Air Filter and Connecting Hoses

flashlight
12-06-2007, 02:20 AM
Alright I'm throughly confused now. I was looking in my manual about the hoses that connect to the air filter and noticed that there were two hoses, but when I look at my air filter I only have one coming off of it. Which is the one that connects to the PCV valve. So here's the question, is there supposed to be one hose or two? If there is supposed to be a second hose where does it connect to? And what is its purpose?

TENGRAM
12-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Alright I'm throughly confused now. I was looking in my manual about the hoses that connect to the air filter and noticed that there were two hoses, but when I look at my air filter I only have one coming off of it. Which is the one that connects to the PCV valve. So here's the question, is there supposed to be one hose or two? If there is supposed to be a second hose where does it connect to? And what is its purpose?i know there is one on mine that is just a tube with a dead end, that works like a resonator. possible this is what you're seeing in the manual?

leonbentz
12-06-2007, 02:03 PM
The hose that connects to the PCV is on the very front of the air cleaner and it runs to the valve cover. Midway, it "T's" off and goes down to the intake, which is where the PCV is. Under the bottom, in the rear, you should see two hoses and an electrical sensor connector. On mine, one air hose goes to a little canister and the other one goes to the "idle up" sensor (for the AC) If yours doesn't have AC, then you may only have one air line connector, on the bottom.

Add your comment to this topic!