Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

03 malibu radio has no power

mrbrightside
12-08-2007, 08:15 PM
my 03 malibu radio has no power to radio. no codes ,no display, no sound...
I just had it in at the shop to have the driver side door swithces replaced and it came back without a functioning radio. Just wondering if this might be related . Also the door chime is not working either. Anyone have any ideas?

MalibuBob
12-09-2007, 12:44 PM
If this is the radio with the built in Driver Information Center, the chimes are tied into it. If the DIC isn't working, you won't get any chimes.
As for the radio itself, the most obvious thing to check is the fuses. Have you done that yet?
Although I don't think it's directly related to your door switch replacement, it's possible that either a fuse was blown in the installation, or a connector was unplugged somewhere and they forgot to plug it back in. My bet is a fuse.

mrbrightside
12-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I have checked the fuses and they appear fine.(drivers and passenger side,also under hood)... I have read a little about a bcm , could this be the the problem or should I investigate the door switches further

stratford_boy
12-11-2007, 06:31 PM
How did you check the fuses? The best way to check them is with a grounded test light...touch the metal tabs on the ends of each fuse that is installed in the fuse panel, and if one tab lights but the other one doesn't, you have a bad fuse. There should also be a fuse panel in the vehicle's passenger compartment...check those too. I agree with the other guys...more than likely a blown fuse...

mrbrightside
12-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks again for the reply, I will go buy a tester tommorow to check fuses. Up till now I have just been pulling them and visually checking them. I will let you know

Add your comment to this topic!