Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

3 litre Mondeo ST220 for NZ??

dusty
12-07-2002, 09:36 PM
According to the Holden NZ website the 3.2 V6 Vectra will be available in NZ, It will be interesting to see if Ford NZ will bring the ST220 to NZ to compete, I expect the new Vectra (although I'm unsure if I even like the look of the car) will be a better vehicle than the 3.8 litre Commodore at least until the quad cam v6 becomes standard fitment under the Commodore bonnet. Does any one have any insights or gossip re this being considered by Ford NZ?

Jimster
12-14-2002, 06:37 PM
I doubt they will release the Mondeo ST220 in NZ- simply because it'd be priced well into XR6 Turbo territory :)

replicant_008
12-23-2002, 09:52 PM
I can't see either vehicle being available to be honest. The 3.2 litre Vectra pricing will be in Commodore S/SV8 territory and from experience it's one thing to have the car noted in your lineup quite another to actually get to test drive and get a decent delivery time (I looked @ a Vectra V6 last time around). Also the last Vectra V6's were all autos too.

As for the ST220, the current ST is banging on the door of XR6 atmo territory and any ST220 couldn't be justified for the small volumes that would be sold at similar prices to the XR6 Turbo and XR8.

dusty
12-23-2002, 11:26 PM
Hi Rep, yes fair comment. Its obvious to see why Mr Polites turned down the Mondeo for Australia, I cant really see the sales reps (and I'm one) lining up for the Zafira wagon or the Avensis, Ford and Mazda ( Well , yeah ,, Ford) should clean up on the wagon front,
Merry Xmas to all

Dusty

Add your comment to this topic!