Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2005 Sunfire Speakers

Gardenmega
12-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I kinda Blew out my back left speaker :banghead: and i have to buy new ones. But before I do buy new speakers for my car, Can anyone tell me the sizes for the speakers in the rear and Front?

millrtime
12-09-2007, 07:06 PM
4x6 in the door panels, 6x9 in the rear deck. how the hell did you manage to blow them? ive had mine on full blast for more than 2 hours and nothing. i just want an excuse to get new ones.

Gardenmega
12-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I want to say thats it partially my Subwoofer's fault. That i wanted more Thump-Thump and i kepted cranking up the volume and they just gave out. Thats my guess. But its only one, but i am like Screw it i am getting all round cause since i have 2 new ones in the back i might as well match sound qaultity in the front. But thanks for the speaker sizes.

Lefix
12-11-2007, 02:56 AM
Dont buy aftermarket 4x6 to replace the front if you are going to replace the fronts ones... get 6.5" ones and fit it in there, sounds WAY better.. 4x6's are CRAP lol

Gardenmega
12-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Cool thanks for the Heads up Lefix. With the 6.5" speakers, would i have to do any modifaction to the door frame to pop them in. Also when i do get replacement speakers, Do i need to pop off the door frame to get to teh speakers or does the cover pop right off and i go from there?Also i like what you did to your Sunfire on your Cardomain page. One thing, With your EL reverse glow gauge, Did you ever get rid of the On/off switch and make it turn on with your Headlights. Cause a friend of mine is goign to wire it up for me cause he did the same thing for his camaro.
I was just wondering cause i like the look of your sunfire. :)

Gardenmega
12-22-2007, 11:23 PM
Update on my speakers.
Cirucit City had a deal with speakers i couldnt pass up, buy first speaker get second half off, Well i bought the Jensens(listed below) 6x9 and sony xplodes(below) 4x6. Total price with wiring harness $88. Now that is a good deal.
Jensens (http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Jensen-Triaxial-Speakers-POWERPLUS693/sem/rpsm/oid/181569/catOid/-13092/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do)
Sony Xplodes (http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-4-x-6-4-Way-Speakers-SXV4642A/sem/rpsm/oid/164734/catOid/-13092/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do)
I have the Jensens in right now, dont have pictures yet but will add them. Going to put the front sony's in some time after the holiday.

Add your comment to this topic!