Why No V6??

justins_s10
12-17-2007, 01:07 AM
I currently own a chevy s10 pickup with the 4.3 v6 with a auto trans. I was looking at new trucks at the dealership and was wondering why the colorado and canyon trucks have no 4.3 v6 option. My friend has a 05 colorado and let me drive it for a day just to see if I liked it, and I absolutly hate that I5 engine, not enough torque, and revs too much like a car, my 4.3 in my s10 has that good old grunt to it and has great ""low"" end power, and sounds great with flowmasters 40s. I have owned nothing but chevy trucks for over 10 years, but why should I have to buy a silverado, if all I want is a dang v6. When I am ready to buy a new truck within the next year, if there is no v6 offered, then I will either have to go with a ford, dodge, toyota, or nissan as they all have enough common sense to at least offer a v6.

DBNissan
12-31-2007, 03:37 AM
GM was planning to release a V8 in the late 2008 model Colorado and Canyons but delayed it till 2009. The Hummer H3 Alpha has the 5.3 in it already. The H3 is the same platform as the Colorado and Canyon.

Add your comment to this topic!