4 in mopar magazine turned 13.70 :eek: (completely stock )

msrp 19,995

dodge already announced rebates will apply

minus $2,000

total 17,995 ,

its a no-brainer, i dont know how you could even compare the other 2

bang for the buck neon is a tremdously better value

top speed 148mph:eek:

R32's Kick ass
02-20-2003, 02:53 AM
trust me the cluthc is shit they had a shit one in em for ages even in the old legacy's

TatII
02-20-2003, 09:24 AM
no doubt the neon is a better value, but your missing the point, you get what you pay for. a neon is a fwd car that can mostly go fast in a straight line and nothing more. its just a neon with a turbo bolted on with stiff suspension. now if you look at a wrx or a evo. the only thing that resembles their tame counter parts is the chassis. the evo has a wider stance, better suspension, AWD, and a turbo motor, you can say the same with the STi. they are purpose built rally cars. they car quick in many ways. on certain tracks with certain drivers, it can keep up if not beat a ferrari. and when i say certain, i don't mean dirt course. i'm talkin about small tight dry circuit. and if they can't beat the ferrari. they can easily keep up no problem. now can you say that about the neon? the evo and the sti's are nicknamed "super car slayers in a saloon body shell" i bet you will never hear that from a neon.

Conra94
02-20-2003, 11:16 PM
so as long as he's not bracket racing, then why get the wrx or sti, I cant remember the last time i got into a high speed car chase around town, i got a 94 cobra i like to go fast in a straight line, while beating other cars. Which is the same thing im sure he wants to do. I know a guy who works at the belvdere plant, the srt has bigger brakes tighter suspension, and a beefed up engine to handle all the extra power, i mean what else do you expect from a 17k car, its a hell of a value, no matter how you look at it

Polygon
02-21-2003, 09:26 AM
no doubt the neon is a better value, but your missing the point, you get what you pay for. a neon is a fwd car that can mostly go fast in a straight line and nothing more. its just a neon with a turbo bolted on with stiff suspension. now if you look at a wrx or a evo. the only thing that resembles their tame counter parts is the chassis. the evo has a wider stance, better suspension, AWD, and a turbo motor, you can say the same with the STi. they are purpose built rally cars. they car quick in many ways. on certain tracks with certain drivers, it can keep up if not beat a ferrari. and when i say certain, i don't mean dirt course. i'm talkin about small tight dry circuit. and if they can't beat the ferrari. they can easily keep up no problem. now can you say that about the neon? the evo and the sti's are nicknamed "super car slayers in a saloon body shell" i bet you will never hear that from a neon.

Well, for one, they don't call them saloon cars on this side of the pond. :D

The SRT-4 has VERY little in common with the Neon’s of old. This Neon has a new frame, tighter suspension, different body, different interior, and the drivetrain is completely worked over. Dodge even already has upgrade packages available for the car. They entered the SRT-4 prototype in rally events and won a lot o those in their class. The new Neon can handle, you people just discredit it because it has a Neon nameplate. They should have called it something else and left no resemblance to the Neon. I bet people wouldn't have much to say then. Add an LSD, up the boost, and add some Einbach springs and KYB shocks, then pop on a front and rear strut tower brace. All that wouldn't even cost you close to what the other two are priced at and you can bet that I can keep up.

Also, I would love to see them blow the doors on the 360 Modena on the track since they are more geared for rally racing. I haven't seen any STi's or Evo's racing with any Ferraris, just Peugeots, Fords, and Citroen.

There was a reason that Sport Compact Car gave the SRT-4 the Sport Compact of the Year award over the STi and Evo.

R32's Kick ass
02-21-2003, 05:21 PM
i have to agree with TatII an about the ferrari an evo can beat a f355 and a modena down a strait(same with the subie) i should no my neighbour owns a evo3 gsr and he has beaten a f355 with three ppl in his car!!!(just goes to show how crap sum ferrari's are) but u cant compere a sports car to A supercar. f355 istn exactly a supercar neither is a modena. and awd will always beat fwd for handeling and takin of down a strait.

R32's Kick ass
02-21-2003, 05:24 PM
wow i jus had a look at the srt 4

wat can i say it looks fkn ugly (jus like the old subaru wrx) bug eyes!!!:bloated:

R32's Kick ass
02-21-2003, 05:27 PM
this is a evo seven but the 8 or just evo as it will be called in usa looks pretty much the same

R32's Kick ass
02-21-2003, 05:29 PM
new wrx

Conra94
02-21-2003, 07:06 PM
I got to admit the WRX and Evo are damn good lookin cars, but if i can save 13k, the amount of customized work i can do to the SRT-4 is limitless. I can make it look how I CHOOSE not how the manufacturer decides, interior, rims, body kit, suspension, paint, you name it i got 13k to work with :D

Polygon
02-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by R32's Kick ass
i have to agree with TatII an about the ferrari an evo can beat a f355 and a modena down a strait(same with the subie) i should no my neighbour owns a evo3 gsr and he has beaten a f355 with three ppl in his car!!!(just goes to show how crap sum ferrari's are) but u cant compere a sports car to A supercar. f355 istn exactly a supercar neither is a modena. and awd will always beat fwd for handeling and takin of down a strait.

Ferrari crap?!?! That wins the ignorant statement of the month award. The F355 if the cheapest Ferrari and I don't they are even manufacturing it right now. Sure they can beat the Modena on the straight but they can't touch it on the track, it was built for a different purpose. Supercar slayers, hmm, let’s see them stay by the likes of the Mclaren F1, Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini Murcielago, Dodge Viper, and the likes. Not even the mighty Skyline can't hold a candle to the likes of these cars. As for AWD drive being better for the straight? Why is it that all top fuel drag cars are RWD, same for Funny and Pro Stock?

You have a lot to learn before making statements you nothing about, magazine ricer.

Neutrino
02-21-2003, 08:12 PM
. they are purpose built rally cars. they car quick in many ways. on certain tracks with certain drivers, it can keep up if not beat a ferrari. and when i say certain, i don't mean dirt course. i'm talkin about small tight dry circuit. and if they can't beat the ferrari. they can easily keep up no problem.

Ok tatII i really hope you are joking about this cuz otherwise i'll be very disapointed....

Originally posted by R32's Kick ass

how crap some ferrari are???and yes the modena and the 355 are not supercars they are sports cars. Especially the modena is a pure bred sports car. The 355 is more or a gran tourer/sport car.

Let me put it simple the modena and ferraris in general are totally superior cars way out of the sti/evo league.

So stop quoting straight line numbers cuz i can make a civic or an cavalier to beat a ferrari in a straight line and i hope you will not consider them better than a ferrari and btw the best setup for drag racing is RWD not AWD.

And don't say i'm biased cuz I actually love the evo in particular.I am actually considering buying one. But i still would never even considering in the same league with ferrari.

TatII
02-21-2003, 11:18 PM
so Neutrino you mean to tell me that a evo or a STi can not keep up a F355 in a small 1 mile track. as we all know, those kind of tracks mostly consist of tight hair pin turns, and very short straights. those are the same scenarios in a rally course. so thats when the super short gearing of the evo and sti will shine. there for our favorite little 4 doors can keep up if not beat a ferrari. but of course once, the course gets bigger and there are longer straight sweeps with longer straights, then you can kiss the STi good bye, but the evo 7 will still be able to keep up within a .5-.6 of a second for each lap time. i've seen this already on videos. and the logic is right. i mean the evo's and sti's are explosive until they hit 120mph thats when they start to lose steam. where as the ferrari has extreme highend, but it won't be able to take advantage of it in tight courses. you get hte drift? *no pun intended*

Neutrino
02-22-2003, 12:11 AM
so Neutrino you mean to tell me that a evo or a STi can not keep up a F355 in a small 1 mile track. as we all know, those kind of tracks mostly consist of tight hair pin turns, and very short straights. those are the same scenarios in a rally course. so thats when the super short gearing of the evo and sti will shine. there for our favorite little 4 doors can keep up if not beat a ferrari. but of course once, the course gets bigger and there are longer straight sweeps with longer straights, then you can kiss the STi good bye, but the evo 7 will still be able to keep up within a .5-.6 of a second for each lap time. i've seen this already on videos. and the logic is right. i mean the evo's and sti's are explosive until they hit 120mph thats when they start to lose steam. where as the ferrari has extreme highend, but it won't be able to take advantage of it in tight courses. you get hte drift? *no pun intended*

ok i see what you are sayig and i agree up to one point. In certain types of racing the results can be different. Againts a f355 yeah they would have more of a chance too but the 355 is more of a grand tourer that pure sports car on the other hand a ferrari like the 360 is a different story handling of a modena on a track course is just so much superior.

In your original post you just said ferrari and not specify which one so one can asume you included the enzo or the modena which can rape the 355 on a track

Then again on a rally couse the result would be very diferent indeed.

TatII
02-22-2003, 08:31 AM
of course i wouldn't be stupid enough to compare a evo to a F40-50 and even the enzo. then it would be just pure murder for the japanese car.

benroliver
02-23-2003, 12:29 AM
U people are crazy, none of those cars will touch a 360 modena, not even close that car runs low 12's. The subaru will be in the 13's and im not sure about the mitsu, and as for the neon, why would you even think about it. I read a think on the neon, the boost varies up to 14lbs, thats rediculously high boost for such a slow car. It leaves no room for improvement, plus the fact that its front wheel drive. Stick with the sti, its a good car, but my money is with a 400 plus stock 03 mustang cobra, that will smoke em all :hehe:

R32's Kick ass
02-23-2003, 12:39 AM
umm no. the evo could take on a mustang down a strait and would absolutly piss over it on a track.(as long as the strait isn't too big) and if u took em both to a rally well the mustang doesn't even have a slitest chance.
and about the 360 that negotiable. and about the drag cars being rear weel drive thats because its based on weight they want the least weight posible so no 4wd and if u look at it u realise that everythin is around the wheels so it can taked off fast with out doin a big burnout.(and look at the tiers they are fkn huge)that goes for funi an top fuel):apoke:

Conra94
02-23-2003, 04:25 PM
heres a link to the dyno numbers on a new SRT-4
People are sayin that its underrated from the factory, these numbers confirm that, completely stock SRT-4
220Hp
247ft/lbs tq

thats at the wheels

thats gotta be at the crank 245hp 265ft/lbs tq

for 17k UNBELIEVABLE!!
:eek:

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/blackcat/dyno.htm

Heres what Car & Driver said about the SRT-4

http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81888

Conra94
03-01-2003, 11:29 PM
heres a vid of a WRX vs. SRT-4

http://staff.tcu.edu/jaltschul/SRT-4vsWRX_vs_Talon.WMV

MattyG
05-06-2003, 05:33 AM
I actually have 2 videos on my computer that seem relevant to this discussion....they could be "best motoring" videos, I am not sure as they are all in Japanese.

1st race is a 5-way JDM Spec shootout, heres how they finish after five laps of a racing circuit:

1. Skyline R34GTR
2. Mitsubishi Evolution VII

3. Honda NSX
4. Subaru Impreza STi

5. Mazda RX7 (way back).

2nd race is the top 2 from Japan vs a 360 Modena, a Corvette of some kind, and a Porsche 911 turbo

Same circuit, placings (from my rusty memory) were:

1. Porsche 911 Turbo
2. Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
3. Mitsubishi EVO VII
4. Ferrari Modena
5. Corvette

From memory, the cars seemed quite evenly matched down the straights, with the exception of the Porsche which had a clear advantage. The RWD cars were destroyed in the corners by all of the AWD cars though....in the end the 3rd-4th gap was quite large.

TatII
05-06-2003, 08:51 AM
mattyG you forgot about the nsx in that race. the nsx type S zero was 4th. it was behind the evo 7 and was in front of the modena.

MattyG
05-06-2003, 04:25 PM
oops my bad (memory), thanks.

Neutrino
05-10-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by MattyG
I actually have 2 videos on my computer that seem relevant to this discussion....they could be "best motoring" videos, I am not sure as they are all in Japanese.

1st race is a 5-way JDM Spec shootout, heres how they finish after five laps of a racing circuit:

1. Skyline R34GTR
2. Mitsubishi Evolution VII

3. Honda NSX
4. Subaru Impreza STi

5. Mazda RX7 (way back).

2nd race is the top 2 from Japan vs a 360 Modena, a Corvette of some kind, and a Porsche 911 turbo

Same circuit, placings (from my rusty memory) were:

1. Porsche 911 Turbo
2. Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
3. Mitsubishi EVO VII
4. Ferrari Modena
5. Corvette

From memory, the cars seemed quite evenly matched down the straights, with the exception of the Porsche which had a clear advantage. The RWD cars were destroyed in the corners by all of the AWD cars though....in the end the 3rd-4th gap was quite large.

yes i've seen some of those japanese videos an they all end up the same japanese cars murdering european or american cars.

i'm sorry but i'm more and more sckeptical about those videos. If japanese enginessring is so much better how come the world's major races are won by either american and european cars

eg. F1; paris-dakkar, le mans ETC...

and dont call me a japanese import hater cuz the tro cars i'm cosidering are thye g35 coupe or the new evo. I love japanese cars but they are not as superior above everything else as many people seem to think.

dayna240sx
05-10-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Neutrino

yes i've seen some of those japanese videos an they all end up the same japanese cars murdering european or american cars.

i'm sorry but i'm more and more sckeptical about those videos. If japanese enginessring is so much better how come the world's major races are won by either american and european cars

eg. F1; paris-dakkar, le mans ETC...

and dont call me a japanese import hater cuz the tro cars i'm cosidering are thye g35 coupe or the new evo. I love japanese cars but they are not as superior above everything else as many people seem to think.

Dont yell at me if I'm wrong, but didn't they have to ban the 787B from le mans cause it was killing all the AMERICAN and EUROPEAN cars?

And have you ever tried to drag launch a wrx? Kinda difficult.

Its not all about straight line racing. Anyone can drive a car straight... The Evo and STi are going to handle a lot better than the neon. And personaly, I'd much rather be seen in an STi than a girly neon.

Add your comment to this topic!