Page updated on 11-21-2017

Turbo?

Nightwolf1772
12-16-2007, 11:13 PM
This spring I am hopfully getting an Acura integra 1995-01. I plan on tuning it up and eventually turbocharging it. I have some but little knowledge about turbo kits. Some people have told me i can run upto a 15 psi turbo on a stock 5 speed Intgra motor.The one i am looking at now is a Gready turbo kit but i am looking for any help on finding out what i will be able to run and what i will need to run a turbo on it when i get it. any help will be appriciated

CivicSpoon
12-17-2007, 12:01 AM
PSI really doesn't mean very much, especially when talking about power goals. 15psi from a generic T3/T4 turbo is a whole lot more power than 15psi from a Mitsubishi T25 turbo. Figure out a realistic power goal and work from there. Are you planning on running the turbo on the stock engine, or are you going to build it? Do you have emissions testing where you live? If so, is it for all cars, is it after a certain age, OBD2 only?

If you're only looking for a little kick in power, aren't building the engine, and have to pass emissions; the Greddy kit is a good kit to go with, but make sure to get the intercooler kit with it.

Nightwolf1772
12-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Yea it will have to pass emissions and ty for the tips alot have people have told me the kit is good. So far im not going to be building the engin I may in later years but for now no

Schister66
12-19-2007, 09:14 AM
www.honda-tech.com/zeroforum/16

That's the Forced Induction forum on Honda-tech. I'm the moderator of both the Forced Induction forum and the Integra forum...come check it out and we'll give you a hand on your setup

Add your comment to this topic!