Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Auxiliary (MP3) Plug on 2008 New Beetle Convertible

Curry_Cap
12-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Hello All,
First, let me introduce my new car - it's a Harvest Moon Beige New Beetle Convertible and I love it :grinyes: I have been eyeing this car for years now and finally took VW up on their great promos right now.

Second, I've had the car a week and as I said, I love it, but there's one little problem. The auxiliary input jack seems to be too large for the cord. I have a standard six foot male to male cord that goes from my MP3 player to the jack beside the glove box, every time I insert it into the jack it slips right back out. My husband uses it in his SUV and it works great so I have to assume that VW's auxiliary jack is a different size. Anyone else have a problem or better yet, a solution, for this?
Thanks in advance to all that reply!
C

CathyDad
12-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Sounds like something to ask the dealer about at the first oil change for a possible fix under warranty. All you can do is try another jack--even the one from your MP3 player's earbuds will work for a test. As you look at the plug, you will note that it is rounded or gently pointed to guide it into the hole, then tapers to a smaller diameter for about an eighth of an inch, then back to full diameter. This detent engages a contact /flat spring in the socket installed near the glovebox. If that spring has been jammed or damaged, there is nothing to hold the cable in place. Gravity will make it fall out.

Hope this helps.

Add your comment to this topic!