Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 3.0L cooling issue

dksob81
12-21-2007, 05:26 PM
I am working on a 96 Ford Aerostar 3.0L, I have rpelaced the Water Pump, Heater Control Valve, Upper/Lower Radiator Hoses, Radiator, T-Start - all for different reasons.

Well now it just came back when it started overheating he (owner) checked coolant level in rad and was empty so he added water and brought it in so we could look at it. well the problem is that the coolant is flowing into the overflow bottle normally when it gets hot and pressure build up but is not returning to the radiator, so when it cools down and checked the radiator the level is low then when you fill it and let it warm up it does the same thing expands to the overflow bottle and does not return and it gets so full it pours out of the overflow bottle - so I replaced the Radiator Cap and Hose to the overflow bottle and still the same thing and that did not change a thing.

Anyone have any ideas.....

Joe

dksob81
12-21-2007, 10:23 PM
anyone?

jocelyn martel
02-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi ,I have a Aerostar 97 and there's not enough heat when turn the heat on end the fan we changed both head gasket they were leaking from the outside, does the thermostat is supposed to be always open after the engine is hot? or does the rad. have to be replace cause maybe poor circulation?

rhandwor
07-30-2008, 03:35 PM
If only one radiator hose is hot the radiator is plugged or the thermostat is stuck closed. Put a pressure tester on the radiator if the gage pulses when running you have a blown head gasket. Try to borrow a pressure tester from Advanced ,Auto Zone or O'Riley's. They have a tool loaner program.

Add your comment to this topic!