Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Please Help Me!!! Acura Mdx Damage!!!

katanaswordfish
12-15-2007, 05:50 AM
Please help me a.s.a.p.!!!

I was driving around last night, and i was going normal speed 30ish and it was dark and foggy and we directly hit a curb!!!

Its a BRAND NEW MDX. Well we pulled over right after it happened and i was really shocked and flustered by it. When i got out i noticed the tire was totally 100% flat and there was a big plastic part hanging down in the undercarriage of the front of the car.

It's my parents car and im gonna be in deep shit over this. I wasnt being irresponsible, it was just an accident but i still feel horrible. Do you know how much this is gonna cost?

I dont know what the actual damage is. But the tire pressure alert came on, obviously. Could it just be that the tire blewout? How much would that cost to fix? What about the plastic thing? Does anyone know what im talking about? The little plastic thing is only hanging down about an inch or two. Im just worried that we might have done more significant damage to the car. The body looks fine and i didnt see any dents, but i had to drive back home with the flat/popped tire, which was about 5 minutes of driving, and it was very difficult to control, obviously.

I really really need help.

thanks so much.
-kat

-P.S.: could i just change the tire on the car myself? if it was just a blowout from the impact of hitting a curb is it easily fixable???
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/KatanaSwordfish/mdxsss.jpg

Greenblurr93
12-25-2007, 07:17 PM
if its just the tire, it could run you about 100 to fix. if it took the rim with it... now your talkin 400ish depending on the cost of the rim. the plastic piece... meh.. its prolly just a splash guard and a couple zip ties will fix it.... and driving on a flat is the last thing you want to do... why didnt you just put the spare tire on it?

Add your comment to this topic!