Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Bravada instrument lights, dies......

brodie1212
12-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Hi I am new to the site and unfortunalty there is a reason for that. My wife and I bought a used 2002 bravada 4.3 awd with 50,000 miles on it two months ago. Recently we have been having some issues and would like to get your thoughts:

Three times all the instrument lights came on while driving, then went off, vehicle remained running. After that after, I was getting fuel, while leaving the pump all the lights came on (on the instrument panel) and the vehicle died. I put it in park, and restarted it, worked fine except the digital clock had been reset, but the pretuned stations were still programed. Two days later it did the same thing to my wife, lights come on dies. We took it in, GMC dealer changes the fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator, sends us on our way. Vehicle runs fine for a day then this morning my wife puts the key in to start it and none of the lights come on, wont crank, and she cant get the key out. I go and pick the vehicle up about 10 min later, turn the key and it starts fine, however the clock is reset again and the lights on the instrument panel are considerably dimmer (as were the headlights). When I step on the gas pedal the lights get brighter. While driving the Bravada home about 1/4 of a mile it seemed to idle low and felt like it was going to die the whole time driving.

I have read all of the posts on here and it seems that others have had this problem and it was the ignition switch, but none said anything about the dim lights, or lack of power. The dealer also assured me that it is not the ignition switch (as I see many dealers have told other posters).

I truely believe this vehicle is cursed as when i pulled it into the garage the torsion spring broke on the garage door, what a better way to start off the day huh? Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Stewart
12-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Is the Check Engine light on?
My '92 did the same thing except keep the radio station presets, when a battery cable got loose. If any of the battery connections look wet, the connections will need cleaning with some baking soda & water then you can make plans to replace the battery soon.

brodie1212
12-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Fast response, thanks!

The check engine light did not come on, and the connections look good.

Add your comment to this topic!