Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bad steering problem!

Sm00th G2o
09-26-2001, 11:02 AM
Ok, I have 2 busted boots on both my axles. Im not sure if this has n-e thing to do w/ it, but when I make a wide lefthand turn(say on ramp to interstate) when i push the gas, my car cuts in really sharp (like I jerked the wheel harder to the left) I makes me have to counter stear to the right. I was wondering if this problem is b/c of the axles, or my suspension. My right side suspension (front) was making a bad squeekin noise when it would compress. It has stoped now. N-E one have n-e ideas?

kenchan
09-26-2001, 11:32 AM
may be your G's a FR. hehehe.

DVSNCYNIKL
09-26-2001, 11:35 AM
It could be because of your busted axles. Why don't you just have it fixed and see if there is a difference. If the problem persists, at least that is one less problem you would have to worry about.

T4 Primera
09-26-2001, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Sm00th G2o
....when I make a wide lefthand turn(say on ramp to interstate) when i push the gas, my car cuts in really sharp (like I jerked the wheel harder to the left) I makes me have to counter steer to the right......... N-E one have n-e ideas? Check your lower suspension arm bushes, tie-rod ends and inner rack ends.;) If the torn boots is any indication of the general state of the vehicle, there may be a number of worn out parts to replace. I wouldn't tolerate anything that was affecting steering (or brakes)...get it fixed!:)

Sm00th G2o
09-27-2001, 01:39 PM
I am planning on it as soon as I get the money. Braking seems to be ok, but the stearing is whats so fuked up. IT is kinda nice having the rear end slide around so much... easy to start a drift around a corner. But I want to get it fixed.. I got an e-break for drifting...

pearl-p10
10-02-2001, 10:51 PM
Souns similar to my problem so I was wondering if you got your car fixed and what the outcome was.

Sm00th G2o
10-03-2001, 08:05 AM
Actually, Some lady pulled out in front of me 2 days after I posted that... So I will never know. Damn it, it was really buggin me to.:mad:

pearl-p10
10-03-2001, 01:58 PM
thanks anyway

Add your comment to this topic!