Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

DVD Navigation Systems (Post Sale)

Mizor
12-21-2002, 04:13 AM
I am curious to know how the Nissan DVD Navigation system compairs to other after market systems. I choose not to get it as an option, since the 2k they charged for it at the dealership seemed a bit steep, so does anyone have any advise? Does anyone know exactly how much screen can fit into the cover and still be able to close the door?

Thank you in advance.

lordbaron4504
02-09-2003, 10:46 PM
When I bought my Z (Touring, fully loaded) it came with the NAV. I didn't want it and I surely didn't want to pay for it but I wanted the car so bad I said to hell with it. I've had my car about a month and the NAV system has saved my ass a couple of times. I've been out of town and I've been able to find an ATM and gas stations with ease. A week ago I had a blind date at a restaurant out of town and I thought I knew where it was but as it turns out I didn't. I had the address plugged it into the NAV and it took me to the sweet little honey who was waiting for me. Let's just say she dug me and the car and the rest is XXX rated.

rich1500
02-11-2003, 05:23 PM
im planning on buying a 350z relatively soon, i really liked the navigation system and i was wondering if there is any monthly fees for the navigation system, if so how much?

Zpresence
02-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Awesome post man!!! You had me rollin.

Deadly Mantis
02-19-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by rich1500
im planning on buying a 350z relatively soon, i really liked the navigation system and i was wondering if there is any monthly fees for the navigation system, if so how much?

I doubt there are monthly fees. While I've never had a car with a built-in navigation system, I've owned several handheld GPS's and never had to pay any sort of monthly fee.

Neutrino
02-19-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by rich1500

The GPS system is free for all to use thanks to the US Army. Go Army!!!;) :D

Anyway the system is free and so is the dvd that comes with the maps. The thing that costs is to keep those maps updated. So if you don't care about being up to the minute with every change in the us road maps you'll not pay zip nada nothing.....and that is a beautiful thing.:)

Add your comment to this topic!