Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.


hi everybody


viper_181
12-10-2002, 07:55 AM
can you tell me guys what the different between dodge viper and Chrysler Viper about the horsepower and the engine about every things becuase i got new chrysler viper but i dont know what the different
thanx alot's

DeViL
12-13-2002, 12:37 AM
Chrysler makes a Viper? Maybe its fancier and no different power wise?
Is that your car in the pic, if so why did you do the white spray around it?

Now that I think of it, how could you not know what you bought? You didn't even bother asking the person selling you the car about it?

Neutrino
12-13-2002, 02:28 AM
Never heard of Chrysler Viper???:confused:

hybridsol
12-13-2002, 03:24 AM
Some parts of the dodge viper were handled by the same designer of the Chrysler 300 Hemi C convertible concept. While the Viper is exclusively dodge (unless your running lemans viper) DaimlerChrystler corp. owns dodge. Maybe thats where your getting mixed up, but the car is a dodge. :)

Polygon
12-13-2002, 12:51 PM
Yeah, there is no such thing as a Chysler badged Viper. If there were the only difference might be a more plush ride and more luxury items. There is only the Dodge Viper however.

And if it were a LeMans Viper, I would have to kill you, nothing like the LeMans GTS-R.

v10_viper
12-13-2002, 02:37 PM
I think over in Europe they call it the Chrysler Viper.

Polygon
12-13-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by v10_viper
I think over in Europe they call it the Chrysler Viper.

Ah, that's a good point, I never thought of that.

viper_181
12-14-2002, 03:59 AM
thank's alot evrey body and i think so the power same

DeViL
12-15-2002, 12:24 AM
Is that yours? Pretty, the blue and red are my favorite Viper colors. They are just so bright and good looking....damn...nice.

THEMASH
12-15-2002, 03:44 PM
Power is not the same; i know that for a fact.
The Vipers that are sold in Europe are detuned. They make about 70hp less then the viper sold in the states due to intake and exhaust restrictions. There are steps you can take to bring power back up to the US spec, might want to check out the www.Viperclub.org for more info/details.

And Yes, the viper in Europe is called the Chrysler Viper and not the dodge viper.

hybridsol
12-15-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by THEMASH
Power is not the same; i know that for a fact.
The Vipers that are sold in Europe are detuned. They make about 70hp less then the viper sold in the states due to intake and exhaust restrictions. There are steps you can take to bring power back up to the US spec, might want to check out the www.Viperclub.org for more info/details.

And Yes, the viper in Europe is called the Chrysler Viper and not the dodge viper.
never thought of europe, woulden't the viper have the steering wheel on the right then?

THEMASH
12-15-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by hybridsol

never thought of europe, woulden't the viper have the steering wheel on the right then?

No, only the UK has the steering wheel on the right. Germany, France, Italy, Spain and most of the rest are left hand drive cars.

Besides, you can still buy and register a car in the UK with the steering wheel on the left. they sell the ford Lightning, mustang cobra, viper and many other cars in the UK with left hand steering wheels only.

hybridsol
12-15-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by THEMASH


No, only the UK has the steering wheel on the right. Germany, France, Italy, Spain and most of the rest are left hand drive cars.

Besides, you can still buy and register a car in the UK with the steering wheel on the left. they sell the ford Lightning, mustang cobra, viper and many other cars in the UK with left hand steering wheels only.
interesting, thanks for the info.

THEMASH
12-15-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by hybridsol

interesting, thanks for the info.

The 3 main countries i know of that have the steering wheel on the right are: UK, Japan and Australia.

Neutrino
12-17-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by hybridsol

never thought of europe, woulden't the viper have the steering wheel on the right then?

Why do everybody in the States thinks that europe drives on the left side when that is true only of the UK?:confused:

hybridsol
12-17-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Neutrino


Why do everybody in the States thinks that europe drives on the left side when that is true only of the UK?:confused:
Actually right side drive is used not only in the UK but in many places worldwide. (example -Japan) Also I was curious to why I had never read or heard of the viper being labeled as the "Chrysler Viper" in europe. So I decided to question one of my more knowledgeable professors, he told me that he had heard of it being called a "crysler viper" in europe, but the vehicle is still under the trademark/ co. name of dodge motor vehicles. Both dodge and crysler being one of the same crysler corp. anyway.

Neutrino
12-18-2002, 02:35 AM
I meant only UK out of all Europe drives on the left side but everyone assumes that the rest of europe drives on the left too.

viper_181
12-18-2002, 05:45 AM
yes there is chysler viper in europe and i had one it's same dodge viper and same every things but about the horsepower i heard somebody said it not same the power it's defrient

DeViL
12-18-2002, 10:35 AM
I can't imagine it being more then what it produces in the states, probably just the same. I don't think Chrysler and Dodge would rip us off by producing a low powered Viper in the States and putting out the high powered version in Europe.

Add your comment to this topic!