Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New to this

Jetts
12-15-2002, 01:58 AM
I was just wondering like is it inexpansive to start up a few of these models and are they expremly hard and where do u get them??

i was just wondering cause they look nice and it is a way for me to get my dream car (sorta):bandit:

kicker1_solo
12-15-2002, 02:03 AM
It's not expensive at all. You can go down to wal-mart and pick up a kit for about 10 bucks, spray paint about 3, brush and paints maybe 5. And once you have the paints you won't need to buy them for the next kit. I can usually do a kit for about $15 including cost of the kit. You can get the kits almost anywhere, wal-mart, fred meyer, hobby stores, order them online.

Jetts
12-15-2002, 02:07 AM
oh it is just a plain model kit i thought maybe u guys were too "cool" for walmart kits lol

kicker1_solo
12-15-2002, 02:43 AM
lol, that's what I thought at first when I got here. Then I learned that tons of the models on here are from wal mart and such places. I know a lot of the ones in the Model Car Gallery are from Wal Mart, I know my Integra (http://www.automotiveforums.com/scalemodeling/kicker/) is. :D

hiver77
12-15-2002, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by 96Hatch
oh it is just a plain model kit i thought maybe u guys were too "cool" for walmart kits lol

We are "too cool" for Walmarts :evillaugh :evillaugh

J/K

Paint can get expensive as depending on your method, a can will only last 2 models the most. A tamiya-size primer is about 3 models ($7).

There are other cheaper spray paint alternative than the Japanese products like stuff you could find at Walmart (Duplicote?, etc.).

Airbrushing paint tends to be cheaper as you can mix custom colors instead of buying cans for each color.

Jonno
12-15-2002, 05:27 AM
Read the FAQ. It usually helps.

Add your comment to this topic!